No announcement yet.

Erislandy Lara vs. Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    David Lemieux, over the course of eight rounds, landed 89 out of 335 punches (in a round-by-round look, ignoring the breakdown of jabs/body shots, you're talking about 10 in 40 landing). Curtis Stevens, in his own eight rounds, landed 97 out of 303 (12 out of 28), landing 74 power shots (unclear of how many of those were body shots).

Erislandy Lara, even in fights that breakdown into dogfights, lands his power shots at a 50% clip, and it's not like Golovkin is or would be a hard guy to hit (both guys have similar heights, likely with similar walkaround weights, but Lara is coming to the fight with 4" of reach and boxing craft).

Gabriel Rosado landed flush shots on Golovkin, shots that were sturdy enough that Golovkin had to stop, reset his feet, and start over. Maybe my eyes are different, but people are putting things on Golovkin that the work has yet to bear out.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...-lara-compubox

28% total shots,22% jabs,37% power shots. That was against a 23 year old canelo who didn't know how to cut off the ring to save his life,had crap stamina,crap defence,and who was hitting much softer than golovkin. I guarantee you that the output and accuracy would be even lower,considering the fact that every time Lara would commit to a straight left,he'd be at risk of taking a bomb to the chin. Lara doesn't hit nearly as hard as Stevens or lemieux,so golovkin would be more that glad to take Lara's pitter patter punches,in order to land on that chin,or tear into his liver. As for Lara's amazing defence,if slow as molasses angulo managed to find his chin twice and make him taste the canvas,im 100% sure that golovkin who is head and shoulders above angulo in every category would be able to finish Lara. I'd actually want this fight to happen,just so I could see who else people will come up with that golovkin is avoiding,right after he knocks Lara all the way back to Cuba.

Comment

• Going with my gut...ggg by tko, but it depends on if ggg is slipping like i suspect he is. I hope I'm wrong, but i think ggg is on the decline.

Comment

• Golovkin knocks Lara out cold while he is sprinting around the ring with tears coming out of his eyes. NSB then makes thread after thread about how Golovkin was exposed and how Lara was giving Golovkin a boxing lesson.

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          Going with my gut...ggg by tko, but it depends on if ggg is slipping like i suspect he is. I hope I'm wrong, but i think ggg is on the decline.
          Yeah cause all recent signs point to that lol.....

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
            Floyd is a 39 year old retired ww, move on damn..you dont want GGG to fight Lara or Ward but keep mentioning a 39 year old ww
            Floyd had the chance to fight Pacquiao six to seven years ago and yet he turned it down just like he turned down the fight with Khan in favour of Berto, turned down the fight with Sergio Martinez at 154lbs for a fight against someone like Robert Guerrero.

It's more Floyd that likes to mention GGG name as he tends to do that with popular people because he doesn't have much of a fan base he has to pay people come to see his fights yet guys like Ricky Hatton can get people coming at their own expense even GGG has fans coming to fights at their own expense...

Too bad you think age is an excuse even though Wladimir Klitschko and Vitali Klitschko never used their age as an excuse whilst they remained champions fighting the top ten guys not ducking unlike the guy you will defend tooth and nail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Floyd is a welterweight who has spent his last ten years as a pro at 147lbs, never weighing more than 152lbs for a fight in his life.

Gennady Golovkin has not only spent his entire professional career at 160lbs, he spent his last three years as an amateur basically fighting at that weight, and has set his own limit at a weight where Floyd has never actually stepped onto a scale for.

Is Golovkin, after basically 15 years at middleweight, willing to come down to 152 for Floyd? If not, stfu
              Oh yeah he is too small for 154 that's why he needed a 750ml Illegal IV in his own home?
              Or was that to mask his PED use or... or... ??????????

Can say what you want but there is no PED signs with GGG so for me that means I have to rate him higher than Mayweather, god only knows how long that pathetic crook has been cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...-lara-compubox

28% total shots,22% jabs,37% power shots. That was against a 23 year old canelo who didn't know how to cut off the ring to save his life,had crap stamina,crap defence,and who was hitting much softer than golovkin. I guarantee you that the output and accuracy would be even lower,considering the fact that every time Lara would commit to a straight left,he'd be at risk of taking a bomb to the chin. Lara doesn't hit nearly as hard as Stevens or lemieux,so golovkin would be more that glad to take Lara's pitter patter punches,in order to land on that chin,or tear into his liver. As for Lara's amazing defence,if slow as molasses angulo managed to find his chin twice and make him taste the canvas,im 100% sure that golovkin who is head and shoulders above angulo in every category would be able to finish Lara. I'd actually want this fight to happen,just so I could see who else people will come up with that golovkin is avoiding,right after he knocks Lara all the way back to Cuba.
                I disagree, but I doubt that K2 ever makes the fight (even if they can't get Alvarez, Saunders, or Jacobs) so we're simply wishing.

Golovkin will fight another soft touch, look like a monster, and hope that they don't get exposed before the payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Yeah cause all recent signs point to that lol.....
                  He didn't look sharp in the wade fight at all.

Comment

• Trash fight, Lara will shoe up with track shoes

Comment

• i like lara. he is a good proud humble champ, but i think ggg is all wrong. i think ggg pwns lara very hard. bad fight for lara. but i like his confidence. only if quacknelo had half of lara's confidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X