No announcement yet.

a silent psychopath. GGG interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
    In what world does a man say, i dont want to talk about him anymore means that hes scared of him or avoiding him? People really want to read what they want.

Like do you have any perception of how the world works? Do you think everything is like the WWE?
    The NSB world. Golovkin is apathetic towards Ward like Kovalev is to Stevenson. Too much drama, posturing and talk for these old school, ex Soviet cats.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Yeah it's pretty strange thing to say, which is common here on NSB among a certain crowd. Ward contacted Golovkin as Golovkin was just finalizing a to fight Lemieux on PPV and Ward's offer was to fight late 2016, knowing Golovkin had Lemieux and was WBC mandatory (at that time K2 believed a Canelo fight would have happened after Lemeiux). Such a weird/strange offer. "Hey, I know you have two other big fights you're doing, but sign to fight me now for a potential match a year from now maybe?" Within minutes Ward "moved on" and was at 175 and just now finishing a deal for Sullivan Barrera.

And you're right, a couple years prior, Golovkin contacted Ward about fighting and Ward rejected it, one of those typical "get your ppv numbers up" type of responses. Well, since then Golovkin has been in a position to unify and now is mandatory to the WBC belt and a deal with Golden Boy & the WBC to fight Canelo next, so it's funny Ward & some of his fans on NSB expect Golovkin to drop what he's doing, move up a weight class and to sign a fight 1-year away! That's the real funny part to me though, all these guys say "Golovkin could have fought Ward by now if he wanted to"...NO he couldn't! He literally has never had a chance to fight Ward. Even if Golovkin agreed to fight Ward on Ward's terms, we would STILL be waiting for this fight to happen and would continue to wait for at least 6-8 months from now and even then, you never know what will happen considering Ward's checkered past.
      "154-168" easy doe! Who said anything about vacating or a title bout? 168 vs Froch doe. Beaten by Ward doe. P4p skill dont mean Nothing doe. Floyd comes back to school Marquez - long layoff - doe, because IVs helped sweet pea doe.

"Ward is great champion, not right now. Hes too much for me..." GGG Esnews 2014 YouTube

"I dont want to talk about Ward doe"

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        "154-168" easy doe! Who said anything about vacating or a title bout? 168 vs Froch doe. Beaten by Ward doe. P4p skill dont mean Nothing doe. Floyd comes back to school Marquez - long layoff - doe, because IVs helped sweet pea doe.

"Ward is great champion, not right now. Hes too much for me..." GGG Esnews 2014 YouTube

"I dont want to talk about Ward doe"
        Jesus Christ you sound like such a moron.

When Golovkin asked Ward for a fight, and then Chavez and Froch, he wasn't mandatory to the WBC belt now was he? Gee, it's almost as if his circumstances have changed over the past year.

Comment

When Golovkin asked Ward for a fight, and then Chavez and Froch, he wasn't mandatory to the WBC belt now was he? Gee, it's almost as if his circumstances have changed over the past year.
          He doesn't sound like one, he is one.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            He doesn't sound like one, he is one.
            "If you don't want to fight Golovkin, you're a coward!"

"If Golovkin doesn't want to fight you... well, you're still a coward!"

Tweedledum, meet Tweedledee.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              "If you don't want to fight Golovkin, you're a coward!"

"If Golovkin doesn't want to fight you... well, you're still a coward!"

Tweedledum, meet Tweedledee.
              I've been criticizing golovkin quite a bit lately. If you actually read my posts you'd know I never slurped him off like how you do to other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                I've been criticizing golovkin quite a bit lately. If you actually read my posts you'd know I never slurped him off like how you do to other fighters.
                Read your posts?

I don't slurp, I show respect. Fight the best, I show respect. Tyson fought Spinks, Holyfield, Lewis. Mayweather fought about 10 current or future Hall of Famers. Ward fought Kessler, Froch, and has a Kovalev fight signed and sealed for November.

You see? Fight the best. Everyone wins.

Comment

It sounds like he's frustrated at being portrayed incorrectly.

No one's job to fix it but his by truly expressing himself

Comment

Good interview, but two questions he didn't give a straight answer to. When he was asked about Ward, he sort of just said he doesn't want to talk about it and when he was asked about 155, he said it was PR BS and then said he'll only fight at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                      Good interview, but two questions he didn't give a straight answer to. When he was asked about Ward, he sort of just said he doesn't want to talk about it and when he was asked about 155, he said it was PR BS and then said he'll only fight at 160.
                      Someone who knows they're right is transparent not vague and secretive

Comment

Working...
                      X