Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Hints at Comeback, Reveals Talks With CBS/SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think CBS will be too amiable to the idea of giving Floyd a truckload of money after he's already fought Pacquiao. I think his drawing stock has plummeted and I'm sure they're well aware of that.

Having said that, I'm sure Floyd will continue to fight so long as they give him any sort of money.

Comment

Hopefully he fights GGG. GGG said he'd go down to 154 for him, where he was the champion. Not sure why he wants GGG to go up 2 divisions for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
        The most ******ed **** posted in this thread
        I find your reply funny, since you blew it out of context and proceeded to make yourself look ignorant.

My message was referring to Bradley, not Mayweather.

Anyone who thinks Tim Bradley can beat Danny Garcia is delusional. Garcia has a higher ring IQ than Tim, and I say that as a fan. It's fact though. Bradley makes too many mistakes in the ring to beat Garcia.

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        He never fights anyone that gets knocked out in their last fight which is whats happening next week .

Isn't that exactly what Floyd did by facing Berto doe?
        Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 05-01-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Pacquiao rematch makes no sense, Marquez has permanently burned the nightmare of the counter right into Manny's mind. He's going to remain tentative forever. Floyd is WAY faster than Bradley and more than capable of landing that shot at will. Same outcome.
          ...No he isn't. Floyd can't even pop a grape with those shots he land and even in the fight with Pacquiao, his best shots were nothing compared to Manny's more powerful shots.

Golovkin fight makes no sense until Golovkin's beaten someone worth a damn. Which means, accept Caneloweight and beat Canelo, or move up temp and beat Ward. Either would nearly guarantee a Floyd fight. If Floyd faced G before G had beaten anyone, and schools him, people will just say "Floyd fought a bum, G hadn't fought anybody..."
          Considering Golovkin would be the the biggest opponent Floyd has ever fought and one who is legitimately feared by other top fighters with a resume that actually backs it up, a Floyd win over Golovkin, as unlikely as it is, would be the best win in his entire career and people would have to give him props for that.

Of course, that would only happen if Floyd doesn't stain his own win, as a chance of beating a 100% Golovkin is almost non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
            ...No he isn't. Floyd can't even pop a grape with those shots he land and even in the fight with Pacquiao, his best shots were nothing compared to Manny's more powerful shots.
            What is it with you and Skip Bayless focusing on power all the damn time?

All the power in the world means NOTHING if you can't connect. Didn't the gif in my sig teach you anything?

Considering Golovkin would be the the biggest opponent Floyd has ever fought and one who is legitimately feared by other top fighters with a resume that actually backs it up...
            LMAO!!! Did you just seriously say that Golovkin's resume backs something up???

a Floyd win over Golovkin, as unlikely as it is, would be the best win in his entire career and people would have to give him props for that.
            No it wouldn't, and no they wouldn't.

People said the same thing about Oscar. No props.
            Same thing about Canelo. No props.
            Same thing about Cotto. No props.
            Same thing about Manny. No props.

People talk all this garbage before Floyd fights about how it'd be his "best win" and he'd get "props", then Floyd schools them and they make excuses.

Floyd should not waste his time.

Comment

What is it with you and Skip Bayless focusing on power all the damn time?

All the power in the world means NOTHING if you can't connect. Didn't the gif in my sig teach you anything?
              Except Pacquiao WAS connecting. How else do you think Floyd was getting knocked on the ropes?

LMAO!!! Did you just seriously say that Golovkin's resume backs something up???
              Yes. His resume is like that because other fighters duck him. People know it's not the other way around.

No it wouldn't, and no they wouldn't.

People said the same thing about Oscar. No props.
              Same thing about Canelo. No props.
              Same thing about Cotto. No props.
              Same thing about Manny. No props.

People talk all this garbage before Floyd fights about how it'd be his "best win" and he'd get "props", then Floyd schools them and they make excuses.

Floyd should not waste his time.
              1. A not so impressive performance in a fight that could have gone either way. That was no schooling.
              2. He actually does get some props but he could have gotten more if he didn't stain his own win with that weight issue
              3. Don't remember anybody saying this about the Cotto fight.
              4. For what? Cheating against an injured opponent that he still couldn't beat? LOL

If Floyd can beat a prime Golovkin fair and square without staining his own win in anyway, then yeah, it would be the biggest win in his career. But of course, he has almost no chance of winning that way and he knows it. Everybody knows it.
              Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 05-03-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Except Pacquiao WAS connecting. How else do you think Floyd was getting knocked on the ropes?
                Again, Skip Bayless logic.

Floyd himself gave Manny rounds 4 and 6. I gave Manny 4 total rounds. You can't win a fight that way dude. Stop focusing on two rounds of activity when the other 8, Manny was either swinging at air or not at all.

Yes. His resume is like that because other fighters duck him. People know it's not the other way around.
                Lara's been calling GGG out for what seems like years. Duck.
                Ward called GGG out. Duck.
                Eubank said he'd fight GGG on his terms. Ducked him.

GGG refuses Caneloweight which would literally make him a superstar overnight and put the doubts aside. No, he'd rather face bums and/or a welterweight? Come on man. The dude's not getting any younger.

4. For what? Cheating against an injured opponent that he still couldn't beat? LOL
                Now you're making yourself look ignorant. Here:

This video has almost every single bit of action, both Manny and Floyd. Dull downtime cut out.

If you seriously watch that snip and believe Manny won that fight, you DKSAB, I'm sorry.

Comment

Revelated, for all i care you can be the last revelation of Christ, or an old kodak film. Gayweather doesn't want and won't get in the ring with Golovkin cause he knows he would not last 12 rounds.

Not the referee , nor the judges, the IV, the pillow gloves, nothing would save him in that fight.

Comment

Please not Garcia- total snorefest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Dude if you look at your sig Cotto lands that jab right when clotted jumped that's why it knocked him down.
                      Makes sense. Looked like he was leaping in to throw his own shot. Never a good thing to run into a shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X