Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Broner the weakest multiple division 'champion' ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Cruz? I'm sure there are others worse, but Broner and Santa Cruz are both big examples of how being a "multiple division champion" can mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Santa Cruz? I'm sure there are others worse, but Broner and Santa Cruz are both big examples of how being a "multiple division champion" can mean nothing.

Red k and dildos sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
        He's only 26, but I can see why people are less than impressed with achievements when you really look at them.

If he is really serious about this move to 147, then this will be his chance to really cement himself. He needs to take them all out, starting with fighting Porter regardless if he beats Thurman or not.
        Porter embarrassed Broner for 11 rounds besides the flash knockdown, highly doubt Broner ever goes for a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          The Demarco win was decent, and about the only time I have really been impressed with him as a boxer. But other than that it has to be one of the most carefully orchestrated careers in history.

Saying that though, his resume for a 26yo isnt really that bad in terms of competition fought. Guys like Maidana, Porter, Demarco, De Leon are/were solid world level guys when he fought them. Then theres fringe world level fighters like Malignaggi, Rees, Allakhverdiev, Molina and probably a couple others.

But you are right, in comparison to his supposed achievements, his resume and performances have been terrible. A poster boy for how to maneuver in boxings chaotic structure
          He looked spectacular against DeMarco. I never thought he looked like Floyd but he looked a lot like Toney in that fight. But then Gavin Rees came after that, a joke match-up where he didn't look great. And then the Paulie cherry-pick.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
            Porter embarrassed Broner for 11 rounds besides the flash knockdown, highly doubt Broner ever goes for a rematch.
            Well he needs to. He needs to avenge that loss.

You can not walk into Porters division and not fight him after he embarrassed you like that.

Comment

Him and Guerrero yea.

Comment

Leo Santa Cruz doesnt have the talent of Broner

Duke McKenzie was Meh

Iran Barkley had hearns number but lost to almost all the top fighters he faced

Koki kameda is a good fighter but his resume is no better than Broner's.

Kazuto Ioka isnt awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  He looked spectacular against DeMarco. I never thought he looked like Floyd but he looked a lot like Toney in that fight. But then Gavin Rees came after that, a joke match-up where he didn't look great. And then the Paulie cherry-pick.
                  For sure. That fight had me thinking that Maidana was made for him lol.

A prediction that I would like to forget

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
                    Well he needs to. He needs to avenge that loss.

You can not walk into Porters division and not fight him after he embarrassed you like that.
                    Porter would embarrass Broner worse then before if its at a proper 147 and not a 144 cw

Comment

Broner is one of the weaker multiple weight champs ever that's for sure. But I got to say Robert Guerrero is right up there with him too. Guerrero a 3 weight champ but besides Berto, who shouldn't have been a champ when they fought(boxing politics), who did Guerrero beat?

Comment

Working...
                      X