Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has shown us nothing we haven't seen before in a boxing ring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• his father had the same technique but floyd has mastered it

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
      This so called boxing genius has invented nothing. Not the roll, not the shell, not the pull counter and on and on. These moves were on display way way before Floyd was born.

Floyd's a master of most but creator of none.

Geniuses invent new things. Amazing things.

Enlighten me Flo mo's what are these great things this amazing boxing genius Floyd Mayweather invented?

I fail to see such innovations.
      I remember an interview when he claimed he invented the jab to the body...so...

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Seriously you are gonna have to show proof of that. Because that, in itself, is stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          Seriously you are gonna have to show proof of that. Because that, in itself, is stupid.
          It's not my fault your memory or your boxing knowledge is limited. Google it or gtfo.

Comment

• I think floyd master the hold and hug tactics. running tactics and most of all cherry picking of opponents tactic.

Comment

• Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
              Having a healthy Diet and Being supreme athlete are not new things invented by either.

http://golf-newz.com/tiger-effect

great article if you like golf. it's about tiger's effect on the game of golf in several dimensions.

you'll have to dig for the support for my argument that tiger increased the level of fitness and athleticism in golf.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                So Pac thinks Floyds an innovating Genius?

I doubt it.
                pacquiao got hit with with **** he didn't see before by Floyd

Comment

• Floyd was the most brilliant boxer of his era.

op is too dumb to recognize genius. Under his poor vision the entire era wasn't smart

Comment

• Very hard to "invent" new moves in a sport that has a 125+ year history, the sport has been evolving since the late 1800s, what makes Floyd great is his selection and application of moves that pefectly fits his natural preference and physical attributes, this of course combined with his mental strength and ability to stay focused and even become more focused down the stretch is what made him great.

The mastery of one of the biggest weapon sets in the history of the sport (defensive+offensive weapons) is greatness, not bull****ting yourself once ou feel u r too old (accumulation of injuries) to do certain things and being wise and doing the modifications to your style that you have to do to win is professionalism at it's best and thus greatness in my eyes, but to each his own.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      I'd like to see this interview. Plus, you can't argue that he's one of the very few fighters that perfected that rather risky punch and used it to set up a ton of other punches in a brilliant fashion, I never saw fighters throw that punch that consistently and winning rounds with that punch alone the way Floyd did.

The jab to the body got him the best 2 KO wins of his career against Corrales and Hatton, the man's ability to change levels up and down, down and up is remarkable.

Last edited by Dip_Slide; 05-21-2016, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X