Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara did 300,000 😂😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I am not saying they should lose the same amount. I am saying its not right to suggest Lara is pricing himself out or not serious about the fight because he asked for that purse.

Lara brings nothing but his reputation. He is more highly regarded then every possible GGG opponent other than Canelo (assuming Jacobs is not available).

Hopefully the sides can make an agreement for a reasonable amount. Lara will have to accept probably half or 60% of the $3 mil.
      Assuming that they make that fight and GGG wins...

Then they will say: "he fought Canelo's (smaller) leftovers, doe"... "Lara is a bum -- Angulo floored him twice, doe"... "fight Ward, doe!"...

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Not a blue chance in hell.

Lara asking for 3M is laughable. He's the unknown, fan-less fighter who just got paid $750K for being on a big showtime triple header. Lara doesn't deserve anywhere close to 3M. If he insists on the 3M, he's another Peter "May-Pac type of money" Quillin.
        Quillin was one of the initial starting lineups for the PBC structure, I highly doubt Haymon even allowed any type of negotiations vs a possible Golovkin bout, which in all honesty, I doubt even negotiations were even visioned from both parties. Haymon during that time as well would carefully call the shot for his fighter and consult in purses if any...

I agree with you that Lara wouldn't get 3million ONLY because he represents 154 on the negotiating table, whereas BJS represents K2 and Golovkin's goal for collecting belts at 160, plus BJS has the UK fanbase. All that has nothing to do with Lara being a superior boxer than BJS.

The real problem is that Martirosyan is just one of those unsung heroes that fans casually kick under the bus, especially when there are high hopes for him to beat Lara. Vanes is a really talented boxer. His ring work is ace. The second win now for Lara SHOULD technically boost his prestige again. Vanes even acknowledged defeat the second time around in good sportsmanship. Regardless of Vanes not liking his style since he too has seen it all, you have to give it your best to beat Lara's game. This is something boxer's will acknowledge at the end of the day. "running" is just another casual excuse for the difficulty in closing the ring.

THAT IS WHY everybody wants Lara vs Golovkin. People don't realize how crucial this bout is. Both fighters win just by accepting the bout.

Comment

SHouldn't be an issue-thats the money K2 offered to BJS right?
          Lara has a 160 belt and brings UK money too?? Who knew.......

Comment

• This poll looking awfully like Golovkin/Lemieux

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Assuming that they make that fight and GGG wins...

Then they will say: "he fought Canelo's (smaller) leftovers, doe"... "Lara is a bum -- Angulo floored him twice, doe"... "fight Ward, doe!"...
              NSB has a long history of ex post facto perspectives once their opinions are proven wrong. Posters have the right to post whatever they want, no matter how ******ed or stupid. That doesn't mean the fight shouldn't happen.

GGG most likely will win. However, Lara could make GGG have to deal with things the other guys he fought weren't capable of doing.

Comment

j0zef I agree with you that Lara doesn't deserve $3 mil. BJS didn't either. If Lara asks for the same amount K2 offered BJS, its hard to get mad at Lara and suggest he is not serious about fighting.
                At least BJS is more known than Lara and would sell more than Lara. Lara needs to take 1 million and fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  Lara has a 160 belt and brings UK money too?? Who knew.......
                  This is a ridiculous post. BJS belt and being British wasn't going to make enough to cover that purse and you know it. They want the belt, so they were willing to lose cool, we get that. Lara is an opponent that brings far more credibility than the WBO belt holder . His request isn't realistic but K2 set the bar so high and all he did was ask for the same amount K2 was already willing to give up.

Its posts like this from posters like you that makes people react so viciously to GGG.

Comment

NSB has a long history of ex post facto perspectives once their opinions are proven wrong. Posters have the right to post whatever they want, no matter how ******ed or stupid. That doesn't mean the fight shouldn't happen.

GGG most likely will win. However, Lara could make GGG have to deal with things the other guys he fought weren't capable of doing.
                    Martin Murray destroys Lara I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      At least BJS is more known than Lara and would sell more than Lara. Lara needs to take 1 million and fight.
                      I disagree he is more known but I do agree Lara is going to have to accept much less than $3 mil to make this fight. Unless the Russian billionaires that Duva knows come in with a huge offer. LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X