Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder is 36-0 with 35 KO's yet he's not a star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Joshua is already a PPV star and one of the biggest cash cows in boxing. Wilder is still fighting bums on regular cable. Who cares if the ignorant Yanks don't know who he is? The UK is the home of heavyweight boxing, not America.
    the last great british heavyweight was lennox lewis.

Comment

I dont get why fans hate on wilder. He knocks out everyone they put in front of him and has only been boxing since like 18 or 19. Dude is learning on the job and still never fails to put on an exciting fight.

Comment

Hmmmn. Let's see. He won the WBC title without fighting any Heavyweight ranked by the WBC, besides Bermaine Stivern. Defends his title against bums.

That about does it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Dominic Breazel, Amir Monsour, Gerald Washington, Bryant Jennings, Baby Miller, Prince Charles, Bombsquad, Shannon the Canon, Tarver... STFU!
          Bunch of bums.

War Mansour tho!

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            The only logical explanation is because he's black.
            It is because he is low skilled.

Comment

the answer is quite simple,

its similar to when rigondeaux beat nonito donaire.

he beat a very legendary and popular fighter in charlie zelenoff and the american controlled jewish media did not like that.

wilder's been black(no racist)balled by jewish oligarchs who control the television, movie, music, and banking industry.

elle sechkback has confirmed this to me privately but he will never admit it publicly because he would lose his press credentials.

Comment

Boxing in the US in general is suffering. Wilder is not the only American boxer suffering from a drop in ratings. I think it's because fans still haven't gotten acclimated to PBC, it will complete it's 1 year mark next month. I think that as HBO starts declining, people will start seeing PBC as the new head of boxing. And that's when the PBC fighters will get more popular.

Comment

On the surface, 36-0 with 35 ko's is impressive but when we take a deeper look Wilder's resume is lacking. Wilder is a title holder and a top five HW but the American audience hasn't bought into him yet. It also doesn't help that the best fighter he faced was the fighter he couldn't knockout. Wilder did answer some questions about himself in that fight, however. Many people thought he would lose.

The other top fighters in the division are not American. Wilder may have to travel for most of his biggest fights. Defeating Povetkin and then the Fury/Klitschko winner will legitimize him as a champion and should also make him a star. It would help his cause if there was a popular heavyweight for him to challenge though.

It would've been better if Wilder built his resume fighting better American heavyweights like Cunningham, Jennings and Thompson.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Boxing in the US in general is suffering. Wilder is not the only American boxer suffering from a drop in ratings. I think it's because fans still haven't gotten acclimated to PBC, it will complete it's 1 year mark next month. I think that as HBO starts declining, people will start seeing PBC as the new head of boxing. And that's when the PBC fighters will get more popular.
                    PBC could put on a fight between the ghost of Arturo Gatti vs present day Mickey Ward tomorrow and it would still look like a local public access show that I would struggle mightily to sit through.

Comment

Originally posted by barks62 View Post
                      This is so true! Watching the Frampton-Quigg fight on TV was awesome... I can't imagine how it would be to actually be there! The closest I've seen are the MLS games we have here in the States. The crowd was chanting and beating their drums the entire time. It was pretty great. You rarely get that here.
                      Oh man, soccer is crazy. I went to the World Cup years ago with a girl I was dating who was Bolivian...Bolivia vs South Korea and it was absolutely insane with the crowd chanting and the drums and flags..best atmosphere at a sporting event I've ever encountered....

Comment

Working...
                      X