No announcement yet.

Prime Joe Calzaghe vs gg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Lets. Not forget that Joe was able to adapt.to all different styles can gg do.that? probably not
    True he did adapt to the style of a fighter but I think Golovkin is a different proposition, Joe never faced anyone who hits that hard and I'd be saying the same thing with Kovalev.
    I'm in no way having a go at Joe Calzaghe he has some great wins on his record he was great to watch and i enjoyed many of his fights but I fancy GG to actually hurting Joe and keeping him hurt I just really don't see it...
    I'm pretty sure Joe would have been eating counter punches all night until he got KOed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zangief. View Post
      True he did adapt to the style of a fighter but I think Golovkin is a different proposition, Joe never faced anyone who hits that hard and I'd be saying the same thing with Kovalev.
      I'm in no way having a go at Joe Calzaghe he has some great wins on his record he was great to watch and i enjoyed many of his fights but I fancy GG to actually hurting Joe and keeping him hurt I just really don't see it...
      I'm pretty sure Joe would have been eating counter punches all night until he got KOed.
      no he didn't. why do people say this? he did the same thing over and over until it worked. that's the exact opposite of adapting. name me a fight where he didn't try to overwhelm his opponent with slappy midrange punches? where is a fight where he set traps, lured opponents in, fought off the back foot etc...? i think you are confusing starting slow with adapting.

examples: hopkins fight: he tried to box with hopkins for the first half of the fight and was humiliated so what did he do? came forward throwing ineffective slap punches that didn't connect but he got the decision.

kessler fight: he was down after 5 rounds again because he was trying to box more. what did he do? upped the pace and got into slappy range which was effective since kessler's foot speed is non existent.

lacy fight: started off in slappy mode since lacy was a statue and did slappy midrange mode for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Zangief. View Post

youve got to be ****ing kidding me. GGG at 33 has yet to fight even a B level fighter. just lol at him countering cal***gi all night, cal***gi is too fast and least we forget GGG is dead scared of going to 168 as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          Lol I didnt say GGG had a better resume i'm saying Calzaghe cant be regarded as the best Britain has to offer because his resume is weak. He fought Hopkins and Jones when they were old and in Jones case washed up. Jones was what 39 and Hopkins was in his 40's. Jones was washed up before he even fought Joe and he he managed to knock him down.

Calzaghe would be aggressive like he always is and would get caught by GGG and stopped. His resume being better than GGG's have very little to do with how the fight would go.
          Their resumes absolutely matter. GGG is unproven against anyone near cal***gi's level, the opposite is not true. Cal***gi was past his best as well when he faced jones and hopkins. Throw out jones and hopkins, his resume is still miles better than GGG's.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            youve got to be ****ing kidding me. GGG at 33 has yet to fight even a B level fighter. just lol at him countering cal***gi all night, cal***gi is too fast and least we forget GGG is dead scared of going to 168 as it is.
            Sure... Whatever makes you sleep easier at night.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              What's your prediction bro?

Comment

Calzaghe SD.

Comment

Here's a better question although off topic...
                  Who will rank higher in the ATG list? Calzaghe, Mayweather, or Marciano?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan7819 View Post
                    Here's a better question although off topic...
                    Who will rank higher in the ATG list? Calzaghe, Mayweather, or Marciano?
                    Easily Calzaghe just because he was so great. Great point green k sent

Comment

Zags by wide UD.

Too slick.

Too Welsh.

Comment

Working...
                      X