Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
    Now I know you don't know what you are talking about. How can it lack depth if he's beaten Hopkins and Toney? Jones had power there, Jones had reflex like the Matrix. He was a deadly combination puncher with power coming from both hands. He would frustrate GGG and knock him out. GGG wouldn't be walking down nor into Jones, which would play into Jones' strength. GGG walk down fighters who has no respectable power. When ggg gets hit with power he backs up and he doesn't fight well go backwards, because I think he lacks athleticism. Another thing he does, is that he throws every punch with power, which means he will gas quickly, especially against guys who can and will make him miss punches. He also sets to punch which doesn't work well against skill fighters. Watch what Hopkins did to Trinidad who likes to set to get off his power punches.
    U mean like lemeuix who was a known puncher who yourselves and the like actually said golovkin would be tested...I can go back to your posts before the lemeuix fights and post then if you want ...then your be embarrassed lol......wasn't lemeuix the puncher that could hurt golovkin by so many people on here ? He had the power ? Now all of a sudden golovkin has not faced anybody with power GTFOH you troll ....how many times has Jones been knocked out now ? Jones would have to sit down on his punches to even put a dent in triple GGG and that when Jones would feel his power and get back in his bike...beating a pazienza,vaca,Tate,Castro...golovkin is a far superior fighter than your giving credit for and its been proven with the way he just walks through everybody that has the courage to face him in the ring....when golovkin breaks canelo in two what's your excuse gonna be...because you better think of a good one

Comment

John Jackson is right and he is also a helluva trainer. Hagler, Jones and Toney would have embarrassed GGG. Marvin busts him up and stops him mid to late rds. Marvin rips his heart out and eats it right in front of him. Once he realized he was in with a superior boxer and fighter that he couldn't hurt, a fighter who was catching and hurting him though consistently,panic would have began to set in, and he would have begun to fall apart mentally, make desperation moves and mistakes, something you can't do with Marvin.

If you fall apart mentally Marvin would eat you alive. He brings nothing to the table Marvin has not seen and dominated in convincing fashion. His power would have not been a factor in with Marvin because Marvin has taken shots from one punch knockout artists who couldn't make him blink much less hurt him.

GGG beats fighters with an accumulation of punches. Marvin has also beat fighters and matched boxing skills with fighters who were far superior boxers than GGG and came out on top, Duran and Leonard are just some examples.Incidentally Marvin won the Leonard fight while being well past his prime.

And dominated Duran contrary to the views of the biased sports announcers who were announcing the fight that night. Al Bernstein was the only person calling that fight right that night. Roy Jones and James Toney would have just cruised to a unanimous decision by outboxing him. I always say Marvin would have koed him because Marvin had the killer instinct that Toney and Jones didnt have. Marvin always entered his fights desiring to punish and flatten you.
      Last edited by dray435; 02-01-2016, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Gotta disagree with JDJ, he's looking through rose tinted glasses and reminiscing on his days as a MW. But fact is Tony never schooled any top level MW and lost to guys worst than GGG. Not saying GGG would beat him but it's a 50/50 fight.

As for Jones, he never looked u super against world class fighters even at MW, he might beat GGG but it'll be far from a schooling.

But I'm MW for a fact GGG would have taken JDJ out at MW so he should probably keep quiet and just enjoy training Kova while it lasts.
        Last edited by SilverMiles; 02-01-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Now I know you don't know what you are talking about. How can it lack depth if he's beaten Hopkins and Toney? Jones had power there, Jones had reflex like the Matrix. He was a deadly combination puncher with power coming from both hands. He would frustrate GGG and knock him out. GGG wouldn't be walking down nor into Jones, which would play into Jones' strength. GGG walk down fighters who has no respectable power. When ggg gets hit with power he backs up and he doesn't fight well go backwards, because I think he lacks athleticism. Another thing he does, is that he throws every punch with power, which means he will gas quickly, especially against guys who can and will make him miss punches. He also sets to punch which doesn't work well against skill fighters. Watch what Hopkins did to Trinidad who likes to set to get off his power punches.
          Hopkins lost every round to kovalev and was completely owned ...kovalev was carried out the ring uncontious against golovkin in sparring ..you do the comparison ...and golovkin is a much smaller fighter .....skill wise golovkin is on the same level as any toney or Hopkins you talk about....34 - 31 kos ....but he all can keep doing is keep winning and you keep making excuses lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
            look face it ...your black and u side towards black fighters always...I've seen it 100 times in what you have posted in the past....literally any post regarding golovkin you have trolled the on him...that's why people don't take you serious on here....your racist buddy ....I've seen just as many fights of toney or Jones as you son...I grew up boxing in there era so don't talk to me about what I have seen lol.....I've seen them all and probably much more than you.....golovkin is the real deal and he warrants respect as champion and especially as an amateur ...there has been whites that have outshone the blacks in boxing mr racist it has happened lol....monzon,Chavez,Marciano,calzaghe,fenech,Kost ya,Sanchez,golovkin,kovalev,klitchko ...it just happens that golovkin is a beast and the blacks don't like it lol.......golovkin last opponent you were also writing that he gets beat because he is hyped...golovkin beat the man with just his jab lol......golovkin would break down toney and stop him and Jones would be on his bike for 12 rounds....

