Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Broner the weakest multiple division 'champion' ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    Broner is one of the weaker multiple weight champs ever that's for sure. But I got to say Robert Guerrero is right up there with him too. Guerrero a 3 weight champ but besides Berto, who shouldn't have been a champ when they fought(boxing politics), who did Guerrero beat?
    berto wasn't champ when they fought. guerrero was only interim champ at 147. never a full champion

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      berto wasn't champ when they fought. guerrero was only interim champ at 147. never a full champion
      Shoot you are right, I had to look it up to see who he beat to be a welterweight title holder and its was against some no name dude. Well for guerrero thats about par for him and his title wins. And dude is a 4 division title holder at that.

Most all boxers who are a 4 division champs are locks and a shoe in for the Hall of Fame. IMO Guerrero isn't close to that accomplishment, so with that I say Guerrero is even weaker than Broner as a multi division champ.
      Last edited by boxinghead530; 04-08-2016, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        Well, Pac fought David Diaz, but never fought Juan Diaz, and straight ditched Lightweight...

Cotto, De La Hoya, Margarito, catchweight title fights. They say Pac never really fought a true 147...

p4p catchweight division pimp doe.
        Stop...just stop..why did you even mention Pacquiao at all?

Comment

Yes he is and by a mile. When you hear 4 division champ you think wow that's a great resume. Then you look deeper and see he was a paper champ at all 4 weights, won mostly vacant titles, never beat the man at any of those weights, never had a long string of title defenses at any weight, and lost multiple belts the night before title fights because he missed weight. His entire 4 division champ status was completely manufactored. With vacant title shots like at 140 which he got directly AFTER getting beat by Porter and having no significant wins against top guys at 140. And the guy he got to fight for that paper belt was also coming off a loss and 2 years of inactivity. That's nothing but shady politics.

If you take away the 4 division paper champ garbage and just look at the names and fighters he's beat it's not impressive at all. And when he's stepped up against better fighters he lost. 2 losses and a fight that could of gone either way against Paulie and Paulie is not that good even in his prime which he wasn't when he faced Paulie who already was destroyed by khan, Hatton, cotto and got killed a year later by Porter and then Danny. And that's really broners best win.
          Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-08-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Yep and his fans try to defend him by bringing up his age. Newsflash, even at 26 he's already washed up and hadn't beaten a top opponent in like 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Yep and his fans try to defend him by bringing up his age. Newsflash, even at 26 he's already washed up and hadn't beaten a top opponent in like 3 years.
              Yeah he's a old 26. He is not on the upswing getting better. It's the opposite he moves less then he did 3-4 years, he gets hit way more even against bums, he looks worst each fight and that's been the trend for years now. Physically his skills are deteriorating and mentally he's already had 2 ego shattering losses. We have already seen the best of Broner anyone thinking moving up to 147 against bigger and better competition will end well? I don't

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                I can't think of a worse fighter to have held titles in multiple weight classes. Can't think of a fighter who acquired the titles in a less impressive fashion either. Two of his titles were vacant, the other two were won against DeMarco and Malignaggi (wasn't even in the top 10 at welterweight).

Hasn't had one notable defence of any title that I can think of, and has lost two of his titles on the scales.

Broner seems like the showcase for all the worst excesses of the sport nowadays - paper titles, cherry-picking, and hype.
                He is the weakest. He was given two titles. Malignaggi is a bum. Demarco has beaten two good fighters his whole career. PBC is selling wolf tickets when it comes to broner. On top of that, he may be the ugliest man alive.

He rich doe!
                He young doe!

Foh

Comment

I don't think he's the worst 'multi' division if you mean 2 or 3 divisions.

The worst 4 division champ yeah but there's no real shame in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                    I don't think he's the worst 'multi' division if you mean 2 or 3 divisions.
                    Guerrero is only a 2 division champ. The other 2 were interim, not real belts

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Guerrero is only a 2 division champ. The other 2 were interim, not real belts
                      I know that but going by that you can easily say Broner isn't a real 4 division champ because the 140 belt was regular, 130 was vacant etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X