Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Drills Khan With Brutal One-Punch Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what Oscar is going to say about tonight. Probably praise Khan more than Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
      People always underestimate the effect of body punches, but to me the huge bodypunches that Canelo landed on the left side of Khan's body changed the whole fight. Khan got more hesitant, he lost his momentum right there and had less speed/stamina, his head defence got more sloppy and Alvarez just set up that monster head punch.

People who say it was a 5-0 fight for Khan simply doesnt understand this sport, Alvarez was taking total control of this fight after the first 3 rounds.

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
      1000000000%

This fight really exposes who actually doesn't know **** about boxing.
      russTBE said 5-0 lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Don't see how anyone had that fight 4-1 or 5-0 for Khan. You had to completely ignore Canelo's body work. Maybe it was the expectation that any and everytime Canelo touched Khan, people thought Khan would show a visable reaction. The only clear round Khan won was the first. And to be honest, Canelo was actually outboxing Khan at the time of the stoppage. This was far from a situation where Khan was outclassing Canelo and simply got caught. He was tactically broken down, and eventually disposed of.
        Again, anyone who's ever been in a real fight or even sparred knows this. Unfortunately, I don't think that counts for many on these forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          I think people realize that Canelo can fight , GGG is a very tough fight and I think we will see more of Genadys skills in that one , people think he can only punch the guy is a great boxer also .
          GGG is a fantastic fighter.

The power is great, but it's his footwork and set-up that allow the power to be so damaging. Against a counter puncher with good movement, a good chin and good power in Canelo...it's great.

Comment

• I had it 3-2 Canelo. Doesn't matter though. Now can A Mere Con go away? Just not a technically sound fighter and he got broken down and KOed by a better boxer. Khan's speed is overrated and Canelo has him timed after two rounds, from then on the KO was inevitable.

Canelo looked really good as a boxer tonight. He has enough power to KO anyone below 168. Come get some GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
              russTBE said 5-0 lmao
              Well, he must be high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Look, Canelo is a MW. 155 is MW. Plus, he rehydrated up to 175, more than the best MW in the world. So khan did jump up two divisions.

They were invited, but Canelo still ain't fighting GGG.
                Invited to stand there and say nothing?

After team ggg disrespectful move tonight, we'll be seeing that fight in September.

Comment

Don't see how anyone had that fight 4-1 or 5-0 for Khan. You had to completely ignore Canelo's body work. Maybe it was the expectation that any and everytime Canelo touched Khan, people thought Khan would show a visable reaction. The only clear round Khan won was the first. And to be honest, Canelo was actually outboxing Khan at the time of the stoppage. This was far from a situation where Khan was outclassing Canelo and simply got caught. He was tactically broken down, and eventually disposed of.
                  EXACTLY. After the first 2 rounds Khan was getting timed and hurt by anything Canelo landed. 3 big shots that changed the fight (the left that made Khan do the stanky leg, the hard right to the body and shook Khan's legs and the left that cut Khan's eye). Canelo had the momentum and was breaking Khan down before the knockout.

Comment

I had it 3-2 Khan with Canelo winning 4 and 5. He wasn't doing that much those rounds he did land some body shots but not many. He was the bigger man so even though he didn't land that many it looked it was enough to slow Khan down since he didn't move as well since. Round 6 was all Canelo he started to land more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
                      I was rooting for Khan in this fight.

Rest in Peace.
                      Originally posted by Mr_Forte View Post
                      "I fight for honor not belts" he said….every promotional poster….every photo op….every presser….on the way to the ring….in the ring….after the fight draped over himself was the green strap.
                      Originally posted by Green Hornet View Post
                      Khan got the big paycheck...but what a price he paid for it. His life just got cut short by 2 years.
                      Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                      This is messed up but have you noticed his hand always goes limp right before he goes down?
                      Originally posted by IboxSouthpaw View Post
                      Khan was playing with his life every time he threw more than two punches

BWaHaaHahahaaHAHaaHA!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X