Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a silent psychopath. GGG interview

I love this guy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...ably_seen_him/

I said it long time ago, if somebody wants to know GGG, should read his interview in russian language or in good translation. He aint a good boy, hehe
    Last edited by From Russia; 02-19-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Great link. Not sure why there aren't more comments on this. Should be required reading for anybody who's posting about GGG in this forum. Especially those who portray GGG as some sort of idiot tourist who's led around by Loeffler and Sanchez. Seems like quite a lot of crap is cleared up here straight from the horse's mouth. Wish he'd give interviews in Russian more often.

Comment

I LOVE this interview. He said let's talk boxing, there's 3 punches: straight, hook, uppercut.

I like that attitude. They don't do enough interviews about boxing related ****. I like those interviews with Floyd, Hopkins and other fighters where they just sit down and talk boxing.

Comment

I've never understood why some people feel the need to turn their favorite boxers into dark comic book heroes. After taunting boxers, then running with his tail tucked because he never really wanted to fight them, I know all I need to know about his mentality.

Comment

Interview made me respect him even more. I never thought he was trying to put on a good guy act. People just misunderstand him.

Hes the type that beats the **** out of you with a smile on his face.

Comment

oooo weeee....

interviewer: ''Okay, a boxing question; maybe you can dispel for us a myth. Did Andre Ward really offer you a fight?''

Golovkin: ''I don’t even want to talk about this guy. Not gonna say anything. ..''

interviewer: ''Are you saying Andre Ward isn’t an American?''

Golovkin: ''…………..Ward… You have to understand, it’s more difficult for me.''

Comment

It's an interesting translation. He didn't literally translate the interview word for word, or translate it directly, he used his interpretation and even "added flair here and there" to make it read more true in English. Here is what the translator said:
                as I said I added flair here and there. The way this was written is very.. Russian, I guess. If this was translated directly it wouldn't read very well. If anything, it would read best if translated in third person, but to translate dialogue without losing context or style.... is very difficult.

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                I said it long time ago, if somebody wants to know GGG, should read his interview in russian language or in good translation. He aint a good boy, hehe
                He's very closed about his personal life & information. I learned this years ago when trying to find out about his family (couldn't find much at all besides a couple well known stories about his brothers).

You can tell he really doesn't like talking to the media, especially this particular person interviewing him (he's annoyed). He seems to understand that with American TV exposure, it's typically just to promote himself and that's it.

What's funny is most people assumed he would be more open to media in Kazakhstan or with Russian speaking media compared to the US, but it's actually the opposite - he's even more closed. He's a private man and goes to lengths to keep it that way, I can respect that.

But yes, I agree with you. Most of us have seen his Russian interviews in the past about Andre Ward a year ago and a couple others where he's much more of a classic ex-Soviet straight-to-the-point, matter of fact & a bit rude/mean. It's awesome haha

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post

interviewer: ''Are you saying Andre Ward isn’t an American?''

Golovkin: ''…………..Ward… You have to understand, it’s more difficult for me.''
                  So you're just going to leave out context huh? He's saying it's more difficult for himself to get fights and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I've never understood why some people feel the need to turn their favorite boxers into dark comic book heroes. After taunting boxers, then running with his tail tucked because he never really wanted to fight them, I know all I need to know about his mentality.
                    Who the hell did he run away from?

Comment

Working...
                    X