race has nothing to do with the media pumping up GGG like he has fought great competition and he hasnt

I respect your opinion but I dont agree with you...as I said before GGG hasnt shown that he could deal with the slickness, inside game and counters of a toney type or the speed, elusveness and unorthodox punching of Jones

Comment

That's not a prime Toney. Roy, McCallum, Toney, Hagler, Leonard, Hearns, all beat Golovkin. I doubt Golovkin beats a middle weight Trinidad or Oscar. Why? We have not really seen him fight anyone yet.
              Now you're just being ridiculous. Oscar couldn't even beat Felix Sturm at middleweight, and Golovkin is a hell of a lot better than Sturm ever was. He'd crush both Oscar and Trinidad.

Comment

Beat him? Maybe. School him? I doubt it. You need to have alot of skills to have the olympic and amateur background like GGG. Toney could beat him but I would have ask Roid to take testing

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                  Hopkins lost every round to kovalev and was completely owned ...kovalev was carried out the ring uncontious against golovkin in sparring ..you do the comparison ...and golovkin is a much smaller fighter .....skill wise golovkin is on the same level as any toney or Hopkins you talk about....34 - 31 kos ....but he all can keep doing is keep winning and you keep making excuses lol.
                  Soooooo, the 50yr old Hopkins and the Hopkins that totally destroyed Tito are the same guy on whatever planet you're on?????

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
                    No need to bring anybody back from the past ,CANELO is going to school GGG then knock him out cold in spectacular fashion, KO of the year Kirkland Style!

EVERYBODY KNOWS GOLOVKIN HAS NOT FACED THE BEST , AND DUCKS ELITE FIGHTERS , FANS AND PEOPLE INSIDE THE SPORT ARE FED UP WITH THE CIRCUS ACT BUM FEST !

-CANELO = THE TRUTH
                    GGG = HYPEJOB

-SIGN THE DEAL GENNADY !
                    -CANELO GIVES GGG HIS FIRST LOSS
                    -CANELO IS CLEARLY THE BETTER BOXER
                    -CANELO BEATS GGG AT ANY WEIGHT

ONLY 21% THAT IS HOW MUCH COTTO & KIRKLAND EACH LANDED ON CANELO , GOLOVKIN IS TOO SLOW AND ROBOTIC , & HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE PUNCH KO POWER AND HE DOES NOT THROW COMBINATIONS. CANELO IS TOO FAST AND TOO SLICK FOR GGG TO DEAL WITH.

-NIGHT NIGHT GGG/DDD(Diva Ducking Daily)!

LMAO..how many alts do you have son? Seriously...talk about delusional posts. You may have set the threshold for worst post of 2016 so far. Canelo fast? LMAO.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      race has nothing to do with the media pumping up GGG like he has fought great competition and he hasnt

I respect your opinion but I dont agree with you...as I said before GGG hasnt shown that he could deal with the slickness, inside game and counters of a toney type or the speed, elusveness and unorthodox punching of Jones
                      Until golovkin gets beaten or even gets tested then we can he wasn't ...but until a fighter comes along that can actually test him let alone beat him then he deserves my respect and he will keep continuing getting my respect....I respect all fighters who have great abilty in the ring whether iits Crawford, wilder or kovalev....triple GGG has simply walked through every fighter that has the courage to step in the ring with him and it's not golovkins fault that he is being avoided...listen I will give you one thing...Roy Jones ..James toney,Hopkins,MCCallum ,Benn all would have least faced and not been affraid of him that's for sure and that's ahalf the battle.....the canelo,saunders,quiilins of this world are scared ****less of him

Comment

Working...
                      X