Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has shown us nothing we haven't seen before in a boxing ring.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    Floyd the fighter is top 40 fighter alltime.
    Yes there were plenty of fighters using the moves floyd uses today.

They also had stiffer competition and fought more often with same day weigh ins.

Floyd the business man is one of the best ever.I always saw through the BS , while most casuals always wanted to see mike tyson come out of retirement and fight floyd.

Little floyd made a lot of money suckering casual fans. Floyd was great before the oscar fight. True boxing fans know oscar was past it and a partime fighter/singer .

After oscar floyd fought the lowest risk highest reward fights vs a bunch past it or overated fighters with solid to good names
    With tons of stipulations. He even got caught taking an illegal iv the same way lance armstrong had for years before the biggest money generating fight vs a shot pac who marquez iced.

Now this mccgregor deal is garbage.

Great technique ,
    benifited from social media,
    great calculated matchmaking ,

what a stupid cuck. 24 hour weigh ins benefit who? not floyd but his opponents. Floyd is fighting much larger men because of the current weigh in system. The older style weigh ins would BENEFIT floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
      Well what modern day fighter has "invented" something? Ward? No Hopkins? No Pacquiao? No Martinez? Rigo? Cotto? Canelo? Marquez? Bradley?

The sport has been around for more then 200 years. I'm pretty sure there is a patent on all the punches...

Waiting for someone to reveal their dragon punch.. stupid thread is stupid
      Wilder is close to pulling off a tornado punch. I little heavier ped usage and he's spinning himself 360. Nah, thinking about it now Texas Tornado from WWF patented that punch in 1989.

Comment

• So have you fanboys of Floyd been educated here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
          An athlete becomes great by mastering his craft / winning titles

Not by inventing stuff lmaoo
          he was talking about being genius not being great

Comment

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            Please list all the techniques that were "invented" by other boxers of this generation.
            Pac invented 10 punch combos LOL

Comment

• Floyd invented

tap tap hug

tap tap headlock

tap run hug

hug tap run

run duck hug

elbow forearm defense

run run and run some more combos.

Comment

• pacquiao disagrees with you

Comment

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
                  Floyd invented

tap tap hug

tap tap headlock

tap run hug

hug tap run

run duck hug

elbow forearm defense

run run and run some more combos.
                  Good shout but you forgot to mix a complaint to the ref in there

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    pacquiao disagrees with you
                    So Pac thinks Floyds an innovating Genius?

I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      tiger woods was the first golfer to train, eat, live like a real pro athlete, from what i gather. revolutionized the sport in that sense. ever notice how a lot of those guys have big shoulders now, and that they're all quite trim?

and jordan was just a supremely gifted athlete with totally unmatched competitiveness by all accounts. never had him stick out his tounge at me, obviously, btu that's just going on the testimony of teammates, opponents, and coaches.
                      Having a healthy Diet and Being supreme athlete are not new things invented by either.

Comment

Working...
                      X