No announcement yet.

a silent psychopath. GGG interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    So you're just going to leave out context huh? He's saying it's more difficult for himself to get fights and so on.
    lol. I gave you the context. He said he didn't want to talk about Ward..

Comment

Cold as ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I've never understood why some people feel the need to turn their favorite boxers into dark comic book heroes. After taunting boxers, then running with his tail tucked because he never really wanted to fight them, I know all I need to know about his mentality.
        You're just making **** up now.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Who the hell did he run away from?
          i think he's still pretending that ggg ducked ward even though it was ggg who tried to fight ward and ward said no. he's probably even pretending that ward wanting to fight ggg in a year and a half with a 50-50 split was a legit offer. he's lost touch with reality. i'm not sure how offering someone way more popular than you a 50-50 split for a fight in a year and a half from now when he has a bunch of other big fights in the interim is a legit offer. these ward fans find a way through all the logic and come up with something illogical.

Comment

Very interesting stuff.

Reading the text, I was trying to picture those answers coming from the mouth of the smiley face GGG who know here in the west ... and I couldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I've never understood why some people feel the need to turn their favorite boxers into dark comic book heroes. After taunting boxers, then running with his tail tucked because he never really wanted to fight them, I know all I need to know about his mentality.
              Look at this idiot.
              "MUH DARK COMICZ N SHEEEIT!"

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                lol. I gave you the context. He said he didn't want to talk about Ward..
                Here's THE context...GGG's previous interview in Russian last summer...

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"

"If you do provocative attacks, do not even think that Loeffler [Gennady's K2 promoter] will buy into them. You haven't been interesting to anyone for a long time, so he will no longer engage in the promotion of your name. Go and build your own image. Although everyone already knows what you are, and because of this, they do not go to your fights."

"You shouldn't worry about who I'm going to box or have boxed. You, like the rest, were lucky with the "Super Six" tournament because you got your opponents by contract. And who are you fighting now? The fourth-fifth ranked fighters in England...If I say that I'm ready to box any middleweight and ready to rise to 168 for a big fight, then I am responsible for the words. And I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me."

With the exception of this interview which was in response to Ward insulting GGG in a previous interview, GGG's never said anything disrespectful about anyone including Ward. That's because he has manners and class. If you can't say anything nice.... Now, if Ward's got a problem with the way GGG's team mentions him when they're asked questions by the media and feels GGG is somehow responsible for everything they say, Ward should confront Golovkin himself not Tom Loeffler. That'd be PPV worthy right there.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  i think he's still pretending that ggg ducked ward even though it was ggg who tried to fight ward and ward said no. he's probably even pretending that ward wanting to fight ggg in a year and a half with a 50-50 split was a legit offer. he's lost touch with reality. i'm not sure how offering someone way more popular than you a 50-50 split for a fight in a year and a half from now when he has a bunch of other big fights in the interim is a legit offer. these ward fans find a way through all the logic and come up with something illogical.
                  Yeah it's pretty strange thing to say, which is common here on NSB among a certain crowd. Ward contacted Golovkin as Golovkin was just finalizing a to fight Lemieux on PPV and Ward's offer was to fight late 2016, knowing Golovkin had Lemieux and was WBC mandatory (at that time K2 believed a Canelo fight would have happened after Lemeiux). Such a weird/strange offer. "Hey, I know you have two other big fights you're doing, but sign to fight me now for a potential match a year from now maybe?" Within minutes Ward "moved on" and was at 175 and just now finishing a deal for Sullivan Barrera.

And you're right, a couple years prior, Golovkin contacted Ward about fighting and Ward rejected it, one of those typical "get your ppv numbers up" type of responses. Well, since then Golovkin has been in a position to unify and now is mandatory to the WBC belt and a deal with Golden Boy & the WBC to fight Canelo next, so it's funny Ward & some of his fans on NSB expect Golovkin to drop what he's doing, move up a weight class and to sign a fight 1-year away! That's the real funny part to me though, all these guys say "Golovkin could have fought Ward by now if he wanted to"...NO he couldn't! He literally has never had a chance to fight Ward. Even if Golovkin agreed to fight Ward on Ward's terms, we would STILL be waiting for this fight to happen and would continue to wait for at least 6-8 months from now and even then, you never know what will happen considering Ward's checkered past.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 02-19-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

In what world does a man say, i dont want to talk about him anymore means that hes scared of him or avoiding him? People really want to read what they want.

Like do you have any perception of how the world works? Do you think everything is like the WWE?

Comment

Good interview.

Ward is a taboo topic doe!

Comment

Working...
                      X