Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What besides power has you sold on Artur Betebiev, i just dont see it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    bro.....read slowly...what does he have other than power that has people on this site excited about him...thats all i asked.

its not that complex.
    You're right. He won 2 world gold medals with power alone.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      you still didnt tell me what you think stands out to you, besides power.

The amatuers mean nothing. He is a pro man. You know there have been gold medallists in the olympics and world championships that didnt amount to nothing as pros.

stay on topic, answer the question and move on. If you dont see anything that jumps out at you besides power, then say so.

Im not insulting the man, if you need to, read other posts in this thread and I acknowledge he has talent, potential but fine-tuning....sheesh. Get out your feelings

Comment

He has good hand speed, power & accuracy. I didn't see many looping shots at all in the highlight reel. Most of his punches seemed nice and compact to me. That said, he's being handled very carefully. We should see more of him soon. Hopefully, bigger-named opponents won't shy away from him, or we'll have another case of NSB posters saying a dangerous fighter only fights bums.

Comment

Stevenson is getting old, I feel like Al is gonna throw Beterbiev with him.. so he has a new champion.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            you still didnt tell me what you think stands out to you, besides power.

The amatuers mean nothing. He is a pro man. You know there have been gold medallists in the olympics and world championships that didnt amount to nothing as pros.

stay on topic, answer the question and move on. If you dont see anything that jumps out at you besides power, then say so.

Im not insulting the man, if you need to, read other posts in this thread and I acknowledge he has talent, potential but fine-tuning....sheesh. Get out your feelings
            The only one who keeps talking about feelings is you. I said I won't go into a long argument.

It takes more than power to be successful in amateurs over long period of time. If you don't see it, look again.

Comment

3 gold medals... and he lost to Usyk at the 2012 Olympics (at the heavyweight)...

Comment

Im not overly sold on the guy

He's huge and literally boils down to 175. I doubt he'll be making it for much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                  If Andre Ward were to beat him, I bet you'd make a thread praising him as something special.

My question is why the hell hasn't he fought in almost a year?

Comment

The only one who keeps talking about feelings is you. I said I won't go into a long argument.

It takes more than power to be successful in amateurs over long period of time. If you don't see it, look again.
                    ok....i'll ask you again....what do YOU see

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

My question is why the hell hasn't he fought in almost a year?
                      because Kovalev offered him a fight (funny because Beterbiev talked **** about Kovalev) . Beterbiev's side said no, they want 1 more fight.

then he goes off and gets a shoulder injury, doesn't fight for an entire year.

jokes though, he was injured.. I just hope he won't duck Kovalev after his next fight

Comment

Working...
                      X