Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrera x2, Morales x3, Marquez x4, Bradley x3...is what we should be talking about.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    If we can get rid of, and I'm not gonna name them but you can at least count them on one hand, if we can get rid of some of these posters it'd make that much of a difference. People shouldn't be allowed to spam the same stuff and continuously bump their threads. It's obvious who they are too so I don't understand why nothing has been done.

i'd like to be mod for a day...there will be casualties on both sides

Comment

Agreed on all on all points OP

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        Barrera 2, Morales 3, Bradley 3. All pointless, am i wrong?
        Yes in all 3 cases people wanted to see the fight. You haven't been around that long so I don't suspect you would know what was going on or being said back then. In the Barrera case, people said Barrera had an off night and his training in Big Bear hadn't been ideal and even though he was past his best, there were still plenty of people who thought he could outbox Pac and take a decision considering he had just boxed very competitively with Marquez, but the opposite happened.

The second Morales fight was competitive and again people still believed he could turn back the clock and pull it off, plus they were at 1-1.

Lots of people picking Tim for last weekend...LOTS. I thought if Bradley stuck to boxing like he did in the second half of the first fight he could pull off a decision (I was not alone in this theory), that with the fact that Pac has been on a steady decline and was perceived to have less left in the tank made that an impressive W and an exclamation mark on a remarkable career. In all cases the rematches were maybe not the sexiest match out there, but they all were justified and the demand from the fans was there.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
          Bradley 3 was a pointless rematch but yes the man has had a remarkable career and is an ATG. but remember ur on boxingscene, a place where his fans pretty much ruined everything n made it into what we see today. I think the backlash is more at them than anything. outside of some of his fans, arum, and the excuses after his losses... Pac man should not be hated on and I give him props!
          if your gonna post and blame the other group why even post at all???

if my memory serves me right, i think it was floyd and his fans who trashed pac first, peds accusation cough cough.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Yes in all 3 cases people wanted to see the fight. You haven't been around that long so I don't suspect you would know what was going on or being said back then. In the Barrera case, people said Barrera had an off night and his training in Big Bear hadn't been ideal and even though he was past his best, there were still plenty of people who thought he could outbox Pac and take a decision considering he had just boxed very competitively with Marquez, but the opposite happened.

The second Morales fight was competitive and again people still believed he could turn back the clock and pull it off, plus they were at 1-1.

Lots of people picking Tim for last weekend...LOTS. I thought if Bradley stuck to boxing like he did in the second half of the first fight he could pull off a decision (I was not alone in this theory), that with the fact that Pac has been on a steady decline and was perceived to have less left in the tank made that an impressive W and an exclamation mark on a remarkable career. In all cases the rematches were maybe not the sexiest match out there, but they all were justified and the demand from the fans was there.
            What a joke, to even suggest there was demand for Pac-Bradley 3.

Comment

I think most boxing fans respect Pacquiao. There's a tendency to get carried away with the ribbing and banter, but when you boil it all down you're left with a fighter who has contributed more than his fair share to boxing's history.

He's done enough and I would like to see him retire. More should be expected from the younger fighters in the prime of their careers.

Comment

I'm so thankful to have seen a guy like manny over the past 15 years..

From the Oscar undercard in 2001 when I first watched him live thru marquez 4, manny was always exciting and always giving me fights I wanted to see as a fan

Comment

I think the dialogue is just reflective of the current sport's culture. We should be able to have reasonable debates when athletes retired without feeling the need to only bring up the positives. Sadly, retirement of great athletes is no longer about celebration of greatness, but a time for the vultures to pick the last few pieces of meat off ones "sports carcass".

It happened with Floyd, Manning, Kobe so to expect it not to happen to Manny (despite Hectari's ridiculous thread) is unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    What a joke, to even suggest there was demand for Pac-Bradley 3.
                    You may have not have liked it, and the Crawford match up was probably better from a hardcore fan perspective, but at the end of the day Tim is the fighter with pedigree, the profile, the proven track record and has been in and around the p4p list for a number of years. He is an elite fighter. What we would be doing with Crawford is finding out how good he really is, to me throwing him in with Manny even an old one at this stage would be premature. Lets see how he does with a Postol first.

With Bradley we knew we were guaranteed a good competitive, action packed fight. I don't disagree that there were fights that I would rather have Pac fight, but you can't definitely say that any of them were tougher than Bradley so I don't think you can knock the match up like you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Come on! Some of you guys are pathetic. Pay your respects to an absolutely remarkable career. You still haven't got over this Mayweather BS? Manny fought wars against future HOFers and is a boxing icon.

We should be rejoicing in a remarkable career. Fans in other sports don't get this petty with this stuff. People are thankful that they are watching Messi and Ronaldo in the same era and realise that they are seeing something special, they don't waste their entire lives trying to take away from one of their achievements to boost the other one up. Tennis fans don't do that with Nadal and Federer, F1 fans don't do it with Hamilton and Vettel, Kobe and Lebron to a certain extent...could go on and on. Do fans in those sports debate and compare? Absolutely! But they don't go to these lengths to prove wrong or right. I am telling you, unless we are very lucky it will be a long time until another Mayweather or Pacquiao comes along, and for us to have them in the same era and fight each other (albeit too late) was pretty remarkable to have two guys on that level, a whole level above almost everyone else.

The Ward's Crawford's Kovalev's GGG's are great, but they are not these two guys, and its irritating that so many of you don't realise how lucky you are to have watched these two and in my case watched one of them in the flesh (Floyd) Lots of you guys spent the last 5 years wasting your time and energy tearing the other one down and now they are both retired, it still isn't enough? Unbelievable.
                      I think you'll find that most Manny fans have no problem with Mayweather. It's the rabid Mayweather fans who hijack every thread about Manny to trash him. No offense, but they really are a bunch of insecure ***g0ts.

Comment

Working...
                      X