Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    I don't really understand how people miss GGG's skill, does he have to move around on the backfoot? do the Philly shell?
    GGG is skilled as far as delivering his offense. He may even be the best offensive fighter in the game. But defensively, he's average, at best. He's also a tad one dimensional with his offense in that if you're not moving away from him, he's not nearly as effective.

Comment

Most likely. So what? It's not exactly something to be ashamed of if Golovkin would lose to two of the greatest fighters ever.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        He's not hating. GGG is a good lil fighter. But he's not in Roy Jones or James Toney's league. Athletically, GGG couldn't do anything with Roy. He's just too slow and robotic. And James Toney was basically Floyd Mayweather with punching power. Roy would be fearfuk of GGG's power. So he'd keep his distance and outpoint him rather easily. As for Toney. We've never seen GGG have to dig deep. So I don't know how he woild react. But Toney would slip and counter the hell outta GGG. And it would basically be up to Gennady how he wants to go out. Keep his distance and get outpointed. Or keeping coming and get stopped. Not hating, those two are just better fighters than GGG.
        You're seriously missing on GGG's skills. prime Jones would arguably beat any MW and SMW in history. The speed and reflexes were out of this world. But regarding Toney I strongly disagree. GGG is a great body puncher and has a world class jab. Toney is relatively stationary and he is not throwing enough to win rounds. He maybe survives to the decision, but the punishment he takes there far exceeds what Jirov dished out. And unlike Jirov, GGG is defensively responsible. Bad, bad stylistic match-up for Toney. If Jones just outpointed him due to big speed difference, GGG would punish his body severely.

Comment

Roy yea, I can see him making GGG miss and paying for it. Toney sitting in the ring trying to bang with him would be a toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
            You're seriously missing on GGG's skills. prime Jones would arguably beat any MW and SMW in history. The speed and reflexes were out of this world. But regarding Toney I strongly disagree. GGG is a great body puncher and has a world class jab. Toney is relatively stationary and he is not throwing enough to win rounds. He maybe survives to the decision, but the punishment he takes there far exceeds what Jirov dished out. And unlike Jirov, GGG is defensively responsible. Bad, bad stylistic match-up for Toney. If Jones just outpointed him due to big speed difference, GGG would punish his body severely.
            I'm not missing GGG's skills. I just don't thibk he has elite or ATG skills. In regards to Toney. GGG wouldn't be fighting the fat, outta shape, cruiserweight version of Toney that Jirov fought. You also act like Toney would be standing there eating shots from GGG. GGG would be eating a lotta counters. I think it would come down to who's landing more. And I think Toney makes GGG miss and pay enough to win the fight rather easily.

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
              Dude, you are talking about old as washed up James Toney. I suggest you watch his early career.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Dude, you are talking about old as washed up James Toney. I suggest you watch his early career.
                Yeah, I'm confused why Jirov would be brought up. That was cruiserweight Toney, not prime Toney.

Comment

JDJ is absolutely correct here ..GGG has t even been tested yet and you got clowns comparing him to Hagler

Comment

Toney vs GGG would be a sick clash of styles.

Comment

JDJ to Abel Sanchez: You dissed my fighter, so I'm dissing yours.

Comment

Working...
                      X