Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What besides power has you sold on Artur Betebiev, i just dont see it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Andre Ward were to beat him, I bet you'd make a thread praising him as something special.

Comment

He's a technician, I like his subtle head movement, sharp jab and short right hand that labs before his opponents get the chance to.

Knows when to put his punches together and either go to the body or use his punches from different angles. Good footwork as well. Hew isn't flat footed like other heavy handed fighters

Comment

I'm not gonna go into a long debate, but you can't say that "he has a strong amateur career" AND say "he only has power".

It doesn't work that way.

Comment

1. Why are we acting like Beterbiev has hype? He has none. Nobody knows who he is besides the most hardcore of hardcore boxing fans.

2. Fighters that had astounding amateur success with a pro-style usually end up being very good pros. This guy isn't someone like Matt Korobov, who has an amateur style.

3. The Eastern Euro/Central Asian "craze" is real. That is where much of the new talent is coming from. These guys simply have better teaching/better funded youth programs, more discipline.

4. Beterbiev does have several flaws and he is already in his 30s. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses against a good fighter, but again, the so called "hype" is exaggerated by the thread starter. Most people don't know who the guy is.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
            1. Why are we acting like Beterbiev has hype? He has none. Nobody knows who he is besides the most hardcore of hardcore boxing fans.

2. Fighters that had astounding amateur success with a pro-style usually end up being very good pros. This guy isn't someone like Matt Korobov, who has an amateur style.

3. The Eastern Euro/Central Asian "craze" is real. That is where much of the new talent is coming from. These guys simply have better teaching/better funded youth programs, more discipline.

4. Beterbiev does have several flaws and he is already in his 30s. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses against a good fighter, but again, the so called "hype" is exaggerated by the thread starter. Most people don't know who the guy is.

der....do you see anything special...der....simple question

why are people so emotional on this site, People on this site make him out to be the next big thing at 175 and I dont see so I asked you guys opnion. nothing more or less
            Last edited by therealpugilist; 05-13-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

He definitely has the power to knockout anyone in the division.. he is a bit robotic, I agree. Kovalev would eat him alive.. that win he got on Kovalev in the amateurs was LONG ago (kovalev is a different animal now) and apparently it was a robbery, very close.

The real dude I'm excited to see grow into a champion is Gvozdyk, this dude is REAL!

Comment

I'm with Dreamer. He hasn't really needed to do a whole lot yet. He's like a prospect 20 fights into his career that is just plowing thru guys more or less & has barely had to be on defense. But Beterbiev has gotten to top 5ish contender status doing that.

I am curious what happens when a guy doesn't fall down & can present more of a challenge then previous opponents cuz that'll be a moment of truth for Beterbiev & his fans alike. I honestly think its possible he can Tyson the division as of now, but as with most things in boxing it can change on a dime. I'll be excitedly watching it all go down whatever the case.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  of course he has potential.

I didnt watch much of him until recently. The hype he has had on this site the last few months got me interested in checking him out.

As far as how some posters talk, I expected to see this killer. Some one special, A lot of it sems based off amatuer wins. I just saw a good prospect plying his trade, not the next great champ. If im right...cool...if im wrong cool....as of now i just dont see what all the hoopla was about

Its a combination of an impressive amatuer career with wins over: Ismail Sillakh Egor Mekhontsev & Sergey Kovalev

Hes also fought a heavyweight, and beat everyone in front of him bar Usyk twice.

Add that to a rather impressive start to the pro game. And yes obv hardcore fans a rightly pointing out, that this dude is to watch out for.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    I'm not gonna go into a long debate, but you can't say that "he has a strong amateur career" AND say "he only has power".

It doesn't work that way.
                    bro.....read slowly...what does he have other than power that has people on this site excited about him...thats all i asked.

its not that complex.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      der....do you see anything special...der....simple question

why are people so emotional on this site
                      I'm not emotional about this at all. I've only seen 3 of his fights. Physically, he is special...not only powerful but extremely strong. Like I said, I see some real flaws too.

I just don't understand why everyone who is up and coming or even guys already at a championship level are labeled as a hypejob on this board? Most of them turn out to be very good, a couple flop (usually not even talented related).

Boxing is a sport that needs the public to get excited about the fighters. Hype is good for the sport...but I don't even see much hype at all for Beterbiev...Hopefully, he gets some real hype soon.

Idiots in the recent past have labeled Spence, Golovkin, Crawford, and others as "hypejobs" when its clear that these guys are excellent fighters just by watching them for a few minutes. I just don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X