Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Couldn't Hurt Cotto, What Happens With GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Canelo can box then. He has the skill to box. He made Trout look silly imo. He'll box circles around Golovkin.
    How and where did he make Trout look silly?

I agree that he had the more meaningful punches the entire night, but Trout was hardly made to look silly. The open scoring was a farce.

Comment

• Originally posted by casheddie View Post
      Your trying to say he means anybody fighting between 154 and 160. But what he said was 154 and 160. Meaning any lightmiddleweight and any middleweight can't last with GGG.

Spin it how you like dude

They pulled that " anyone from 154-168 " schtick FOR YEARS !!

Comment

• Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
        Sorry, but Canelo is a middleweight. How do we know this?…because he can’t make JMW - if he could he’d be fighting at 154. So, Canelo is a MW. The best weight-cutting MW in boxing. And he uses that to gain the maximum size advantage over smaller guys (Cotto, Kahn), or in GGG’s case, to drain an opponent as much as possible and still outweigh him in the ring. He gets away with it because he’s a cash cow. And while it’s completely fine if opponents are willing to do it for the payday, it’s pretty pathetic to parade around as a MW champ and require other guys in the division to drop 5 lbs more than they’re used to if they want a MW title fight. Doesn’t matter if he’s never weighed in anywhere near 160 or fought a guy who did. I’m sure if GGG couldn’t make 160 anymore and took a title at SMW, you’d have no problem with him making 168lbers come down to 161….

Nah, that is just the convenient perspective of a biased casual fan.

The bold is absurd.

FACT: Canelo weighed 160 at the 7-day weigh-in.

If you knew anything about making weight, you would realize that.

And how arrogant can you get kid, telling a professional fighter what weight he can/cannot make

Canelo can obviously make 154, that fact has been confirmed by his team.

Maybe you aren't aware, but Reynoso stated why years ago.

When Canelo fought at welter, he weighed 150..... when Canelo fought at JMW, he weighed 155..... they do it to preserve Canelo's career.

At welter they stated that Canelo can still make 147, but he will only do so for big fights as it can be a struggle, and we want to preserve Canelo's career.

it is fkn unprofessional imho, Canelo should have more respect for his opponents..... but that does not make him a middleweight.

I do agree with you about his weight-cutting, but the fact remains that if you can make 154 and be healthy for 12 rounds (and he ABSOLUTELY could have in his last fight vs Cotto) then you are a JMW.

Canelo will be a middleweight when he undertakes a training camp that is designed to prepare him for 160, so that he can fight a middleweight opponent..... JUST LIKE GOLOVKIN..... and JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE

Seriously, stop being silly..... what fkn middleweight weighs 155 ?

Name one ?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          So the WBC and lineal MW champion doesn't have to fight at the MW limit, because he's not a MW.

But he's still the WBC and lineal MW champion.

Am I the only one who thinks that's insane?

Not against Golovkin.

Canelo should drop the belt if he is not prepared to defend it at 160.

That point is clearly obvious.

And a few days ago I suggested that even though Team Hypekin deserve every critical comment they get for refusing to fight Canelo at 155, we should not support this situation because Golovkin will not be the only middlewight who has to drop to 155 to land a Canelo fight.....

But seriously fk Golovkin, that hypejob can chew lettuce or kick rocks.

He pulled that exact same **** on Ward, regardless as to your childish/dishonest spin..... AND, he used that " A-side " crap to justify it.

So yea, he can chew lettuce for a real A-side fighter.

You don't get to pull that pu55y catchweight **** yesterday, and then cry about the integrity of boxing today. He made his bed, he can lie in it.

And the ONLY reason why you disagree, is because it doesn't suit your guy..... so you don't get to wank on to me about your SUDDEN interest in the integrity of boxing either..... Mr two-face.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Nah, that is just the convenient perspective of a biased casual fan.

The bold is absurd.

FACT: Canelo weighed 160 at the 7-day weigh-in.

If you knew anything about making weight, you would realize that.

And how arrogant can you get kid, telling a professional fighter what weight he can/cannot make

Canelo can obviously make 154, that fact has been confirmed by his team.

Maybe you aren't aware, but Reynoso stated why years ago.

When Canelo fought at welter, he weighed 150..... when Canelo fought at JMW, he weighed 155..... they do it to preserve Canelo's career.

At welter they stated that Canelo can still make 147, but he will only do so for big fights as it can be a struggle, and we want to preserve Canelo's career.

it is fkn unprofessional imho, Canelo should have more respect for his opponents..... but that does not make him a middleweight.

I do agree with you about his weight-cutting, but the fact remains that if you can make 154 and be healthy for 12 rounds (and he ABSOLUTELY could have in his last fight vs Cotto) then you are a JMW.

Canelo will be a middleweight when he undertakes a training camp that is designed to prepare him for 160, so that he can fight a middleweight opponent..... JUST LIKE GOLOVKIN..... and JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE

Seriously, stop being silly..... what fkn middleweight weighs 155 ?

Name one ?
            Canelo at the 30 day for Cotto came in at 168. GGG at the 30 day for Lemieux came in at 165.

Lots of guys who walk around 170+ can make 154. I’m sure Canelo can, too. As can GGG. If YOU knew anything about making weight, there comes a point where a fighter’s going to go too far and become a walking corpse no matter how much he rehydrates before getting in the ring. When’s the last time Canelo fought as a JMW? Mayweather? At some point a fighter’s only going to be losing muscle. Go to the grocery store and look at a 16oz. steak and tell me that doesn’t make a difference never mind the severely debilitating and dangerous side effects of dehydration. Why on earth would Canelo venture up to MW when he could easily stay at JMW and get in the ring with guys who are smaller? Heck, he could even call guys up from WW...

