Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrera x2, Morales x3, Marquez x4, Bradley x3...is what we should be talking about.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrera x2, Morales x3, Marquez x4, Bradley x3...is what we should be talking about.

Come on! Some of you guys are pathetic. Pay your respects to an absolutely remarkable career. You still haven't got over this Mayweather BS? Manny fought wars against future HOFers and is a boxing icon.

We should be rejoicing in a remarkable career. Fans in other sports don't get this petty with this stuff. People are thankful that they are watching Messi and Ronaldo in the same era and realise that they are seeing something special, they don't waste their entire lives trying to take away from one of their achievements to boost the other one up. Tennis fans don't do that with Nadal and Federer, F1 fans don't do it with Hamilton and Vettel, Kobe and Lebron to a certain extent...could go on and on. Do fans in those sports debate and compare? Absolutely! But they don't go to these lengths to prove wrong or right. I am telling you, unless we are very lucky it will be a long time until another Mayweather or Pacquiao comes along, and for us to have them in the same era and fight each other (albeit too late) was pretty remarkable to have two guys on that level, a whole level above almost everyone else.

The Ward's Crawford's Kovalev's GGG's are great, but they are not these two guys, and its irritating that so many of you don't realise how lucky you are to have watched these two and in my case watched one of them in the flesh (Floyd) Lots of you guys spent the last 5 years wasting your time and energy tearing the other one down and now they are both retired, it still isn't enough? Unbelievable.

Yeah, I wish we could move on. The fight happened, one is retired, the other probably just had his last fight. The least we can do is acknowledge how freaking great Mayweather and Pacquiao are. You don't have to like either guy to admit that much.

Comment

Pacquiao KING of pointless rematches.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        Pacquiao KING of pointless rematches.
        Absolute muppet. You are exactly what I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          Fans in other sports don't get this petty with this stuff.
          Idk about all this. I think there are plenty of fans in all sports who derive their enjoyment of a sport off of ****ting on or fanboying certain teams/athletes. I think it might feel worse in boxing cuz you are ****ting on or fanboying one specific guy often instead of a whole team where the love or hate is spread around more, but it for sure exists & it widely exists.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Absolute muppet. You are exactly what I am talking about.
            Barrera 2, Morales 3, Bradley 3. All pointless, am i wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Yeah, I wish we could move on. The fight happened, one is retired, the other probably just had his last fight. The least we can do is acknowledge how freaking great Mayweather and Pacquiao are. You don't have to like either guy to admit that much.
              Yeah you would think they would have got it out of their system. Considering it started in 2008-9 and the fight has happened.

It is just disrespectful and extremely dull at this point. Sometimes it seems everyone here wants to discuss everything but boxing.

Comment

If we can get rid of, and I'm not gonna name them but you can at least count them on one hand, if we can get rid of some of these posters it'd make that much of a difference. People shouldn't be allowed to spam the same stuff and continuously bump their threads. It's obvious who they are too so I don't understand why nothing has been done.

Comment

Bradley 3 was a pointless rematch but yes the man has had a remarkable career and is an ATG. but remember ur on boxingscene, a place where his fans pretty much ruined everything n made it into what we see today. I think the backlash is more at them than anything. outside of some of his fans, arum, and the excuses after his losses... Pac man should not be hated on and I give him props!

Comment

F.cking agree 1000000%!

Comment

Working...
                    X