Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo-GGG Needs Marinating To Be Boxing's Biggest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what GB means by marinate is "we are waiting on GGG to get older, slower, less powerful pretty much passed his prime to fight him" all I know is that if Canelo gets stripped or vacates rather than fight GGG! mexico will clown him NO MERCY! Zurdo would become the next Mex SuperStar!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      May and Pac moved up 5 and 7 divisions respectively to get the big fights, so yes, he should build himself up to fight bigger guys. All the other greats did it, Oscar moved up six, Bernard Hopkins moved up two freakin divisions, from middleweight to light heavy, Pernell Whitaker hell even Broner is a four division champ.

Why should your man be exempt from that standard? Is it perhaps because deep down you know he aint good enough to do it?

And before you accuse me of defending the catchweight king, no he is an even bigger ***** than GGG, but they're both *******.
      Golovkin's 34. Everyone you mentioned except B-Hop were little & young, so they had room to grow. Furthermore, their former divisions weren't hot, that's why they moved up. I can see Golovkin maybe moving up one or two classes, after he cleans out MW as he wishes to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

5lbs is gonna cost GGG a payday of at LEAST $20,000,000++

EVERYONE else from 140-168 is willing to fight Canelo at 155 but not GGG.

Are you serious right now?

.................................................. .................................................. .

Comment

The fight has to happen next. Marinating=You're afraid Canelo gets beat down. I don't even know if Canelo is afraid to fight Golovkin, but Oscar definitely is.

Well, hey. I guess Golovkin can pick up the WBC title and then hopefully Jacobs and Saunders will fight him. At least they will come in at 160. Well, if they will actually do it.

And if not...how about Andy Lee? That's a fun fight and I'm pretty sure the Irishman will fight anybody. I don't know. This whole situation is getting tiring and I'm just a fan. Ridiculous.

Comment

Coward ****...

Drop that belt.

Wonder how Canelo dropping the belt and ducking Gennady is going to go over?

Honestly if he would have dropped it right after the Cotto fight I wouldn't have cared...but instead he chose to be another a55h0le who is just keeping a belt away from the true 160 King.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              The Caneloweight division is great news for SWWs.

They can now fight other SWWs for world titles at MW while weighing in just 1lb heavier than usual. For most of them, the extra lb leeway on weight is a bonus, not a handicap!

Different story for a natural MW though. He has the same job making 160 as a SWW has making 154.

Asking him to cut another 5lbs on top of that in no way compares to giving a SWW a pound leeway on his usual weight.

And if you want to bring it all down to money ... sure, Canelo at 155 would be a big payday for Golovkin. But if he accepted it, came in drained and lost his titles, that's 3/4 years of future big paydays, maybe even bigger than Canelo, flushed down the drain.

Canelo is young enough to take a gamble on weight, by fighting GGG at the sanctioned MW limit, and come back again if it goes wrong.

If GGG takes that gamble and it doesn't work out, he's never going to get back to where he is now. At 34 yo, he has one chance and one chance only to really make it big.
              And yet GGG is willing to go to 154, not 155, for Floyd Mayweather. If Floyd is worth the gamble, then so is Canelo! There are no "future big paydays" without Canelo!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                If Canelo vs Cotto 2 happens in September it WON'T be a WBC MW title fight.
                Let's hope Sulaiman finally lives up to his words and makes it so.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  And yet GGG is willing to go to 154, not 155, for Floyd Mayweather. If Floyd is worth the gamble, then so is Canelo! There are no "future big paydays" without Canelo!
                  Another stupidity which gets ventilated each time around.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    Another stupidity which gets ventilated each time around.
                    Please elaborate on what you consider "stupidity."

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Please elaborate on what you consider "stupidity."
                      Floyd a legit smaller, and cannot be expected to go up in weight again. There's no mandate either, so the B sider needs to concede on weight. Canelo is mw lineal champ, heavier than Ggg fight night, and has Ggg as his mando. Pretty big difference. How many times you need to be told before it sinks in?

Comment

Working...
                      X