No announcement yet.

So Golovkin beat Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    Usually, the purse-bid split between a WBC champion and mandatory challenger is 70-30 in favor of the titleholder. However, when a WBC champ faces a WBC interim titleholder the split is 55-45.
    http://******.craveonline.com/news/4...ay-mailbag-256

The bid amount is split between the fighters, generally a 55-45 split in the case of a WBC title fight between a titleholder and interim titlist.
    http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...adline-looming

Dough Fischer and Fat Dan both saying the split is 55/45 for Champion vs Interim.
    Well they are wrong. This was the case in the rules a couple of years ago, but the rule has been removed. I literally posted it twice

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      Mexican television said Canelo turned down the 70-30 split Golovkin's team proposed. Shut up with the 55/45 split propaganda K2 knew that wasn't reasonable so they offered a reasonable split and CanelHO ducked.
      Who did that info come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Well they are wrong. This was the case in the rules a couple of years ago, but the rule has been removed. I literally posted it twice
        I doubt two people who's job is to write about boxing would be wrong about something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody8804 View Post
          He now has accomplished his strange obsession of having all the middleweight belts. Now what? Will he finally go up in weight and try to have some semblance of a small legacy or will it be too late? His legacy will probably be 'the boxer who had the easiest route to unification/ the guy who won most belts on technicalities.' Why is Golovkin obsessed with belts more than doing great things?
          That's like asking why tennis players and golfers are obsessed with winning cups and trophies.

There is no greater thing in boxing than winning world titles.

Winning world titles = legacy. If GGG wins all 4 MW belts, being the unified, undisputed MW champion of the world will be a fantastic legacy. And no-one who reads about it or talks about it after he retires will give a **** that "he didn't move up in weight doe"

Even you neurotic fools who are obsessed with that now will have forgotten all about it and moved on to some other childish hobby horse in a couple of years time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            I doubt two people who's job is to write about boxing would be wrong about something like that.
            Ah the WBC must be wrong then. My bad. I simply forgot they could be wrong when they implement their own rules.

Or maybe its the case the two people you talk about haven't noticed the rule change, since its barely used. I wouldn't expect them to know every single rule of 4 major sanctioning bodies.

Golovkin was not entitled to 45% as interim champion, simple as

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              That's like asking why tennis players and golfers are obsessed with winning cups and trophies.

There is no greater thing in boxing than winning world titles.

Winning world titles = legacy. If GGG wins all 4 MW belts, being the unified, undisputed MW champion of the world will be a fantastic legacy. And no-one who reads about it or talks about it after he retires will give a **** that "he didn't move up in weight doe"

Even you neurotic fools who are obsessed with that now will have forgotten all about it and moved on to some other childish hobby horse in a couple of years time.
              No it's absolutely NOT like golf, tennis, football, soccer or basketball. Those are sports where the best must face the best every year and the cream rises to the top. Golovkin has been given his belts on technicalities except for Lemieux which is a B- level fighter anyway.

Comment

Ah the WBC must be wrong then. My bad. I simply forgot they could be wrong when they implement their own rules.

Or maybe its the case the two people you talk about haven't noticed the rule change, since its barely used. I wouldn't expect them to know every single rule of 4 major sanctioning bodies.

Golovkin was not entitled to 45% as interim champion, simple as
                From your link

"provided, however, that the WBC Board of Governors may by a majority vote, authorize a modification of the division of purse offer proceeds between boxers in a purse offer in unusual or special cases, such as consideration of outstanding marketing value of one of the boxers, as the WBC shall determine in its sole discretion. The modification of the split of the remainder shall be limited to 60-40% and 55-45%, except in the most exceptional circumstances, in which the split may be modified to 50-50%."

http://wbcboxing.com/downloads/WBC_R...ember_2015.pdf

"Special cases", like the Champion vs Interim.

Comment

No it's absolutely NOT like golf, tennis, football, soccer or basketball. Those are sports where the best must face the best every year and the cream rises to the top. Golovkin has been given his belts on technicalities except for Lemieux which is a B- level fighter anyway.
                  So critcise the fighters that allowed the technicalities to happen. There is literally no blame you can put on Golovkin here, even though you want to so much.

You put so much expectation on one fighter. The irony here is that posters like you rate Golovkin far higher than most of us on here. A modestly sized middleweight should go to p4p fighter Ward's weight, without hesitation, and fight him? Wow, I don't think hes good enough to do that. I don't think anyone is. Let Golovkin become the undisputed middleweight champion, clear his own natural division. Afterwards you can criticise him for not taking bigger fights. He has nothing left to prove at middleweight when he has all of the titles

Comment

So critcise the fighters that allowed the technicalities to happen. There is literally no blame you can put on Golovkin here, even though you want to so much.

You put so much expectation on one fighter. The irony here is that posters like you rate Golovkin far higher than most of us on here. A modestly sized middleweight should go to p4p fighter Ward's weight, without hesitation, and fight him? Wow, I don't think hes good enough to do that. I don't think anyone is. Let Golovkin become the undisputed middleweight champion, clear his own natural division. Afterwards you can criticise him for not taking bigger fights. He has nothing left to prove at middleweight when he has all of the titles
                    He would have ALOT left to prove. His biggest wins would be Saunders, Murray and Lemieux. All three fringe top ten contenders who would rate right around the number ten spot. That's not a undisputed champion.

Comment

So just to make sure, please answer simple yes or no, you are saying Macklin, proksa, rosado and Stevens are TOP middleweights? Because that's what you said. (Btw you didn't fool me, you mixed and matched from 6 ranking organizations to try and fit your narrative)

Ishida ranked 11 by ring??!! They only rank through ten! Now you are making things up completely

Look at all those tkos. Golovkin can't get beautiful flush kos like Mayweather, Jacobs or Canelo
                      I'm not saying they are. But Transnational, an organisation made up of former referees, boxers and journalists says they are, as do The Ring. Who am I to say their opinion is less valid than mine, when boxing is literally their livelihood, not just their hobby?

Yeah, you got me on Ishida - that was also meant to be Transnational.

I also haven't "mixed and matched". I've tried to corroborate with other sources as much as possible. There was an article about this the other day, actually.

If you want KOs, Wade (KO2), Rubio (KO2), Macklin (KO3) - I made a mistake in the previous post, and Ishida (KO3) were his most recent/high profile ones. There's another 10 KOs there I haven't included.

As far as I'm aware, Mayweather only got 3 KOs, with the majority being UDs. Canelo has 15 KOs, but he's also fought, professionally, 14 more times than GGG. Jacobs had 8 KOs. So, I don't really know what you're saying. Jacobs has about the same number of fights and straight KOs as GGG. Canelo has more, but has fought another 14 times, and Mayweather has practically none.

I know, despite these facts, you're just going to say the opinions I've used are wrong, or the numbers are wrong or whatever. But hopefully I can change your mind, or somebody else's reading this when they're presented with it. Reasonable people still exist!

Comment

Working...
                      X