Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Floyd fighting Conor McGregor for 50 legitimate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    its about as legitimate as his fight vs the big show and his alleged 20 million pay day.

Comment

The fight may not mean much in the grand scheme of things,

But the fact is, this is the 2 biggest PPv combat sport stars in the world

$$$$$$ talks....

It will be a boxing match, and would probably do so where between 2.4-4 million buys

Floyd would get 100 million plus,,, Conor would get 40-75 million for being a sacrificial lamb.. That's more money than all the other ufc fighters make in a year

Conor should take the boxing fight and the cash, get embarrassed and retire filthy rich ala buster douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Should the Patriots get credit for a win over a soccer team?
        Well no off course. That' the bottom line.

He chose a circus show rather than a real 50 fight, since the only financially capable to pay him that much money Pacquiao of Conor. He chose Conor, because he knows a 2nd time with Pacquiao will be the end of him. He rather choose the path of less resistance

# cherry pickin' to the last drop
        Last edited by Spoon23; 05-17-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          If a boxing commission sanctions it I don't see why it wouldn't count as a legit boxing win. I mean RJJ just fought a MMA guy with no career boxing matches. There was talk of RJJ fighting Anderson Silva at one time (Silva does have 5 or 6 pro fights iirc, but to fight a HOFer is still a mismatch). And I also believe Jeff Lacy was going to fight Nick Diaz at one point. This has all been discussed before & never have I seen it mentioned that the fight shouldn't count towards the boxers pro record.

Can you criticize Floyd's record if he were to fight Conor? Absolutely. People criticize his record now lol. Why would anything change?

Personally I feel if this fight were to get made to reach max potential it'd need to be some hybrid type match. I'd speculate for example it'd be boxing rules with MMA gloves or something like that perhaps. I doubt that'd be agreed to with Mayweather's hand issues, but just throwing that out for example. And in that case this wouldn't even be an actual pro boxing match & like BKB fights wouldn't play into Floyd being 50-0.
          In other words its a nonsensical fight for 50. Floyd's résumé is already riddled with those and add Conor for his 50 is laughable.

If you want to see a real fight that is fair between the 2. If this truly is a hybrid fight. It has 2 be a mix of boxing and MMA rules. That legitimizes the fight. Not for 50 but for bragging rights.

As you have mentioned, gloves. It should be MMA gloves since it at least show a trade off in boxing rules, since they are only going for striking game. In a cage, not in a ring. You can pin someone on the cage.

No ground game. No kicking, basically striking with MMA gloves. That to me will be enough to balance this rodeo.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
            Well no off course. That' the bottom line.

He chose a circus show rather than a real 50 fight that, since the only financially capable to pay him that much money Pacquiao of Conor. He chose Conor, because he knows a 2nd time with Pacquiao will be the end of him. He rather choose the path of less resistance

# cherry pickin' to the last drop
            Ha ha Floyd took the whole tree and reamed you with it , when you stand on top like he does then things get done his way thats what bosses do , and he is now just playing the game reaming all the losers some more lol , man has really got it wired .

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              No it's not. And it would be embarrassing for a guy with 0 pro fights to come in to pro boxing and fight best fighter of the last 25 years and go 12 rounds. That's like a moral victory. Also the expectation that McGregor will suck bad is so high, that if he is remotely close to competitive even in spots, that would also make Floyd and boxing look bad. Floyd would absolutely have to KO this guy, no ifs ands or buts, and he will not do that. If Floyd decides to dance around the ring versus an MMA fighter like he does to legit boxers, that would also look terrible

The only thing that would look good out of this is Floyd's bank account
              Good point.

But did you realize there is another fighter who can give him that kind of money. A rematch with Pacquiao. That is a legitimate win if he does and the amount off money it commands, but we all know he rather not. He rather fight someone easy. I wonder why...
              Last edited by Spoon23; 05-17-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Ha ha Floyd took the whole tree and reamed you with it , when you stand on top like he does then things get done his way thats what bosses do , and he is now just playing the game reaming all the losers some more lol , man has really got it wired .
                Go suck Floyd's divk for 50. That would be glorious not only to your kind, but to see you've reached biatch slave status, and will be an achievement altogether hahahaha

# dang poll is so lopsided again lol

# where's your vote brotha' ? Oh, I expect you to pay for this circus since that's what Floyd diehards do. Get suckered into paying lame fights.
                Last edited by Spoon23; 05-17-2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

It should be an exhibition match. Letting McGregor fight Mayweather is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    Go suck Floyd's divk for 50. That would be glorious not only to your kind, but to see you've reached biatch slave status, and will be an achievement altogether hahahaha

# dang poll is so lopsided again lol
                    Youre too much fanboy to get it lol ,,,,,

Floyd could fight Humpty Dumpty the last of the Cuban Eskimos and so long as he keeps winning he just rakes in squillions of dollars .

His legacy is engraved in stone already all he got to do is keep winning and rub it in their faces , no matter how many lame excuses the losers will come up with the record book says they couldnt beat him ,,,,,

He fcked you all the way because not only is the guy an ATG for real he is also super smart in marketing and capitalizing himself , the guy is a genius in being successful its not easy to do in any arena , and the bottom line is while you are spending your life hating on him he takes that hate and converts it to money , what is really at play here at the lowest denominator is he was born a winner you were born a loser both are great at it .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Youre too much fanboy to get it lol ,,,,,

Floyd could fight Humpty Dumpty the last of the Cuban Eskimos and so long as he keeps winning he just rakes in squillions of dollars .

His legacy is engraved in stone already all he got to do is keep winning and rub it in their faces , no matter how many lames excuses the losers will come up with the record book says they couldnt beat him ,,,,,

He fcked you all the way because not only is the guy an ATG for real he is also super smart in marketing and capitalizing himself , the guy is a genius in being successful its not easy to do in any arena , and the bottom line is while you are spending your life hating on him he takes that hate and converts it to money , what is really at play here at the lowest denominator is he was born a winner you were born a loser both are great at it .
                      Lol I'm the fanboy

Hey, still waiting for you vote? Don't you forget

# I wish Floyd gives you some of those PPV prize money that he has won. Since, money not legacy is what's important to you lmao
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 05-17-2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X