Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Hints at Comeback, Reveals Talks With CBS/SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with DSG fight only if thats not his last fight....if not he should stay retired

Comment

If Mayweather comes back, I hope he fights on primetime CBS instead of SHO PPV. Long shot, but it would be great for the sport.

With that said, there are a lot of PBC WWs that Mayweather can fight; Garcia, Khan, Thurman-Porter winner. All would be big fights.

Comment

Lmao this thread is hilarious. People that don't like Floyd couldn't wait for a thread like this to pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          If Mayweather comes back, I hope he fights on primetime CBS instead of SHO PPV. Long shot, but it would be great for the sport.

With that said, there are a lot of PBC WWs that Mayweather can fight; Garcia, Khan, Thurman-Porter winner. All would be big fights.
          It wouldn't be on Primetime CBS.

First off, the return of Floyd, would do about 2mill PPV assuming he fights Garcia. Let's say 60-70 SD to HD PPV options. That's 9 digit revenue. The CBS free air platform doesn't benefit Floyd unless profits aren't a priority to him.

Then MGM gate sales...

PBC benefits from it regardless if he goes Showtime since its owned by CBS. Will Floyd agree to brand his name with PBC I am not even sure, most likely.

If Nelo beats Lil'G by KO I bet May vs Alvarez 2 would do 4 mill+ PPV, as Floyd attempts a 6 Weight title like Oscar...

Comment

anyone with a brain knew he wasnt gonna stay retired.

Comment

if thurman beats porter

then thurman should be chosen over garcia

but cherrypicker will more than likley pick garcia

health comes first

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                Floyd, gets held to an extremely high standard. Floyd says he is TBE, but I am older than most posters, my "ever" spans a long time. GGG is too big, he should fight Ward and show his "Mexican Style" Floyd is a great fighter, but I have seen other great fighters.

My 75 & 80 year old uncles have many questions for Floyd.
                They are no hip hop generation fans.

Only PAC t@rds don't acknowledge his skills(in slow motion) maybe he was too good for his era, or picked his opponents. I lean to best of his era. But not TBE!
                TBE refers to his self confidence in his fight scope. It's not meant to be taken literally. That's the problem - people get bent out of shape over a marketing slogan.

I can find plenty of evidence that Muhammad Ali wasn't The "World's" Greatest. Especially since he only ever fought in one weight class. It's just a moniker.

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
                The only two fights that makes sense if he does come out of retirement.
                Pacquiao rematch makes no sense, Marquez has permanently burned the nightmare of the counter right into Manny's mind. He's going to remain tentative forever. Floyd is WAY faster than Bradley and more than capable of landing that shot at will. Same outcome.

Golovkin fight makes no sense until Golovkin's beaten someone worth a damn. Which means, accept Caneloweight and beat Canelo, or move up temp and beat Ward. Either would nearly guarantee a Floyd fight. If Floyd faced G before G had beaten anyone, and schools him, people will just say "Floyd fought a bum, G hadn't fought anybody..."

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  It wouldn't be on Primetime CBS.

First off, the return of Floyd, would do about 2mill PPV assuming he fights Garcia. Let's say 60-70 SD to HD PPV options. That's 9 digit revenue. The CBS free air platform doesn't benefit Floyd unless profits aren't a priority to him.
                  No, it wouldn't. If he comes back in September, the retirement will have lasted just 1 year. Boxers have longer layoffs between fights these days. Second of all, Mayweather's ability to achieve PPV buys rested solely on 2 reasons, hype from a potential Pacquiao fight and consumers wanting to see him lose. The Pacquiao fight was horrid and no one will believe Garcia, Khan, or Thurman can beat him if Pacquiao couldn't come close. I think 800-900K is the most Mayweather can do these days.

Now if he crosses the bridge to HBO and fights either Canelo or Golovkin, those fights have the ability to break 1M and maybe push 1.5M buys, but the days of Mayweather or Pacquiao getting 1M just by fighting are over. And they have no one to blame but themselves after playing patty cake for 12 rounds.

Comment

Garcia vs Floyd reminds me of Marquez vs Floyd. No disrespect to either fighter but there is nothing that they do that Floyd can't do better.

There's just no exciting fights for Floyd right now. Brook is kinda intriguing because he has a good jab and Spence could be interesting down the line but he doesn't have the experience or hype to warrant a Floyd fight at this point.

Comment

Canelo vs Floyd 2.. Sep 16. Why not?

Comment

Working...
                      X