No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Mexican fans in LA told me they want GGG to beat Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Damn... imagine what will happen when Canela vacates the belt.

no poll these same ass weak mexicans and lets see how many of them can actually speak spanish...

Comment

Where were those fans for the GGG vs Lemiuex PPV? Lol fake ass fickle fans, hype beasts. Maybe they were part of the 97k squad, you never know.

How come Canelo is out here selling 350k on PPV with no names like Lara and Angulo?

Canelo's fanbase is legit. GGG's got a fanbase but not a fanbase who's going to actually support his PPV's vs no names like Canelo's fanbase.

Comment

Canelo/GBP will see this as huge success. Some Americans and African Americans alike hated Floyd and wanted him to lose, and rooted for his rivals, even if they were foreign. Mayweather is the richest boxer in history. The top 3 live gate records are owned by Floyd fights, 4th is by Lennox-Holyfield, then Floyd gets 5th and 6th with the two Maidana fights. The top 3 PPV records are also Floyd fights.

Canelo is doing something right if he's being hated by his own people.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Canelo/GBP will see this as huge success. Some Americans and African Americans alike hated Floyd and wanted him to lose, and rooted for his rivals, even if they were foreign. Mayweather is the richest boxer in history. The top 3 live gate records are owned by Floyd fights, 4th is by Lennox-Holyfield, then Floyd gets 5th and 6th with the two Maidana fights. The top 3 PPV records are also Floyd fights.

Canelo is doing something right if he's being hated by his own people.
          I'm not sure that's how it works in Mexico. It's a more traditional boxing culture

Comment

Just because someone is ______ doesn't mean all _______ will support him.

Some Black Americans didn't like Floyd and rooted against him.

But it's safe to say that the vast majority of Mexicans/Mexican-Americans will root for Canelo when he fights.

GGG's fanbase is small compared to Canelo's, no matter what HBO/ESPN say.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Mexicans do not fight nor think alike just because they are Mexicans. That Dan would tweet this as if its some sort of news is disgraceful.

It's like he thinks all Mexicans either like Canelo or would root for him against GGG?
              Fat Dan is making shyt up. They were probably Salvadorans or people from Nicaragua. Those people hate Mexicans 'cause Mexican ese's make them pay taxes in L.A.

No real Mexican would root for an Asian.

Comment

Originally posted by pvj View Post
                U have lost ur mind! Outside of a selective few non prs, everyone knows cotto lost. I frequent an African American based gym multiple times a week, the majority there went for cotto, but most didn't think he'd win, and nearly all thought he lost.

I was at the ggg fight, a lot of mexican Americans in attendance......most mexican fans don't even speak english....dans tweet is just that.
                You're speaking from the perspective of the states, which is exactly what I was referencing. PR's media saw the fight as controversial. And, being particularly surprising, Mexico's media saw it as an outright robbery.

Sure, you can perhaps attach some of that response to the broadcasts; HBO viewed it in favor of Canelo, and the Mexican media saw Cotto dominant, but what's undeniable is the controversy surrounding that fight. Beyond who saw whom winning, those scorecards were atrocious. Cotto wasn't going to win that fight unless he knocked Canelo out. They clearly didn't judge it fairly.

No matter what, at least a rematch is warranted--even Canelo agrees on that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Mar.GOD.rito- View Post
                  Fat Dan is making shyt up. They were probably Salvadorans or people from Nicaragua. Those people hate Mexicans 'cause Mexican ese's make them pay taxes in L.A.

No real Mexican would root for an Asian.
                  Pac was very well liked, of course Mex fans rooted for their legends. Canelos no legend, looks like he may be a bit of a fraud. GGG is more Mexican style anyway. Like Marg said, Canelo let down Mexico with his meek effort vs Floyd, but he's not Mexican style, more of a "boxer"

Comment

Canelo just became a star because Mexico was in bad need for a fighter to follow. Chavez Jr is a lazy fraud who smokes weed every day and even that bum had a huge following until he totally screwed over his own career.

Canelo is a weird looking ginger so he got put on that throne as a teenager already and spoon-fed a career. Does he have any great wins? Does he really have any dominating victories over solid opponents that he didnt outweigh by a ton? I scored the Lara fight a draw or even 7:5 for Lara so that is definetely not a decisive win. Cotto looked tiny compared to Canelo and Cotto is ooooooold and frail.

Against Floyd he tried to box and just failed miserably.

It is pretty clear that alot of Mexicans will support GGG.

Comment

I was at the fight in LA. Even I noticed a lot of the Mexicans there (and there was a lot) were GGG fans.

Of course, that doesn't mean Mexicans in general will support him over Canelo. Hell no, they won't. The ones in Mexico will cheer on GGG for the vast majority, easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X