Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carloscruz10009 View Post
    154-168 tho?
    Hell, Roy and Toney started at middleweight and eventually competed at heavyweight. GGG won't even go up one division.

Comment

• Both would be Golovkins toughest test... Period. You'd have to be a moron to think otherwise. A prime Jones didn't show a soft chin, would have all the physical advantages, speed/power advantage and and IQ to match. Toney would be Golovkins toughest test defensively. Golovkin is a great fighter but hasn't fought anyone the caliber opponents Jones and Toney did.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        How the hell was James Toney unproven when Roy fought him? He was an undefeated, two division champ and was top 5 on every credible P4P list.

Hopkins was "unproven" when he fought Roy. But, after Roy beat him, he didn't lost again for well over a decade. Hindsight says he was probably very good and underappreciated whenhe fought Roy.
        I wouldnt even waste my time with ole dude...he doesnt even believe that Bull he is crapping

Comment

Hell, Roy and Toney started at middleweight and eventually competed at heavyweight. GGG won't even go up one division.
          And both were on steroids.

Comment

How the hell was James Toney unproven when Roy fought him? He was an undefeated, two division champ and was top 5 on every credible P4P list.

Hopkins was "unproven" when he fought Roy. But, after Roy beat him, he didn't lost again for well over a decade. Hindsight says he was probably very good and underappreciated whenhe fought Roy.
            Tell em' how it is!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              Look I never said it would be easy for golovkin but I also don't think the Jones or the toneys would school golovkin ..that's just blind predudice talking ...and we can say what ever we want and until the day golovkin gets tested let alone beaten who are they to say he gets schooled......the point I made about Jones is this.....first I want to say he was an extraordinary talent in the ring but his reign at middlweight was also knocked because it lacked P4P fighters at the time both Hopkins and toney were also unproven....it's no difference if golovkin destroys canelo and yet after canelo beats everybody he faces at jnr Middle weight and makes himself an ATG ..Jones beat toney and Hopkins and in my opinion was a a lot better than those two...Hopkins hardly won a round in there first encounter and toney probably win about 3 rounds.....you can't knock triple GGG untill he gets beat and if he has beaten everybody they put in front then respect is due...it's that simple....I'm saying he beats everybody but when people say he can't carry there jockstraps that's just ignorance and pure resentment.....the man has hardly lost a round yet lol
              I'm a fan of Floyd and even I wouldn't say that he cant be "knocked" cause he beat everyone he faced.

Toney was quite proven when he fought Roy actually, I mean GGG is in a very very weak era of middleweights. If he had been around when Pavlik and Abraham were at middleweight and knocked them out then I would be more inclined to agree with you. I mean tell me why someone like Martin Murray would make it past 6 with Roy? lol.

It's a credit to GGG that JDJ had to mention greats from the past to bring GGG down but he's not that far off with his assessments of how the fights would play out if you're not a GGG fanboy.

Comment

but they ducking doe....he a monster doe

screw dat, thats an excuse...his resume is trash in comparison to his hype..good fighter, ledger doesnt measure up

Comment

• I disagree that anyone beats prime 154 or 160 Roy Jones.

And I mean anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    And both were on steroids.
                    Toney was yes. To my knowledge, RJ's only performance enhancing controversy was against Richard Hall, at light heavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      ...so you assumed that I dont because Im not big on GGG...Im not from Missouri but a fighter has to show me how good they are by beating good or great opposition...he hasnt beat the competition that Jones or Toney did to pr0ove themselves

because I point out his resume is crap besides proven fighters of the past that makes me a racist?...he hasnt been in the ring with anyone near the talent or success of Jones and Toney.

Look at all the inside skill of this fight...I dont think GGG can handle either guy(McCallum)...especially the way Monroe who isnt even ranked with just decent speed touched him up....Toney eats up come forward types, just like Jones does and GGG isnt that hard to hit. I doubt GGG could beat McCallum at 160...(McCallum was dropped once, never stopped and fought good to great punchers like Julian Jackson, Jones, Toney)

look at these guys on the inside and mid range where GGG specializes...as soon as he would miss he would pay

Thank you for pointing out he hasnt faced anyone of their calibre or near it
                      I think you seriously underestimate golovkins inside game.....the way he places them body shots and then turns his fist as it lands...his punch selection, he is far from wild and has great punch selection and placement...he shots to the body and then comes straight to the head.....you don't have over 345 wins as an amatuer in 350 fights to be poorly schooled lol.....I have never once said that golovkin has the same resume as hagler, Hopkins or toneys......but if you can't see how good golovkin is with his footwork and timing your not watching closely.....your talking about a fighter who completely won a fight with a single jab in his last fight...to say the jones,Hopkins or toneys will school him is totally over exaggerated and untill a fighter comes long that makes golovkin like amateurish then no one can discredit him......no one has even remotely tested him yet let alone beat him

Comment

Working...
                      X