Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has shown us nothing we haven't seen before in a boxing ring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
    I'd like to see this interview. Plus, you can't argue that he's one of the very few fighters that perfected that rather risky punch and used it to set up a ton of other punches in a brilliant fashion, I never saw fighters throw that punch that consistently and winning rounds with that punch alone the way Floyd did.

The jab to the body got him the best 2 KO wins of his career against Corrales and Hatton, the man's ability to change levels up and down, down and up is remarkable.

Look for it.

And I agree, it is a good punch for him but a 6'3'' Ali and 5'10'' Leonard both did it better, with quicker hands and better outcomes. Not to mention Robinson too.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Look for it.

And I agree, it is a good punch for him but a 6'3'' Ali and 5'10'' Leonard both did it better, with quicker hands and better outcomes. Not to mention Robinson too.
      Quicker hands and better outcomes.

YDKSAB!

Have a good one.

Comment

Quicker hands and better outcomes.

YDKSAB!

Have a good one.
        Are you in all honestly telling me Floyd has quicker hands than Ali, Leonard AND Robinson? Heck, I didn't even bother mentioning Pep (whose body jab wasn't as powerful as Floyds but was far quicker).

Jeez, if this is the level we're stooping too, this place is getting out of hand as a "boxing" forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
          Who said he invented anything??? the man just mastered great technique
          I'm with Larry on this one

Comment

Are you in all honestly telling me Floyd has quicker hands than Ali, Leonard AND Robinson? Heck, I didn't even bother mentioning Pep (whose body jab wasn't as powerful as Floyds but was far quicker).

Jeez, if this is the level we're stooping too, this place is getting out of hand as a "boxing" forum.
            Who said anything about handspeed? We were talking about the jab to the body and him utilizing it better and more consistently than almost everyone in the history of the game, find me a video that proves otherwise and then we can debate.

Comment

Who said anything about handspeed? We were talking about the jab to the body and him utilizing it better and more consistently than almost everyone in the history of the game, find me a video that proves otherwise and then we can debate.
              Your quote exactly: "Quicker hands and better outcomes. YDKSAB!"

Implying that me stating Ali, Leonard and Robinson using a quicker jab to the body with better outcomes was not as good as Mayweather's version.

I don't need to find you any videos. If you haven't seen the entirety of Leonard's career already, with almost every fight on tape, the speed of his combinations, movements from head to body and back to head again, including multiple jabs to the body, then you shouldn't even be a boxing fan. Period.

Now stop embarrassing yourself, you're about to dig yourself a deep hole from which you can not come back. End it here.

Comment

It's not my fault your memory or your boxing knowledge is limited. Google it or gtfo.
                Yea more like you are making **** up. Never seen that interview and I've never ever heard Floyd say he invented any of his moves.

Comment

• Au contraire, I think Mayweather is the first fighter in history to get so many people to dedicate their lives to hating his image.

At the end of the day, he ran through his haters' champions, one by one, and he made it look easy. 49 and 0; 100s of millions in the bank; All Time Great.

Comment

• I agree with you that it is hard to hold his competition up to great fighters of the past, but Floyd was something different then we have ever seen before and as a fan of the sport you have to appreciate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                      This so called boxing genius has invented nothing. Not the roll, not the shell, not the pull counter and on and on. These moves were on display way way before Floyd was born.

Floyd's a master of most but creator of none.

Geniuses invent new things. Amazing things.

Enlighten me Flo mo's what are these great things this amazing boxing genius Floyd Mayweather invented?

I fail to see such innovations.
                      As long as you and other posters keep making useless mayweather thread he will be a boxing genius....people like you are The reason Mayweather makes 9 figures for his boring fights, with so much going on in boxing why talk about mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                      X