Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What besides power has you sold on Artur Betebiev, i just dont see it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Once he beats a top ten guy, then I'll take him a bit more seriously. 175 is a top heavy weight class. the lower top ten isnt all that but seeing him face better opposition would give me a better idea where he stands.

I was shocked he walked through Cloud like that until I saw previous fights and how Cloud took that beating from Stevenson. IMO Kov is the best puncher at the weight, Stevenson hits the hardest. taking shots from stevenson for more than 3 rounds is bad for your health.

Oh I agree that he has much to prove and I don't really see anything special about the guy. Was just pointing out that he just has'nt had to show anything other than what he has up to this point.

Comment

Some of you people have to stop being so offended over things like this.
      Maybe people simply like to watch him? People are allowed to have different tastes.
      Beterbiev is a huge puncher and he's vulnerable, which makes him a must watch. He's going to have some fun fights with Kovalev, Stevenson and a few of the up and comers at 175.
      This isn't some plot against Ward, like some people like to think. Believe me, 175 would be just fine with or without Ward.

I've been watching Artur since like 07 and he's entertaining. He's not the most technical, but he's had a ton of success with his style.
      It is what it is. If you don't like him cool, but people have to stop being offended that people like punchers.
      Some people can a enjoy multiple styles.
      Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 05-13-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
        Oh I agree that he has much to prove and I don't really see anything special about the guy. Was just pointing out that he just has'nt had to show anything other than what he has up to this point.
        I feel you.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
          Some of you people have to stop being so offended over things like this.
          Maybe people simply like to watch him? People are allowed to have different tastes.
          Beterbiev is a huge puncher and he's vulnerable, which makes him a must watch. He's going to have some fun fights with Kovalev, Stevenson and a few of the up and comers at 175.
          This isn't some plot against Ward, like some people like to think. Believe me, 175 would be just fine with or without Ward.

I've been watching Artur since like 07 and he's entertaining. He's not the most technical, but he's had a ton of success with his style.
          It is what it is. If you don't like him cool, but people have to stop being offended that people like punchers.
          Some people can a enjoy multiple styles.
          .....who brought up Ward? Who is offended?

I just ask what ELSE do you see about him that shows he has potential besides power? Power is entertaining but you need more than power to be a successful pro. People talk about him a lot and I was never high on him. The past few days I watched all his fights and I saw a good fighter with potential. Not some killer who is world class. He has a lot of work to do, especially on defense, punching technique, and changing the speed of shots.

Comment

He hits hard, has fairly quick hands and looks determined to end guys. That intensity will always win fans. People also tend to forget he beat Cloud and Campillo pretty easily, with less than 10 fights under his belt.

How good is he really? I don't know.

Is he ready for Stev and Kov? No.

Comment

yeah, he seems to be all power, but power can be the ultimate neutralizer if he lands

Comment

I dont see anything special
                9 fights, in pro boxing terms he's still a baby. Ko'd Cloud in his 6th fight, and Campillo 8th. In terms of opponents faced compared to matches fought, hes fought good opposition!

Only person with a better record for fights fought vs high ranked ops is Lomachenko.

So he's a dam good prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                  yeah, he seems to be all power, but power can be the ultimate neutralizer if he lands
                  the % of landing the ko punch lowers when you step up competition. Happened to every fighter in history.

DreamerUSA said it best. We'll know whats up when he has to show more than power

Comment

the % of landing the ko punch lowers when you step up competition. Happened to every fighter in history.

DreamerUSA said it best. We'll know whats up when he has to show more than power
                    Yep, I agree with both statements

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
                      9 fights, in pro boxing terms he's still a baby. Ko'd Cloud in his 6th fight, and Campillo 8th. In terms of opponents faced compared to matches fought, hes fought good opposition!

Only person with a better record for fights fought vs high ranked ops is Lomachenko.

So he's a dam good prospect.
                      of course he has potential.

I didnt watch much of him until recently. The hype he has had on this site the last few months got me interested in checking him out.

As far as how some posters talk, I expected to see this killer. Some one special, A lot of it sems based off amatuer wins. I just saw a good prospect plying his trade, not the next great champ. If im right...cool...if im wrong cool....as of now i just dont see what all the hoopla was about

Comment

Working...
                      X