Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "King" Krusher Kovalev @ 175 lbs / 12.5 stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck I woke up too early, was too excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
      Sit down C0ck sucker :- )

Trump supporters lost doe
      Go fck yourself with a Trump blowup doll you cuck f@ggot.

Did you go protest starbucks by spending money there and making them write "trump" on the cup? lol fckng loser.

Comment

• Who needs a laugh? Watch this guys. New Kovalev and Van Damme trailer

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/boxing...003221136.html

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
          Hmm I dunno Kov seems to only like to throw good shots when going forward and when he isn't going forward doesn't look all that to me.
          It's obviously more complex than that but either way it'll be interesting to see how it goes.
          I feel whatever happens with hindsight the neutrals will all think, thats obviously how it was going to go.
          Have a look at Sillah fight when he dropped him 1st time.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            Who needs a laugh? Watch this guys. New Kovalev and Van Damme trailer

LOL

WTF did i just watch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
              Go fck yourself with a Trump blowup doll you cuck f@ggot.

Did you go protest starbucks by spending money there and making them write "trump" on the cup? lol fckng loser.

Calm down joto

America will be great again, only if you're a citizen doe hahahahah

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                I see a towel being thrown in on this one. I pick Andre Ward by 9th or 10th round stoppage.
                In the same vicious manner as he KO'd Brand?

Comment

LOL
                  Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

WTF did i just watch?

Van Damme: You go save the girl

Kovalev: I'VE GOT THIS

Comment

LOL
                    Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post

WTF did i just watch?

lmfao I lost it when van damma is shooting in the snow and them dudes get shot up in the dessert lmfao.

Comment

• Kovalev vs Ward: The SKY panel offer their fight predictions

George Groves
                      Ward is silky smooth and on his day is exceptional, he is fantastic in terms of shutting you down and not letting you do what you want to do. But I don't think he's ever boxed anyone like Kovalev with that eastern European style and a massive punch.
                      I have a sneaky feeling that Kovalev might shock a lot of people, he dealt with Hopkins extremely comfortably, down to his size, physicality, strength and punch power. Ward can't find sparring fighters to mirror Kovalev. He has enough experience to handle all of Ward's tricks and be busy enough to win.

Tony Bellew

I predict a close, hard battle. Kovalev's only chance is by knockout, he is not going to be able to outbox or outwork Ward. Kovalev has got the power to knock someone out, but I don't think he can clean Andre out with one big punch, it's going to take a series of punches to connect and he is capable of it. However, my money is on Ward.
                      Ward's close game negates Kovalev's power and he is better all round. I think Ward makes it an ugly fight and wins it on points.

Kell Brook

I don't mind who wins as long as it's a great fight. We are going to see different styles and I like both but if I was going to sit down and watch one of them, I prefer Kovalev. His punching power is great and his mind will be set on getting him out of there.
                      Ward is technically very, very good, but I can just see 'Krusher' winning. I've got a feeling he will do it and yes he can stop Ward but even if it goes the distance, I'm going for Kovalev.

Jamie Moore
                      I can see both fighters winning both ways, which is why it is such a great fight. If you look at it, is Ward able to sit in the pocket and ride Kovalev's punches and catch him with the counters on the way in and test his chin? We've not really seen that.
                      On the flipside, Kovalev has such a weird rhythm, he's difficult to read. If he can maintain pressure constantly and Ward can't catch him with any shots, I can really see Kovalev winning. There are so many different ways it can be won and everyone is expecting Ward to win but I am going to stick my neck on the line and stick with Kovalev on points.

Carl Froch
                      Kovalev is the natural light-heavyweight and punches hard, while Ward is very effective up-close, when he's holding, leaning, using his head and using his physical strength.
                      Ward was good at that at super-middleweight but will he get away with at light-heavyweight against someone who is big and strong like Kovalev?
                      Kovalev will lean on him, push him round and he'll have the edge when it does get close-in, I am sure he will, but will be too quick, too tricky and messy. I pick Ward on points.

Arthur Abraham

My mind says Andre Ward but my heart says Sergey Kovalev. Sergey came basically out of nowhere in his career and also in life. He worked his way up in a communist regime with lots of trouble surrounding him, moved to the US, restarted again and made himself a role model.
                      Andre also had to go through hard times, but he always had a guide in life in Virgil Hunter, but I still think that Sergey had the rockier road to super-stardom. Therefore I hope to be wrong with my prediction, which is a clear but close unanimous decision win for Andre Ward.

Nathan Cleverly
                      It will be cagey early on. Kovalev will start quickly and let his hands go. It will put Ward on the back foot and force him to be a little bit negative. Ward will nick a few rounds with his movement and technique, landing the odd right or left hand, but overall Kovalev's work-rate and power will force the fight and force Ward onto the back foot.
                      Kovalev will find it hard to land on Ward, but I think the work-rate will get him the fight, it will be very hard to stop and knock out Ward because of that defence. Kovalev will take it on points.

Barry McGuigan
                      I hope the fight develops into the fight we all believe it's going to be. Ward's going to have use his intelligence if he wants to win this because if he gets into a brawl with Kovalev, there's only one winner.
                      If he off-sets Kovalev, beats him to the punch and shows how smart he is, as well as his speed and dexterity, he wins the fight. I am leaning towards Ward on points but if he makes a mistake and gets into a fight he'll lose.

James DeGale
                      What a fight, it's two elite hungry fighters, the best against the best. It's an intriguing fight and so hard to pick, but Ward takes it for me - I love his style and his boxing brain,
                      Kovalev is a dangerous, big puncher who can knock you out with one shot, but I go towards Ward on points.
                      He is the crème de la crème. Just look at his pedigree and he won Olympic gold at light-heavyweight. His career has gone spot on, although he's been inactive last few years, but when you are that talented and work that had it doesn't matter.

Jean Pascal
                      Ward does have a lot of skill, but Kovalev carries so much power you never know what is going to happen. He has to connect with Andre Ward and we know that is difficult. We will find out what happens on Saturday night.
                      But I think if it goes the distance, Andre Ward should have the edge, but if there is a knockout, then the edge certainly goes to Kovalev.

Johnny Nelson
                      Kovalev knows he can bang and knows if he hits Ward he can get him out there, so he is going to commit more and he'll not be settle for being beaten. But that will be his own downfall. He will come rushing in, get caught with a counter and that will see Ward win.
                      It is going to be a rough ride for Ward but as long as he stays cool and sticks to the game-plan, he will surprise everyone and not need the scorecards. I am looking at a Ward stoppage even as early as the ninth or 10th round, not even going the distance.

Paul Smith

It may not be the fireworks display that people expect, Ward will go out and break Kovalev down with his jab and will happily take 12 boring one-sided rounds to show his class and win the fight.
                      Kovalev is a lot better than people make out and can box, but Ward is a level above and is out there on his own.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if Kovalev does catch him because he is a devastating puncher and one of the pound-for-pound best, but I'm expecting a wide points decision for Ward.
                      Last edited by Chrismart; 11-19-2016, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X