• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xoahr View Post
    Geale, TKO3, ranked #2 MW The Ring, #5 MW Transnational,
    Lemieux TKO8, ranked #4 MW Transnational,
    Murray, TKO11, ranked #5 MW Transnational,
    Stevens TKO8, ranked #9 MW The Ring,
    Macklin TKO7, ranked #6 MW Transnational.
    Rosado, TKO7 , ranked #9 JMW The Ring, #10 Transnational,
    Proksa, TKO5, ranked #10 MW The Ring, #9 Transnational,

This was their ranking at the time they fought, given either by "The Ring" ****zine, or the Transnational Boxing Rankings list.

You could also add Ishida, who was #11 The Ring at the time of the fight, if you were feeling generous.

Now, this isn't to mitigate the threat Jacobs, BJS and Canelo impose to GGG, but a lot of people forget how decent these fighters records were pre-GGG. Geale beat Adama and Sturm, for example. Murray drew with Sturm. Lemieux dominated Guerrero, who had dominated Quillin, and dominated Rosado and N'dam. People forget this stuff...

I'm not suggesting they're elite fighters, like Canelo, Pacquiao or Mayweather. But they aren't C level veterans, gatekeepers or hopefuls either. They were all viewed as serious prospects and contenders until GGG bashed them in.
    You realise he is just going to say that rankings don't mean a thing right....because I've already gotten that titles don't matter and P4P is made up and bogus. (I agree with this sort of. instead of Bogus I used the words subjective)

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Bull****. The WBC rules put Golovkin in a position to get more than he's worth, 45% of the purses, the purse bids were going to take place next week. Canelo did the right thing by dropping the belt. Now they can negotiate a fair deal.
      right, because obviously GGG will be willing to take less money as Champion than he would have accepted as the challenger.

Good call, dunce. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cody8804 View Post
        He now has accomplished his strange obsession of having all the middleweight belts. Now what? Will he finally go up in weight and try to have some semblance of a small legacy or will it be too late? His legacy will probably be 'the boxer who had the easiest route to unification/ the guy who won most belts on technicalities.' Why is Golovkin obsessed with belts more than doing great things?
        I know it's hard to believe but being an undisputed champion of a division actually used to mean something and put you in the history books... Now all the business men that call themselves fighters couldn't care less about history or prestige, they're just looking for the easiest fight for the most money... Our last PPv star perfected that model...

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Nothing strange there, you just don't know **** about boxing. They asked Porter on a Pbc show a few months back, what's your goal? All the belts, of course.

If he breaks the MW defense record, all by Ko, that's already a nice legacy
          What defense record?? the ones where we count his "regular" title defenses?? even Hopkins record title run is not real..Monzon had 13 LINEAL TITLE DEFENSES and thats the real record

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            right, because obviously GGG will be willing to take less money as Champion than he would have accepted as the challenger.

Good call, dunce. lol
            Golovkin has no leverage now, he has no WBC saying he's entitled to 45%. What's he going to say, i want more money because i have the belt you didn't want?

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              You know it's a truly gay era of boxing when unifying your division is a "strange obsession" and everyone wants you move 2 divisions to fight floyd and ward for pointless "glamour spectacles" because "it would get boxing on TMZ again"

Go ram your dads **** down your throat cody the cum guzzling ******. I bet you love to be spanked.
              people wanted him to fight ward when he was still realistically a 168 fighter. its too late now tho ward unlike ggg knew it was pointless to stay at 168 and instead moved to 175 where he intends to go up in weight even more to fight an even more dangerous fight in kovalev. ggg already missed his true chance to show just how great he is. ward could of easily stayed at 168 and tried to unify the division

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                What defense record?? the ones where we count his "regular" title defenses?? even Hopkins record title run is not real..Monzon had 13 LINEAL TITLE DEFENSES and thats the real record
                The only record people are gonna hear about, just like everyone considers Hopkins the record holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho Puncho View Post
                  I don`t believe that having all the belts is just a kind of obsession for Golovkin. It is more of a necessity for him. What he is doing - he is closing all the escape routes which other fighters may take in order to duck fighting him and still have the champion recognition at MW. When he becomes undisputed MW champion, he will stay in the division doing his mandatories and waiting for Canelo, Andrade, Lara, Charlos, maybe Cotto if he is still around, to move up, while baiting Floyd at 154 and big name fighters at 168.
                  He will move up to 175 eventually, but that would be like 3-5 years from now.
                  So you think GGG will move up to Light Heavyweight for super fights when he's 38-40 years old? I find that highly unlikely. I just hope after he collects all the titles we get even just 2-3 big fights out of GGG before his career is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    people wanted him to fight ward when he was still realistically a 168 fighter. its too late now tho ward unlike ggg knew it was pointless to stay at 168 and instead moved to 175 where he intends to go up in weight even more to fight an even more dangerous fight in kovalev. ggg already missed his true chance to show just how great he is. ward could of easily stayed at 168 and tried to unify the division
                    Way more people wanted him to fight Canelo. Who would have thought this aztec warrior would turn into such a joke so fast. Doubt Ward could have stayed at 168 either. He was struggling to make that, and none of these unifications were available.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoahr View Post
                      Geale, TKO3, ranked #2 MW The Ring, #5 MW Transnational,
                      Lemieux TKO8, ranked #4 MW Transnational,
                      Murray, TKO11, ranked #5 MW Transnational,
                      Stevens TKO8, ranked #9 MW The Ring,
                      Macklin TKO7, ranked #6 MW Transnational.
                      Rosado, TKO7 , ranked #9 JMW The Ring, #10 Transnational,
                      Proksa, TKO5, ranked #10 MW The Ring, #9 Transnational,

This was their ranking at the time they fought, given either by "The Ring" ****zine, or the Transnational Boxing Rankings list.

You could also add Ishida, who was #11 The Ring at the time of the fight, if you were feeling generous.

Now, this isn't to mitigate the threat Jacobs, BJS and Canelo impose to GGG, but a lot of people forget how decent these fighters records were pre-GGG. Geale beat Adama and Sturm, for example. Murray drew with Sturm. Lemieux dominated Guerrero, who had dominated Quillin, and dominated Rosado and N'dam. People forget this stuff...

I'm not suggesting they're elite fighters, like Canelo, Pacquiao or Mayweather. But they aren't C level veterans, gatekeepers or hopefuls either. They were all viewed as serious prospects and contenders until GGG bashed them in.
                      So just to make sure, please answer simple yes or no, you are saying Macklin, proksa, rosado and Stevens are TOP middleweights? Because that's what you said. (Btw you didn't fool me, you mixed and matched from 6 ranking organizations to try and fit your narrative)

Ishida ranked 11 by ring??!! They only rank through ten! Now you are making things up completely

Look at all those tkos. Golovkin can't get beautiful flush kos like Mayweather, Jacobs or Canelo
                      Last edited by Cody8804; 05-21-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X