Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
    Look when golovkin has beaten canelo,Jacobs,Saunders and then moved up and beat a Degale how will you consider him then ......resume wise he is not there yet....skill wise he is and when he beats everybody they can throw at him then we will talk.....I don't anybody beating golovkn as 160 or even 168.....he has not even been pushed yet lol
    Skill wise? I can't do that. He looks really good now, but I know how these things turn out. Anyone can look good fighting cans, even Charlie Z. Plenty fighters looks good at the beginning and then fall apart once they step up in competition. You know who I think is really good? I think Kovalev is really good, and that fight between him and Ward will be 50/50.

Comment

Comment

So how come I picked hagler in my previous post then ?
        It was a smart choice. Hagler has proven himself. You might be afraid of the majority backlash going against a consensus atg in Hagler, but I bet you feel like since Jones and Toney are in recent memory making a fool of themselves while still bears a name, they were fair game. But, that is just wrong. Those two, in their prime, were super fighters, and as such deserve their props. Let GGG earn his.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
          About time! Any betting man would pick Jones or Toney. Why? Because they have proven themselves. It is not about them being black. But, you picked GGG without him proving himself, so since you lack any notable evidence and brought up race, and mentioned white fighters who have beaten black fighters, I believe you're picking GGG is because of his skin color, which will no doubt point to you as the racist. I like how racists always exposed themselves, because they ran out of patience waiting for the top to change into their likings.
          Obviously you don't read my posts then do you....nothing to with preference of colour as it seems to me when it's involving the pugilist,yours truly,TMT,shoulder roll ....as I have already stated hagler could have beat golovkin because he was made of iron...could switch, would break you down and had 75 inch reach and a brilliant precision counter puncher...Jones relied on speed and movement and he just would have been on the move for 12 rounds .....Jones middleweight resume also lacked in depth besides Hopkins and toney.....toney lost two Jones and was lazy .....golovkin can hold his own with both of them

Comment

no argument but GGG needs 2 stay @ MW, not go up...many good bouts 4 him...

Comment

The Toney that challenged Nigel Benn = GGG goes down in 7 rounds.
              The Jones that beat Toney = GGG goes down inside of 5 rounds.

Frankly I haven't been impressed with hardly anything I've seen of Ward. I mean his early fights were a little beautiful, but later fights were boring and not convincing in my opinion, and he's been too inactive. I think GGG pressures him to a stoppage.

Canelo's robbed too many fighters. GGG beating him (which I don't think would happen) would be big for his career but he'd have to do it with zero doubt.

If GGG is able to beat Billy Joe Saunders convincingly? He'll have proven himself in my eyes. Hell, if he can beat Chris Eubank Jr I'll give him the nod even though I don't think much of Eubank Jr on the big stage. Jacobs would get outclassed.
              Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 02-01-2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

ggg's opposition isn't is fault but fact is all of his opponents were there to be hit, except for maybe ouma because of his awkward style

bhop, rjj and toney were fighters who were hard to hit flush. forget slickness I would like to see ggg fight a sound defensive fighter who knows how to counterpunch to keep him thinking instead of punching

Comment

It was a smart choice. Hagler has proven himself. You might be afraid of the majority backlash going against a consensus atg in Hagler, but I bet you feel like since Jones and Toney are in recent memory making a fool of themselves while still bears a name, they were fair game. But, that is just wrong. Those two, in their prime, were super fighters, and as such deserve their props. Let GGG earn his.
                  Look at my signature mate....who is it...sugar ray .who did I travel to Madison square garden and Vegas to see win..Lennox Lewis .....nothing to do with the backlash lol.....I simply favour hagler because he had that toughness and meanness that matches golovkin...his punches were like razors he would cut you to ribbons...I see him with sibson, roldan, Mugabi he took everything and just kept on you...that's the only way to beat golovkin.....you can't run for 12 rounds and if you fight you have to be made of steel .hagler was that

Comment

Exactly! It is just like when ppl watch Floyd at 147-154 and say he's overrated, but not realizing that they are looking at the tail end of his career. People need to watch a 130-140 Mayweather to really see how good he was. Like now, they are seeing Roy getting concussed every fight and Toney a next meal away from a heart attack and judge them based on that. Roy and Toney were so good they were able to traverse weight classes beating top fighter in those classes. GGG hasn't even fought the best guy in his weight class, but not to say he is to be blamed, but nevertheless, facts are facts.
                    I don't blame GGG for the top middleweights not wanting to fight him. But I do blame him for not being willing to move up and chase better competition and defining fights. The reality is, Andre Ward was to GGG when Toney was to Jones. It would have been this era's Jones-Toney and GGG flatout didn't want it.

Of course all his lawyers will run to his defense talking about Ward was inactive, couldn't fight, wanted a tune-up, yada, yada. But when the fight first startes picking up steam, none of that was in the reasoning for GGG not wanting the fight. First it didn't make financial sense. Then it was he wantes ro unify titles. Then he wanted it at 164. Maybe it will happen down the road. But not wanting to fight Ward is gonna be a stain on GGG's career for a long time. Maybe forever.

Comment

Obviously you don't read my posts then do you....nothing to with preference of colour as it seems to me when it's involving the pugilist,yours truly,TMT,shoulder roll ....as I have already stated hagler could have beat golovkin because he was made of iron...could switch, would break you down and had 75 inch reach and a brilliant precision counter puncher...Jones relied on speed and movement and he just would have been on the move for 12 rounds .....Jones middleweight resume also lacked in depth besides Hopkins and toney.....toney lost two Jones and was lazy .....golovkin can hold his own with both of them
                      Now I know you don't know what you are talking about. How can it lack depth if he's beaten Hopkins and Toney? Jones had power there, Jones had reflex like the Matrix. He was a deadly combination puncher with power coming from both hands. He would frustrate GGG and knock him out. GGG wouldn't be walking down nor into Jones, which would play into Jones' strength. GGG walk down fighters who has no respectable power. When ggg gets hit with power he backs up and he doesn't fight well go backwards, because I think he lacks athleticism. Another thing he does, is that he throws every punch with power, which means he will gas quickly, especially against guys who can and will make him miss punches. He also sets to punch which doesn't work well against skill fighters. Watch what Hopkins did to Trinidad who likes to set to get off his power punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X