Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya, Jerry Jones Meet To Discuss Canelo-Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Dana White explained it best, a sellout at Dallas Stadium doesn't compete financially with MGM in Vegas. Overhead on stadium shows are too high, and MGM simply give you their arena and a bulk of the ticket revenue.

Canelo/Kirkland actually lost money at Minute Maid Park for the regional promoters(b/c they priced the tickets too low and didn't meet expectations).
    But didn't canelo fight trout in texas? If they fought in Texas before then something must have worked for them to fight Kirkland in texas and now maybe GGG in cowboys stadium?

Comment

If Canelo budges on the weight chances are GGG would accept a fight in Texas. It would sell a **** ton of tickets, and there is a reasonable chance it doesn't go to a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Dana White explained it best, a sellout at Dallas Stadium doesn't compete financially with MGM in Vegas. Overhead on stadium shows are too high, and MGM simply give you their arena and a bulk of the ticket revenue.

Canelo/Kirkland actually lost money at Minute Maid Park for the regional promoters(b/c they priced the tickets too low and didn't meet expectations).
        some links please where states they lost money by fighting at Minute Maid Park
        Last edited by whoseyourdaddy; 02-19-2016, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
          some links please where states they lost money by fighting at Minute Maid Park
          http://www.expressnews.com/sports/co...er-6483155.php

Basically, Leija-Battah Promotions lost money because they showed their inexperience and undercharged for tickets, despite agreeing to pay $3 million to Golden Boy for the live gate.

Comment

If GGG has to choose between caving in on weight or location, it better not be the location. Canelo in Texas means pre-filled scorecards.

Comment

If GGG did 97k the Canelo/Cotto did less than 650 (two big stars)

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              GGG is not going to fight Canelo is Texas. Oscar may as well get that thought out of his head. Canelo enters the fight ahead on the scorecards 4 rounds to none in Texas. If Canelo hits the deck he'll get the slowest 10 count ever seen. Laurence Cole will be the ref. Nobody wants that fight in Texas
              K2 snd GGG want it in Texas. They know it's not going 12.

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              I think Canelo is backed Into a corner. He's being pressured by the wbc and by the boxing world to take this fight. GGG can stand firm on coming in at 160 and Canelo will have no choice but to vacate or fight. If he vacates his reputation will take a giant hit and will lose the respect of his fanbase.
              I think Canelo is feeling the pressure.

Articles like this pop up.

http://www.thefightcity.com/are-boxi...-miguel-cotto/

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              ggg dont have a mf'n choice he is the B side by about 900k ppvs lol
              Funny, you use Glaser's low number for GGG, but ignore he said Cotto/Canelo barley broke 600,000.

Two established PPV Stars got 600,000 in a Mexican v PR rivalry.

But you want to dog on GGG first ever PPV with a Canadian no one knew.

Funny how you selectively chose which low number to use.

https://www.facebook.com/rick.glaser...08414988556930

Comment

Originally posted by doubletake View Post
                http://www.expressnews.com/sports/co...er-6483155.php

Basically, Leija-Battah Promotions lost money because they showed their inexperience and undercharged for tickets, despite agreeing to pay $3 million to Golden Boy for the live gate.
                Can you copy and paste the link? Says you have to be a member

Comment

Canelo should not budge from 155. Give gg a taste of his own medicine

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBPP View Post
                    If Canelo budges on the weight chances are GGG would accept a fight in Texas. It would sell a **** ton of tickets, and there is a reasonable chance it doesn't go to a decision.
                    I think k2 is pushing Texas. I think they want to take Canelo out in front of his base.

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                    same **** we heard for the winner of canelo cotto...and 2ndly canelo doesnt give a damn about that title...it didnt get him 900k ppv buys or a full area...HE DID...he makes that belt..but i hope you're right i hope he drops it for GGG...GGG deserves it
                    Since you love Glaser's numbers, Canelo/Cotto did less than 650,000 buys--two established PPV stars and a Mexico/pr match.

At least be consistent.

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    If Canelo gets past Khan then i think this fight will be next. GGG about to get raped in the talks.
                    It will be 70/30. They won't try for much more because it'll go to purse bid, where it'd be 70/30 anyways.

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                    Wsup Jedi Progressive Jedi wsup?!

Why won't you answer my question..?!

Did you go see the movie you f ucking star wars groupie?

BWaHahaHAHaahaHAHahahaHAHaHA!!!
                    Did you think I suddenly was gonna give a **** about your juvenile question.

But don't stop posting this ****. I'm a a-s-s-h-o-l-e, but I ain't you. So I can live with myself.

You really should take my advice, save up and hire a hooker. Something has to give.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      Canelo should not budge from 155. Give gg a taste of his own medicine
                      GGG never asked for a CW from another MW chamion. CW Canelo has been doing nothing but CW.

Besides, Ward had Dawson come all the way to 168. GGG was supposedly meeting in middle. Although Ward never got an offer for 164 anyways. At least GGG was willing to come up, Ward wasn't giving Dawson a single pound.

Comment

Working...
                      X