Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "King" Krusher Kovalev @ 175 lbs / 12.5 stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to put the world in its place.

Comment

• Anybody that knows how to watch, message me please

Comment

• Andre Ward made a living feasting on Euro-Level fighters, watch what happens when he takes on somebody that is truly world class.

Easy, easy work Kovalev.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Agreed for the most part. People are fixated on the "it only takes 1 punch" idea. But, Kovalev isn't about 1 punch. I don't think it's likely that he's going to get an accumulation of clean punches on a guy who is statistically one of the hardest to hit, and who knows better than anyone else how to tie a guy up. If Kovalev wins (which I see as a healthy possibility) it's via decision, IMO.

I really feel that this is going to be another "deep waters" affair by Ward where an outstanding opponent falls victim to the science and everyone says "I never thought I'd see ____ look so lost and frustrated".
          Kovalev is a very disciplined fighter when he's focused. There have been times where he has looked ragged, but only when he has felt so comfortable he could just let it all hang out. Against Hopkins, allowing for the fact that B-Hop was ancient, they way he never got suckered in to B-Hop's range as most do was really impressive. Whenever B-Hop did his snake charmer act, Kovalev would just reset and re-establish his distance.

I expect Ward to absolutely maul Kovalev on the inside if the fight takes place there. But Ward needs to close the distance first. Against a guy who throws such straight shots with such power, that is not going to be easy. And unlike most, Kovalev can actually force Ward to come forward, because he is the guy more comfortable from range.

Tough to call. A B.Hop-Trinidad outcome is not unforseeable. But Kovalev is a better boxer than Tito and he sure as **** won't be coming in overconfident.

Comment

• i worry about kovalev's ability to land cleanly if he doesn't shorten up his punches. i think he's going to have a nightmare trying to land his jab and straight right and needs a really solid plan B. i'll be watching the fight with a few mates who are not massive boxing fans and i'm starting to worry that it will be a messy, frustrating affair (as could be the gvozdyk-chilemba fight)

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              i worry about kovalev's ability to land cleanly if he doesn't shorten up his punches. i think he's going to have a nightmare trying to land his jab and straight right and needs a really solid plan B. i'll be watching the fight with a few mates who are not massive boxing fans and i'm starting to worry that it will be a messy, frustrating affair (as could be the gvozdyk-chilemba fight)
              Could be Ward who needs a plan B. That he's the one who'll need to adjust and as others point out, close the distance and find a way to counter. I don't see Ward dominating.

Comment

• this day needs to hurry up already.

Comment

• Kovalev isn't aggressive enough to beat Ward, he can't outbox Ward and doesn't throw enough punches to outwork him. He's too methodical/calculated, too textbook if ya like. He's a great boxer, but Dre is an elite boxer - and that's what I think it's gonna come down to. Kovalev is a defensively responsible fighter, he's not gonna get wild and go all out even if he's losing, it's not his style. It's gonna be a chess match throughout and I see Dre winning a clear 9-3/8-4 decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Kovalev is a very disciplined fighter when he's focused. There have been times where he has looked ragged, but only when he has felt so comfortable he could just let it all hang out. Against Hopkins, allowing for the fact that B-Hop was ancient, they way he never got suckered in to B-Hop's range as most do was really impressive. Whenever B-Hop did his snake charmer act, Kovalev would just reset and re-establish his distance.

I expect Ward to absolutely maul Kovalev on the inside if the fight takes place there. But Ward needs to close the distance first. Against a guy who throws such straight shots with such power, that is not going to be easy. And unlike most, Kovalev can actually force Ward to come forward, because he is the guy more comfortable from range.

Tough to call. A B.Hop-Trinidad outcome is not unforseeable. But Kovalev is a better boxer than Tito and he sure as **** won't be coming in overconfident.
                    ... This is the key in this fight -- eventually, Ward would have to jump/leap forward... But what if Ward prefers to simply stay out of the reach and only clinch when engaged?

Comment

• Originally posted by King_ View Post
                      Andre Ward made a living feasting on Euro-Level fighters, watch what happens when he takes on somebody that is truly world class.

Easy, easy work Kovalev.
                      Pot calling the kettle black there

Works on so many levels

Comment

Working...
                      X