Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe shutout, easy work.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Doesn't happen, GGG calls out Calzaghe at 164, fight dies.

BWaHAHaahaHAHaahaHAHaaHA!!!

Comment

Calzaghe way too skilled and crafty..

Ggg drops him once but calzaghe outboxes him the rest of the way

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          Their resumes absolutely matter. GGG is unproven against anyone near cal***gi's level, the opposite is not true. Cal***gi was past his best as well when he faced jones and hopkins. Throw out jones and hopkins, his resume is still miles better than GGG's.
          Rigo wasnt exactly a proven fighter when he fought donaire, their resumes didnt really matter though.. and I think your being a little harsh on GGG resume. Mathew Maklin pushed Sergio Martinez and Felix Sturm hard (I dont think he lost the sturm fight personally). Martin Murrays only previous defeat before the GGG fight was against Martinez in Argentina and many people say he won that fight. GGG destroyed both of these guys

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            There is a very good chance GGG is not going to have near the same success when he moves up to 168. He is formidable at 160, but I don't think his style will translate to a dominant fighter 8 pounds north (I could be wrong). He will still be a good fighter, maybe one of the best in the division but it is a big jump in weight for elite fighting, you look at the guys who have historically moved up and had success between those weight classes and they are few and far between.

They are guys like Mike McCallum, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, James Toney, these are guys who can change it up and are very diverse with solid defences. Joe Calzaghe went up but its hard to assess because he went up and fought the best fighter in the division above, and then a washed up fighter, but the one thing you could say is he felt the difference in power at the higher weight.

In terms of the thread - fantasy matchup's are exactly that and are fun for debate and opinion, but there is no way way that anyone could say with any confidence that GGG stops Calzaghe who is without question a great fighter and a big 168lber with a very good chin, in fact I think he would hold lots of advantages in this fight. GGG has yet to face anyone elite at 160lbs, therefore to assume he even belongs in the ring with an elite 168lber is conjecture at this stage and premature.

Don't get me wrong GGG is a very good fighter, but he hasn't proved the things he is being showered with. People are labelling him great from what they have seen in the gym and sparring because thus far he has only beaten B level guys at best under the lights, we are told he has a very high ceiling (A lot of this hype comes from Abel Sanchez) but we haven't seen it yet.

There is nothing or no fight he has fought that shows me that he could beat a Joe Calzaghe. Let's see how he does with a Canelo Alvarez first, and if the does move up to 168 there is plenty of completion there too. Until then people need some perspective.
            I agree with this poster
            Calzaghe was in another level

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
              George Groves or Gennady Golovkin
              We're talking about gennady golovkin

Comment

Calzaghe slaps him to submission.

Comment

Just another stupid thread from a retarted hater

Comment

Originally posted by mobstarik View Post
                    Just another stupid thread from a retarted hater
                    You don't like it. Then don't post

Comment

At 168 Joe Calzaghe is bigger, stronger and would slap GGG around and win on points.

Comment

Working...
                      X