Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach Backs Position: We're at 155, No 160 For Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vicious. View Post
    and those are all ppv fights? Cause thats all hbo cares about. They're not gonna pay this fat bastard all that money to fight on regular hbo and if they were ppv fights, they'll flop hard. Just because he's a popular mexican fighter doesnt mean he can sell just fighting anybody. He can probably sell out arena's (like ggg is already doing) but ppv numbers are gonna be low. Hell, even the canelo-con fight is gonna flop
    Basically, yes:

-Canelo Alvarez's career is already undergirded by his Mexican TV deal
    -Alvarez walks into the future with a downside PPV range of ~400k, withe the baseline likely going up due to some conversion from Cotto's audience, making him HBO's unquestioned PPV star.
    -HBO, for all of the collapse behind their boxing business, can still do a really good job of selling a fight if they put some effort behind it.

If the Showtime numbers are any real indicator, 'Canelo' walks into any PPV bout with baseline revenues of ~$15m (likely up to ~$20m, once you count the juice from the Cotto fight and HBO's larger audience)

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      1. How the hell was Gassiev on his way to losing, he had the fighter figured out in 3 rounds and well on his way to a stoppage victory.

Abel deserved it over Eddy who only has Canelo who showed the same exact weaknesses in both the Kirkland and Cotto fights. He wasn't worthy of trainer of the year, he only was nominated because of Canelo's popularity.
      Gassiev loss the first three rounds of the fight; if you want to simply argue that he'd "figured him out", that's your right, but that doesn't jive with what most objective people would see.

I'm not even arguing that Reynoso should've picked up the award; the reality is that Sanchez did such a **** job with the rest of the fighters under his care (without his main fighter even being in an competitive matchups) that it was obvious that he didn't deserve it.

Joe Gallagher should've won Trainer of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        Chillin, staying off the internet. LOL at your avatar, you do realize some of those workers are Ricans right? Especially on your side of the states. How you been you old senile bastard?
        Nah man, Cuban if anything. I am in Miami these days...it's where us old people come to die

Comment

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
          Nah man, Cuban if anything. I am in Miami these days...it's where us old people come to die
          Correction: Florida is where poor puerto ricans go to die.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
            Correction: Florida is where poor puerto ricans go to die.
            Look, it's my #1 fan!

What's up kid? You still pissed off at life for that face you've been dealt?

Comment

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
              Look, it's my #1 fan!

What's up kid? You still pissed off at life for that face you've been dealt?
              Lol Just kicking facts breh. Don't get all emotional now. You were doing fine lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                With the way they are talking, they aren't even going to be paying Golovkin all that much (remember ODLH's 90/10 suggestion?).

They are pricing themselves out with the weight and purse demands. Add that to having a voluntary defense against a WW and it becomes all too clear that Team Canelo simply does not want this fight. Not sure what Canelo himself thinks but I'm pretty sure his team is not interesting in putting him in with Golovkin.

I'd be surprised if Canelo/GGG gets made this year. Doesn't seem likely that his team would schedule a fight against a WW and then immediately make the GGG fight. Even if he does eventually fight GGG, it won't be until after Canelo fights an actual MW other than GGG, catchweight or otherwise.
                I see what you're saying. All I'm saying is why pass up that huge paycheck? Sacrifice and fight Canelo at his demanded weight, then if you lose, you have a good reason why. As for Khan, he's a great boxer no matter what anyone says. And GGG is also a great boxer. So why not prepare for GGG vs a great boxer?

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  I see what you're saying. All I'm saying is why pass up that huge paycheck? Sacrifice and fight Canelo at his demanded weight, then if you lose, you have a good reason why.
                  Exactly. Accept the Caneloweight. Beat him, then you can do whatever you want to "correct" the division. Lose, and you have an excuse.

Golovkin needs the big name. He needs it. Canelo don't need him.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    I see what you're saying. All I'm saying is why pass up that huge paycheck? Sacrifice and fight Canelo at his demanded weight, then if you lose, you have a good reason why. As for Khan, he's a great boxer no matter what anyone says. And GGG is also a great boxer. So why not prepare for GGG vs a great boxer?
                    Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Exactly. Accept the Caneloweight. Beat him, then you can do whatever you want to "correct" the division. Lose, and you have an excuse.

Golovkin needs the big name. He needs it. Canelo don't need him.

Exactly !

Also..... he said he can do it, repeatedly.

I think 155 is a little low to be honest, but why can't Golovkin at least negotiate with Canelo?..... it seems they would prefer to avoid that fight and rely on Canelo being stripped?

He said that he can do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
                      Lol Just kicking facts breh. Don't get all emotional now. You were doing fine lol
                      Bored in that 3X4 cubicle eh?

Would love to play the dozens with you kid but it's 2016 and I just can't muster up the interest.

Good luck, I hear you are being promoted to senior clerk this month. Bigger cubicle by the window too. The world is yours Chico.

Good shyt bro!

Comment

Working...
                      X