Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Drills Khan With Brutal One-Punch Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I think about it, the more I think Khan may not go back down to 147, but might retire altogether. A devastating KO like that is not something you can easily recover from, especially mentally. He might not be quite the same fighter ever again.

He's already made a huge amount of money, enough to last the entire lifetimes of himself and his family. He was talking about becoming a promoter, possibly in MMA. He certainly knows how to talk up fights, so he could become a promoter like ODLH.

Comment

• Pinche Danny garcia vs rod salka II

Comment

• All of canelo´s haters are crying. He won beautifully, idiots. Khan was even taller tan canelo, just lighter, so??? It was a good fight, better tan mos of Mayweather´s fights.

Comment

• Malignaggi's breakdown:

PAULIE MALIGNAGGI REACTS TO CANELO'S STUNNING KNOCKOUT OF AMIR KHAN - POST FIGHT / CANELO v KHAN

Comment

• Originally posted by aAgger View Post
            The more I think about it, the more I think Khan may not go back down to 147, but might retire altogether. A devastating KO like that is not something you can easily recover from, especially mentally. He might not be quite the same fighter ever again.

He's already made a huge amount of money, enough to last the entire lifetimes of himself and his family. He was talking about becoming a promoter, possibly in MMA. He certainly knows how to talk up fights, so he could become a promoter like ODLH.
            I think the Prescott and Garcia KOs were more devastating mentally than this one. Khan has huge self confidence and came to win. But fightera are human and realistic. Whether he'll admit it or not, he knew what happen to him tonight was a great possibility. You're fighting a jr middleweight, or middleweight depending on who you ask, that can crack. You've been KO'd and hurt several timea by lightweights and jr welterweights. Khan is shocked or questioning himself and his ability to take a punch right now. That wasn't the case with Prescott and Garcia. Fights he was expected to win easily.

Comment

• As expected. Canelo on the charge, Amir on the run. Canelo punched Amirs body to stop his chicken run. GGG you're next boi

Comment

• Originally posted by Street View Post
                As expected. Canelo on the charge, Amir on the run. Canelo punched Amirs body to stop his chicken run. GGG you're next boi
                People kill me when they question Canelo's power. But simple question if he has no power then why do so many fighters run from him or stay on their bike all fight long when they face him? And why do the ones who stand and trade or fight in spots all get Knocked Out? His power is legit and that's why fighters choose that strategy to try and survive.

Comment

• Khan as Ive said pathetic !

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    The body work is what did it. I told my buddy around the 3rd or 4th that I noticed Khan was dropping his right hand everytime Canelo would feint with the hook. I thought the finish would come from a left hook. Because Khan was clearly trying to protect his body every time Canelo let his hands go.
                    After seeing Khan be visibly wobbled by body shots in the 3rd, I figured that Alvarez would start mixing in an upstairs attack in the 4th, but he kept the body work going much longer than I expected. At the end of the 5th I was thinking that he was going to land something clean to Khan's body and drop him, and then finish him off when he got back up during the 6th or 7th. Instead of that, he loaded up the widowmaker and put Khan to sleep. Super wicked shot.

Comment

• They can't even let Canelo enjoy his victory. Even when he gets sensational victories (Angelo, Kirkland, Khan) he cannot win with the public or the media. GGG fights Willie Monroe and Dominic Wade and no one says **** but Canelo gets crucified. He's fought the best in the world. Legit 154 pounders (Angulo, Lara, Cotto, Trout) all he's ever done is fight whoever is in front of him. I guess when you reach the stratosphere like he has the hate comes with the territory.

Comment

Working...
                      X