Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
    I keep deleting my posts because that shi t stain texasboi keeps editing my posts!
    What a ****ing loser!

Comment

It's hard to say how great GGG really is. While he has beaten a lot of quality Middleweights he has yet to face the best in his division.

But it's not his fault that the elite of the division have yet to fight him. Guys have vacated their titles, they have negotiated their way into other bigger money making fights, and have other promotional ties that won't allow them to face GGG.

He should though have faced Ward by now. But both are to blame for not making that fight happen when the opportunity was there.

Canelo will face him in September. That's when we will see how good he really is.

I agree with Jackson about Roy Jones Jr. But on the fence when talks about James Toney. Both would have been damn good fights.

Comment

I agree with everything you said

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
        It's hard to say how great GGG really is. While he has beaten a lot of quality Middleweights he has yet to face the best in his division.

But it's not his fault that the elite of the division have yet to fight him. Guys have vacated their titles, they have negotiated their way into other bigger money making fights, and have other promotional ties that won't allow them to face GGG.

He should though have faced Ward by now. But both are to blame for not making that fight happen when the opportunity was there.

Canelo will face him in September. That's when we will see how good he really is.

I agree with Jackson about Roy Jones Jr. But on the fence when talks about James Toney. Both would have been damn good fights.
        +1. Hopefully Canelo will gain 5 pounds by then and agree to the fight. If he doesn't hoping, Canelo will be stripped.. No games please

Comment

He's right...

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Jackson is right in that we don't seem to see the same level of skill from Golovkin that we saw from say Kovalev yesterday, or even Canelo.

It would be lights out if he fought my boy Toney.
            I don't really understand how people miss GGG's skill, does he have to move around on the backfoot? do the Philly shell?

Comment

no **** not taking anything away from ggg but this talk of him being the greatestr middleweight of all time is disgusting in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Is he pissed GGG is said to have beat up Kov in sparring, maybe. Maybe they can't deny it or Able will show the tapes. Sorry Kov, but GGG is a cool cat, you're a racist pig. Even if it's just bad humor.

I get people think Kov resume is much better, because he beat up aging grandpa B-hop.

But if you really break it down, there isn't a clear delineation. You look at what opponents done before and after a fight.

(I'll never understand why people put so much value in a name, and less on actually skill at the moment the fight happened. Do that, and many boxers resume look much different. Canelo, Floyd, both had beaten a lot of former champs, but many were limited in skill by the time they fought).

Kov has been lucky, the top LHW have been willing to face him. The top SMW has agreed to come up to face him.

GGG will beat a SMW at some point. There is a reason GGG is regarded so high.

But Kov trainer just hating.
                He's not hating. GGG is a good lil fighter. But he's not in Roy Jones or James Toney's league. Athletically, GGG couldn't do anything with Roy. He's just too slow and robotic. And James Toney was basically Floyd Mayweather with punching power. Roy would be fearfuk of GGG's power. So he'd keep his distance and outpoint him rather easily. As for Toney. We've never seen GGG have to dig deep. So I don't know how he woild react. But Toney would slip and counter the hell outta GGG. And it would basically be up to Gennady how he wants to go out. Keep his distance and get outpointed. Or keeping coming and get stopped. Not hating, those two are just better fighters than GGG.

Comment

Jackson must not know about these GGG fanatics. He's protected for now because he trains Kovalev. But the moment Kovalev looks less than spectacular, or loses a fight, JDJ will be blamed.

Comment

Jones would but not Toney.

Comment

the promotion of a posible future fight has begun

Comment

Working...
                      X