No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas Drops, Stops Sadam Ali To Capture WBO Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    I've always heard Ali had a real bad chin. This proved it. Made Vargas look like Kovalev.
    Vargas is not a beast like Kov but i think his power is underrated. He also hurt Bradley in the last round and Bradley has a iron-chin.

Comment

finally, so glad Vargas finally got HIS WBO!!

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
        That's pathetic! BTW he already got a rip off win against Khabib...The guy Broner beat and got no credit for! Ali was soft and it was easy to see!

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
          didn't jesse vargas just part ways with MEMO "the drug cheat" Heredia recently?

I smell something fishy
          Yeah SHTY DEFENSE!!!! You gonna blame drugs for that??? How about I just get you some tissues so you can cry yourself to sleep...

Comment

I meant to bet on Vargas to win and forgot all about it. Once I seen the weigh in I was sure Vargas would win. For one he's quite a bit bigger and has way more big fight experience than Ali. Vargas isn't on Bradley's level. But he was good enough to beat lucky boy convincingly who I thought was a pretty good fighter on the same level as Ali is and hits much harder than Ali anyone who seen that fight I don't understand how u could of thought Vargas would lose to Ali...he's better than people give him credit for... A C+ fighter

Comment

Originally posted by LOWBLOW_CHAMP View Post
              great fight between 2 young up and comers. ali will learn from this, vargas learned from his experiences and ali should as well
              Ali isn't a great up and comer. I recall that Abregu fight, and was wondering what the commentators were watching. I watched as Ali punched guard most of the night and everyone acted like he was putting in good work while ignoring the work of Abregu. Saddam Ali is one over rated mother ****er. I was glad that Vargas pushed his **** in, because it seemed clear they were going to rob Vargas on the cards. The ref was going out of his way to give Ali long counts, and then lecture Vargas for nothing, when Vargas is trying to finish him off. I was glad the ref realized how corrupt he was looking and finally stopped it.

Comment

It was comical listening to Harold Lederman's ****ty scoring, and then hearing him try and verbally cover for the ****ty preferential to Ali reffing of the referee, post fight. HBO was in full propaganda mode for Ali. I hate when they do that ****. Call an unbiased fight. Don't try to sway the viewers opinion with biased commentary.

Comment

Didn't really care much about this Ali guy. I didn't even remember him. Saw one of his fights in the past only briefly, then went to do some chores and waited for the next fight. I didn't like his boring style of hit and not get hit **** most fake fans like overrating and raving about. (Some boxers take such **** literally and never venture into something natural to them.)

Exactly the opposite of Vargas when it comes to willingness to take risks. What can you not like about Vargas? Although I criticized him for focusing too much on knocking Bradley out, which cost him to lose rounds. He clearly didn't listen to Morales, who was his trainer at that time. Of course, he may not have been able to compete with Bradley's skills, but at least he could have looked better and learned something from the experience.

Comment

Vargas victory last night is a pretty fckin big deal. Son stopped an undefeated fighter with Olympian pedigree. I used to sht on Jessie Vargas all the time, calling him names like Jesse VERGAS and laughing at the thought of #48 vs Vargas. Now I WANT to see Jessie Vargas square off against #48 and i believe he has a pretty decent chance at taking it! lets go #THANEWGENERATION, son.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                      they have bleachers there dont they in some areas? the broner card is gonna be there
                      Yes, plenty of bleachers. I was at the end of the N section about 10 rows up for $50 and had a great view

Comment

Working...
                      X