As for Reynoso, is he one of those trainers who always speaks the truth? Kinda the opposite of Sanchez in your mind….Or is it only truth when it suits your agenda?

Canelo fought welterweight at 150? When? It’s 147 across the board. According to Boxrec his last WW fight was in 2010, You saying he was 150 at the weigh in for a welterweight fight? WTF are you talking about here? And, what JMW fights did Canelo have at 155?

Unfortunately for Canelo, not all MWs are 155lbers. But ALL 155lbers are MWs.
            Last edited by bug0092; 02-17-2016, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• Good post...

Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
              Canelo at the 30 day for Cotto came in at 168. GGG at the 30 day for Lemieux came in at 165.

Lots of guys who walk around 170+ can make 154. I’m sure Canelo can, too. As can GGG. If YOU knew anything about making weight, there comes a point where a fighter’s going to go too far and become a walking corpse no matter how much he rehydrates before getting in the ring. When’s the last time Canelo fought as a JMW? Mayweather? At some point a fighter’s only going to be losing muscle. Go to the grocery store and look at a 16oz. steak and tell me that doesn’t make a difference never mind the severely debilitating and dangerous side effects of dehydration. Why on earth would Canelo venture up to MW when he could easily stay at JMW and get in the ring with guys who are smaller? Heck, he could even call guys up from WW...

As for Reynoso, is he one of those trainers who always speaks the truth? Kinda the opposite of Sanchez in your mind….Or is it only truth when it suits your agenda?

Canelo fought welterweight at 150? When? It’s 147 across the board. According to Boxrec his last WW fight was in 2010, You saying he was 150 at the weigh in for a welterweight fight? WTF are you talking about here? And, what JMW fights did Canelo have at 155?

Good post here. You understand what draining a fighter does. Against Mayweather, Canelo was drained as bad as I've ever seen a fighter drained. Think Oscar against Manny. Canelo is a very muscular fighter with little body fat to sacrifice. That means he lost muscle to make 152lbs. Floyd looked big as hell as usual and was juiced to the gills. Trust me, Canelo would've used his ring IQ and pressured Floyd all night long if he had the energy. He knew he would gas if he had done it that night. I DARE Floyd to fight him right now. He gets his assed kicked and possibly stopped. Anyway, the GGG fight WILL happen. Canelo isn't afraid of no fighter. Last time I checked, he has two legacy wins. Lara/Cotto. How many does GGG have? Canelo deserves a softer touch after the last 6 fights he's given us. He's been on fire since the loss to Floyd. he's fighting guys at 155lbs. What's wrong with that? Everyone is fighting at a healthy weight and he isn't draining his opponents. He is the money draw. He can do that. When it comes time to fight GGG though, It HAS to be at 160lb. He can beat GGG.

Comment

hush then.

If you can make 154, and stay healthy for 12 rounds, then you are a JMW.

Golovkin can have that fight whenever he wants.

Comment

Kid, name one ?

just one ?

When Canelo is a middleweight..... he will undertake a training camp that is designed to prepare him for 160, and he will fight a middleweight opponent..... until then, rock yourself off to sleep by playing with your Golovkin doll.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                    Good post here. You understand what draining a fighter does. Against Mayweather, Canelo was drained as bad as I've ever seen a fighter drained. Think Oscar against Manny. Canelo is a very muscular fighter with little body fat to sacrifice. That means he lost muscle to make 152lbs. Floyd looked big as hell as usual and was juiced to the gills. Trust me, Canelo would've used his ring IQ and pressured Floyd all night long if he had the energy. He knew he would gas if he had done it that night. I DARE Floyd to fight him right now. He gets his assed kicked and possibly stopped. Anyway, the GGG fight WILL happen. Canelo isn't afraid of no fighter. Last time I checked, he has two legacy wins. Lara/Cotto. How many does GGG have? Canelo deserves a softer touch after the last 6 fights he's given us. He's been on fire since the loss to Floyd. he's fighting guys at 155lbs. What's wrong with that? Everyone is fighting at a healthy weight and he isn't draining his opponents. He is the money draw. He can do that. When it comes time to fight GGG though, It HAS to be at 160lb. He can beat GGG.

hey, pacstain.....

you accepted manny-weight for 5 years, so get used to canelo-weight

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      Kid, name one ?

just one ?

When Canelo is a middleweight..... he will undertake a training camp that is designed to prepare him for 160, and he will fight a middleweight opponent..... until then, rock yourself off to sleep by playing with your Golovkin doll.
                      I'll repeat again...NOT ALL MWs are 155lbers. I can name one, like GGG, or I can name all the other middleweights out there...Jacobs, Saunders, Lemieux, etc..not a single one of them is demanding a MW fight at 155. Therefore, they are not 155lbers.

For the record, I wish GGG had fought Ward - I just feel, unlike you, that he wasn't obligated to do so. And any unbiased follower of boxing would acknowledge that Ward didn't put forth much of an effort to make the fight happen. I also hope GGG will drop 2 or 3 pounds and make the fight with Canelo happen even though on principle he shouldn't. My attachment isn't to GGG or any particular fighter, it's to facts and reason. Finally, I'm not a kid and I don't play with dolls. You, however, seem to come unhinged anytime Golovkin's name is mentioned -- you're one of the most childish posters on this board. Your lack of intelligent rebuttal to all my previous comments speaks for itself. Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                      X