Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people say floyd was "caught" doing peds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
    Are you for real?

We're not talking about a drunken idiot.

We're talking about a finely tuned athlete going into the most lucrative fight of his career.

Don't you think the circumstances are slightly different?

Ha!

WADA classes an IV of that magnitude as a medical emergency needing hospital treatment.

Now why don't you explain to me why Floyd was so severely dehydrated that he couldn't take on water, and he needed that emergency IV?
    1. YOU stated that an IV of 750ml required a hospital stay. That's absurd when I can prove even a "drunken idiot" can be prescribed more than that even in the comfort of their own home.

2. You don't know anything about anything, I see. WADA does NOT say that an IV of that magnitude necessitates a medical emergency requiring hospital treatment. You should really try to do some research before you make yourself look foolish.

Medical best practice treatment
    Legitimate medical indications for IV infusions are well documented and are most commonly associated with either medical emergencies (retroactive TUE) or in-patient care.

When the clinical criteria for the use of IV infusions are in a situation other than “hospital admissions or clinical investigations,” then good medical practice must ensure that:
    1. A clear, well-justified diagnosis has been established.
    2. No permitted alternative treatment exists.
    3. This treatment will not enhance performance other than to return the athlete to a normal
    state of health.
    4. The treatment is administered by qualified medical personnel in an appropriate medical
    setting.
    5. Adequate medical records of the treatment are maintained

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/upl...s_infusion.pdf

Now, would you like to tell me what "most commonly" means? How about what "other than hospital admissions" means, huh?

Comment

You are only quoting ONE org.

You are only concentrating on one section of the jigsaw.

If you're not going to answer my questions without copy and pasting the same quotes, then don't bother.
      They are the same rules as WADA word for word.

Here it is on WADA's site.

"If a Prohibited Substance is administered via IV infusion or injection a TUE
      application must be submitted for the Prohibited Substance regardless of
      whether the infusion is less than 50 mL or the setting/circumstances under
      which it is administered. In situations of medical emergency or clinical time
      constraints, a retroactive TUE application is acceptable (ISTUE 2015 article 4.3)."

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws....ons_4.0_en.pdf

Jog on moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Of that magnitude, huh? Was waiting for you to step up and show some proof that 750ml of IV fluid requires hospitalization. I stated that more than that is used to treat a hangover, and you said it made you laugh.

I challenged you to call me out on it, but you bowed out. What's up? Are you ready to admit you have no idea what you are talking about, or what?
        I said according to WADA's rules, an IV is for a medical emergency.

Are you going to tell me why Floyd was so dehydrated before the fight, that he couldn't take on water and needed that IV?

What did he do that made him so dehydrated so close to the fight?

Comment

I said according to WADA's rules, an IV is for a medical emergency.

Are you going to tell me why Floyd was so dehydrated before the fight, that he couldn't take on water and needed that IV?

What did he do that made him so dehydrated so close to the fight?
          Already answered you. WADA does not say this has to be a medical emergency. You are flat out wrong.

As for your questions, you should ask his physician who had to be present and sign off on the TUE form about his condition. And you should also be aware that there are conditions that would make an IV more appropriate than drinking water. Unless you can prove that he didn't have any of those conditions, you don't have much to go on, now do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
            A lot of misinformation being thrown around on both sides I must admit.

USADA didn't issue an IV. the paramedic did.

NSAC is a governing body with their own rules and has nothing to do with WADA.

WADA makes and enforces rules that ADOs must follow in order to be considered a signatory.

USADA is a WADA signatory and must adhere to WADA code.

In addition WADA advises athletes they must comply with both sets of rules.

Now let's get back on track.
            There you go.

It's a right mess.

The Org's weren't on the same page as each other until well after the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
              I don't have a background in the medical field. If you do your factual insight would be much appreciated.

Explain how someone can rehydrate effectively 50ml per 6 hours.
              An average person would rehydrate by consuming water.

WADA's rules are that a fighter can only be given an IV of 50ml, per 6 hours.

If that isn't sufficient to the patient, they would then need hospital treatment.

It was reported that Floyd took 250ml, then a further 500ml.

That is against WADA's rules.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why Floyd was so dehydrated after the weigh-in, that he needed that 750ml.

Why was he so dehydrated?

Why couldn't he have taken on water?

When has Floyd ever being severely dehydrated after a weigh-in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Do you have medical training? Were you in a position to assess Mayweathers condition at the time? If not then why do you think you're in any position to judge if Mayweather was or wasn't dehydrated enough to require an IV? It's been over a year and nobody has been able to make a case that Mayweather broke any rules. There's no case to be answered if there was Pacquiao and Arum would have been taking legal action by now.
                Ha!

You can't even answer a simple question.

Tell me why you think he needed that IV after the weigh-in?

Why?

Why was he so severely dehydrated, that his body couldn't take on board any water, and the IV was required?

Is the question too hard for you?

Are you telling me that he had to kill himself to hit the weigh-in?

Are you telling me he worked out hard after the weigh-in?

I'll be waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Yet Adrien Broner was recently unable to drop a fraction of a pound and Chris Algieri, a nutritionist, failed to make weight against Manny. Mighty funny.

Point is you don't know how the situation works. But even then it doesn't matter. USADA admitted they administered the IV, so it's all moot anyway.
                  What was Broner's weight fight night? it wasn't 3 pounds above the weigh in assh0le. He probably had already cut 10 or 15 pounds already. Floyd did not have any signs of dehydration when he was examinated by doctors at the weigh in and all the basic signals were ok. He even signed that he wasn't feeling dehydration or anything.

USADA informed the TUE 21 days after it happened? why? so weird.

DELUSIONAL

Comment

An average person would rehydrate by consuming water.

WADA's rules are that a fighter can only be given an IV of 50ml, per 6 hours.

If that isn't sufficient to the patient, they would then need hospital treatment.

It was reported that Floyd took 250ml, then a further 500ml.

That is against WADA's rules.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why Floyd was so dehydrated after the weigh-in, that he needed that 750ml.

Why was he so dehydrated?

Why couldn't he have taken on water?

When has Floyd ever being severely dehydrated after a weigh-in?
                    USADA follow WADA's rules

Here it is on WADA's site.

"If a Prohibited Substance is administered via IV infusion or injection a TUE
                    application must be submitted for the Prohibited Substance regardless of
                    whether the infusion is less than 50 mL or the setting/circumstances under
                    which it is administered. In situations of medical emergency or clinical time
                    constraints, a retroactive TUE application is acceptable (ISTUE 2015 article 4.3)."

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws....ons_4.0_en.pdf

Mayweather followed the WADA/USADA's rules and IV's aren't prohibited under NSAC. Mayweather did nothing wrong.

Comment

There you go.

It's a right mess.

The Org's weren't on the same page as each other until well after the event.
                      This is a fair assessment.

I honestly think NSAC was not fully aware of what it means for USADA to be a WADA signatory as opposed to an organization that mimics WADA code.

Comment

Working...
                      X