Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo/Khan: HBO not releasing "awful" numbers. Glaser: 322k is the number! PPV Dead?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the numbers are good. Not everybody can be a crossover star like Mayweather

Comment

How Glaser gets his numbers

Glaser puts up a poll on his FB page and based on that estimate how well a ppv does.

Comment

Boxing is officially DEAD.

Comment

Its good that these ppv's are bombing, its going to force these promoters to put in the best with the best or fans wont pay. Take the UFC for example, everything is a ppv with them but they do well because its a consistency of #1 vs the best available top 5 opponent and its usually the #2 guy. But if boxing is going to continue the Canelo vs Khan type mismatches then boxing will be put into a recession.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Glaser puts up a poll on his FB page and based on that estimate how well a ppv does.

WOW and some people really thought this idiot had inside sources with cable provides for his fraud figures he was pulling out his rear. Now we find out it's nothing more then his estimate based on how many people on Facebook told him they were going to buy the fight. That's really scientific LMAO

Comment

Looks like canelo needs GGG after all.

Comment

When the numbers are good they release QUICKLY! When they're not that great they stall and then eventually decide not to release them at all. Both HBO and Showtime does this!

I could careless, that is the Promoters job to worry about PPV Sales, they invested their money into the event so yes of course they want to not only get their money back but a profit as well. That being said I do think Boxing will continue to decline regardless of the Big Match Ups that is offered, Casuals seem to have complete Cut Boxing Off all together

Need fighters to get out and market themselves better to casuals instead of expecting them to go find them on HBO, Showtime or PBC

Broner is a idiots but at least he is out making headlines and marketing himself and doing interviews with different outlets and not just with the Boxing Media. Not saying to do what he does but interviews with different media outlets would HELP the sport.

GGG on a Hip Hop Radio Station in Los Angeles is also good marketing and that is why GGG is becoming a big Draw in Los Angeles because K2 does a great job marketing him
                Last edited by sicko; 05-12-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                  Looks like canelo needs GGG after all.
                  I think its clear they need to fight each other since they get so much media attention.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I think its clear they need to fight each other since they get so much media attention.
                    Exactly if canelo doesnt fight GGG the PPV's in his next fight will be even worse probably.

Comment

People is not stupid, boxing fans do not buy bull****.

Make Canelo-GGG then HBO will have 1,3M.

Comment

Working...
                      X