Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo/Khan: HBO not releasing "awful" numbers. Glaser: 322k is the number! PPV Dead?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    In your sig, is Brook even getting hit on the chin? Looks like a temple shot.
    yup temple shot

which isnt a good sign because schenko doesn't hit hard

Comment

I expected more, I really did. But 600k or there abouts is not a bad number.

People are just so used to Floyd and Pacquaio hitting 1 million+ regularly from 2007-2013 that anything less than a million people see as a failure.

People just don't realise how big of stars Floyd and Pac were.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        In your sig, is Brook even getting hit on the chin? Looks like a temple shot.
        Shots behind the ear wobble you more than chin shots.

Comment

I have stopped taking these dumb numbers seriously, especially the ones that says it did one million buys. Espinoza stopped releasing numbers since the Floyd/Guerrero.

It's mind-boggling to me that they don't have any way of proving them in this day and age. They're all silly guesses. You gotta be an idiot to believe any of these numbers. Times are changing.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I expected more, I really did. But 600k or there abouts is not a bad number.

People are just so used to Floyd and Pacquaio hitting 1 million+ regularly from 2007-2013 that anything less than a million people see as a failure.

People just don't realise how big of stars Floyd and Pac were.

We have to realize Canelo doesn't have the names that Pac and Floyd had to help carry fights. They weren't making huge numbers otherwise either. If Canelo hit 600k that's extremely impressive. It means he didn't need Oscar to go above 300k. Think about the fights that Floyd and Pac did big numbers in.

Margarito, Shane Mosley, Oscar, JMM (like 30 times with pac and once with floyd) and Cotto.

Pac and Floyd are already established fighters who've been around forever and unless they have a good b side they're doing less than what Canelo seems to be doing at 25. 600k and Pac or Floyd can't reach that fighting the Khans of the world. 600k seems a little high in perspective. It has to be lower imo. Mayweather and Pac in their retirement fights got nothing near?

I wonder what the numbers are actually like. If he's selling anywhere near what Pac and Floyd are doing with similar opponents then he's a mega boxing star.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              We have to realize Canelo doesn't have the names that Pac and Floyd had to help carry fights. They weren't making huge numbers otherwise either. If Canelo hit 600k that's extremely impressive. It means he didn't need Oscar to go above 300k. Think about the fights that Floyd and Pac did big numbers in.

Margarito, Shane Mosley, Oscar, JMM (like 30 times with pac and once with floyd) and Cotto.

Pac and Floyd are already established fighters who've been around forever and unless they have a good b side they're doing less than what Canelo seems to be doing at 25. 600k and Pac or Floyd can't reach that fighting the Khans of the world. 600k seems a little high in perspective. It has to be lower imo. Mayweather and Pac in their retirement fights got nothing near?

I wonder what the numbers are actually like. If he's selling anywhere near what Pac and Floyd are doing with similar opponents then he's a mega boxing star.
              He's by far the biggest star in boxing world th Floyd and Manny gone.... Just not hitting those huge numbers yet. I think his fight with GGG does 1 million plus. There's not a bigger fight in boxing to be made and its 2 guys in their primes not 2 geezers with 5 years of excuses for not fighting each other.

Comment

It seems like every UFC card gets 1M

Let's be honest, outside of hardcore and English boxing fans, Amir Khan isn't known well

Comment

If they sold over 300k it's OK...
                  If they sold over 500k it's great...
                  ... I fact Canelo fought a chinny stupid guy two divisions below him...
                  The numbers are more than OK anyway.

(If the fight sold only 300k+ we will soon find out in case Canelo signs the GGG fight easily...)

Comment

How much did Mosley-Mayorga II do?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                      How much did Mosley-Mayorga II do?
                      I think 12

Comment

Working...
                      X