No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Admits No Desire To Fight, May Not Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Broner is 4 division champ doe. Dominated 4 weight classes yo.
    I respect broners game and heart, but i respect lucas's as well..and it is just nuts how boxers get so little money..i mean they have more than the average person, but damn the average person's life is much less risky

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Oh damn. Postol took his soul.
      Sort of looks that way, doesnt it?

Although my suspicions are that Matthysse was already done, probably after Garcia, and all the loss to Postol did was solidify his lack of desire.

It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
        I respect broners game and heart, but i respect lucas's as well..and it is just nuts how boxers get so little money..i mean they have more than the average person, but damn the average person's life is much less risky

You're right, it's absurd.

This is absolute proof that the current business model is wakk !

Imagine how the UFC guys feel.

I recently saw the Froch/Groves numbers.....

No way should networks/promoters be leeching 50% + of the proceedings.

Fkn maggots.

What is the downside for the networks/promoters ?

What is the downside for Nick Blackwell ?

It really annoys me when " fans " support promoters/networks over fighters, any fighter..... I view it as childish ignorance.

Never been a huge Matthyse fan, but there is no denying his contribution to boxing over the last few years.

Comment

Danny Garcia took this kids heart and destroyed it retire you wont win any big fights but the Herrera fight was very winnable and could have got you 1 last big fight maybe against Garcia again lol

Comment

It's hard to believe he never actually held a world title when you consider how many belts are floating around.

Anyway, he was a decent fighter but massively overrated a few years ago. I remember people on here tipping him to beat Floyd around the time he knocked Peterson out. People say he was robbed against Judah and Alexander, but really a top fighter isn't even letting a fight with a 2010 version of Judah go to a split decision. Still, i enjoyed him knocking Peterson out, that was a good performance but when you consider his recent defeat and the war with Provodnikov, that Peterson fight seems a long time ago. He would probably just become a gatekeeper if he continued and he said he made enough money for him and his daughter so fair play to him, that's what it's about in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Oh damn. Postol took his soul.
              Word. The way he talks about that loss you know he took it hard.

WW would not go better for him.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-30-2016, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie_pep1 View Post
                Did u not read the article u ****in bum!! The doctor told him he still has eye issues..u ****in f*ggot
                Danny ruined him

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  It's hard to believe he never actually held a world title when you consider how many belts are floating around.

Anyway, he was a decent fighter but massively overrated a few years ago. I remember people on here tipping him to beat Floyd around the time he knocked Peterson out. People say he was robbed against Judah and Alexander, but really a top fighter isn't even letting a fight with a 2010 version of Judah go to a split decision. Still, i enjoyed him knocking Peterson out, that was a good performance but when you consider his recent defeat and the war with Provodnikov, that Peterson fight seems a long time ago. He would probably just become a gatekeeper if he continued and he said he made enough money for him and his daughter so fair play to him, that's what it's about in the end.
                  That's really about it. For some reason he has a loyal fan base that makes an excuse for his losses. He was a puncher, that's it. Postol was able to absorb his power and beat him with skill. He and his family blamed his team for the loss and threw them under the bus. He tried to go to Cheapo and they told him no thanks. This guy is so overrated.

Comment

Damn, the sport will be poorer without the machine!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      You're right, it's absurd.

This is absolute proof that the current business model is wakk !

Imagine how the UFC guys feel.

I recently saw the Froch/Groves numbers.....

No way should networks/promoters be leeching 50% + of the proceedings.

Fkn maggots.

What is the downside for the networks/promoters ?

What is the downside for Nick Blackwell ?

It really annoys me when " fans " support promoters/networks over fighters, any fighter..... I view it as childish ignorance.

Never been a huge Matthyse fan, but there is no denying his contribution to boxing over the last few years.

That is why i would never respect some posters on here never... Am for the boxers all day every day, most promoters make 10 times what they invest in named boxers, so when i see posters on here backing what someone like Bob Arum says i just shake my head.

Comment

Working...
                      X