Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "King" Krusher Kovalev @ 175 lbs / 12.5 stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    kovalev actually trains a little bit of grappling. i think it's common for russian fighters to know some wrestling basics since it's a popular sport there
    I don't think I've ever seen a Russian/Soviet bloc fighter look comfortable with it in the ring though. Maybe I'm missing someone?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I would say current Ward is a trickier guy to deal with than that version of Hopkins. Plus there was never much bad blood between Kovalev and Hopkins. I think Kovalev is much more amped for this fight, that can be good or that can be bad. If he doesn't hurt Ward early I don't see him falling into that trap though, so it just brings extra possibilities into play.
      Kovalev will have huge respect for Ward so he won't get sloppy for that reason. Frustration might be a bigger factor. He has a great jab and is used to dominating with it. But Ward's left hand is even better in my opinion. If Kovalev starts to fall short with his jab, or get consistently caught with up-jabs and spear-jabs, he will eventually start to get reckless. He'll have no choice if that's how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Kovalev will have huge respect for Ward so he won't get sloppy for that reason. Frustration might be a bigger factor. He has a great jab and is used to dominating with it. But Ward's left hand is even better in my opinion. If Kovalev starts to fall short with his jab, or get consistently caught with up-jabs and spear-jabs, he will eventually start to get reckless. He'll have no choice if that's how it goes.
        To me that first part you can't say before a fight because even if he has respect before hand if something comes easy all that can change in a heartbeat.

Ward has a great left hand better than Kovalev and if he has the right hand to really follow up he can make it a very long night for Kovalev. He doesn't need the right hand to do much damage but he needs to to keep his offense balanced and keep Kovalev guessing. If it is all coming from the left I think Kovalev is a good enough boxer to work it out.

Now if it plays out Ward's way I certainly expect Kovalev to go for broke and not pull a Canelo, because Kovalev has that sort of determination to win.

Comment

• Here is my prefight analysis and prediction for tonight's Kovalev/Ward fight: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.co...lysis-and.html

Comment

• And another thing: How do you expect people to react at first, according to the outcome?

If Ward wins by decision, people will accept it, like they did with Froch and Kessler, but they will always make sure to note that Ward is a dirty boxer with no fans.

If Ward wins by KO, even Kovalev's own fans will start saying that Kovalev was just overrated all along.

If Kovalev wins, no matter how, people will say that this was "the first time Ward fought a good opponent".
            Last edited by Flemming; 11-19-2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Welcome aboard Flemming!

This fight really is so close I can't pick a winner right now. When this has happened in the past, the better boxer usually takes it. I just can't decide.

Comment

• Thanks, Scholar, and yeah, this is definetely going to be very exciting.

Comment

• How do i use cricbox?

Comment

• I hope no one starts saying that Ward was past his prime, old, etc, after this fight.

No excuses to ruin a fantastic fight plz.

Comment

• That ****ing website sucks

Comment

Working...
                      X