Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Toney was yes. To my knowledge, RJ's only performance enhancing controversy was against Richard Hall, at light heavy.
    What controversy? He tested positive, as did Toney.

Comment

• GGG vs Kov

The only hope I have for boxing is a GGG vs Kovalev fight. Everything else is boring BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        I think you seriously underestimate golovkins inside game.....the way he places them body shots and then turns his fist as it lands...his punch selection, he is far from wild and has great punch selection and placement...he shots to the body and then comes straight to the head.....you don't have over 345 wins as an amatuer in 350 fights to be poorly schooled lol.....I have never once said that golovkin has the same resume as hagler, Hopkins or toneys......but if you can't see how good golovkin is with his footwork and timing your not watching closely.....your talking about a fighter who completely won a fight with a single jab in his last fight...to say the jones,Hopkins or toneys will school him is totally over exaggerated and untill a fighter comes long that makes golovkin like amateurish then no one can discredit him......no one has even remotely tested him yet let alone beat him

once again...who has he fought near MCallum, Jones or Toney at 154-168?

No one....dude was getting touched up by no hoper Monroe on the inside...anyone can look good when they have talent and the comp is lacking....duuuuuh

Comment

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I personally think Andre Ward would school Golovkin. Just a bad style for him.
          You know.. there are quite a few advantages that Ward will have over GGG.

But IMHO, I think GGG would win, not easily however. His body shots, power, and ring IQ might really throw Ward off. GGG is excellent at cutting the ring as well. The fight still might get made in the future, especially if Kovalev beats Ward..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            Roy Jones was a knockout artist. Smh. Stop. For your sake.
            No he wasn't a knock out artist silly man...yes h win by knock outs of course....but a knock out artist is a John Mugabi,julian Jackson , Gerald McLennan. pipino cuevas....Jones could punch and knock u out but it was more timing and speed that got you...golovkin is knockout artist and so is kovalev but there not sheer knockout artists.....look i rate Roy Jones but he would not have schooled golovkin and nor would Hopkins or toney.....that's my opinion and golovkin is still to be tested

Comment

• Originally posted by CmdrSoCal View Post
              The only hope I have for boxing is a GGG vs Kovalev fight. Everything else is boring BS.
              Too unfair.. but GGG is special who knows. Kovalev respects GGG lots, GGG did in fact put Kovalev down for a little with a body shot during sparring. He's just that good!

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                once again...who has he fought near MCallum, Jones or Toney at 154-168?

No one....dude was getting touched up by no hoper Monroe on the inside...anyone can look good when they have talent and the comp is lacking....duuuuuh
                No one wants to fight him.....saunders said no to 4 million dollars.....canelo is refusing 160 ..tell me how can golovkin get that resume if that are avoiding him like the plague ....there's a reason for it

Comment

I think you seriously underestimate golovkins inside game.....the way he places them body shots and then turns his fist as it lands...his punch selection, he is far from wild and has great punch selection and placement...he shots to the body and then comes straight to the head.....you don't have over 345 wins as an amatuer in 350 fights to be poorly schooled lol.....I have never once said that golovkin has the same resume as hagler, Hopkins or toneys......but if you can't see how good golovkin is with his footwork and timing your not watching closely.....your talking about a fighter who completely won a fight with a single jab in his last fight...to say the jones,Hopkins or toneys will school him is totally over exaggerated and untill a fighter comes long that makes golovkin like amateurish then no one can discredit him......no one has even remotely tested him yet let alone beat him
                  GGG's inside game is terrible, which was highlighted in the Monroe fight. Let me guess, he was letting Monroe hit him to give "big drama show."

Comment

No one wants to fight him.....saunders said no to 4 million dollars.....canelo is refusing 160 ..tell me how can golovkin get that resume if that are avoiding him like the plague ....there's a reason for it
                    Ward, Lara, the Kovalev he beat up in sparring. He has options. He just doesn't like his options.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      How the hell was James Toney unproven when Roy fought him? He was an undefeated, two division champ and was top 5 on every credible P4P list.

Hopkins was "unproven" when he fought Roy. But, after Roy beat him, he didn't lost again for well over a decade. Hindsight says he was probably very good and underappreciated whenhe fought Roy.
                      Yeah Toney had only fought Mike McCallum, Michale Nunn and Reggie Johnson, among others at the time he fought Roy. He was so obviously not ready for Roy. /sarcasm Sometimes I wonder how people can be so ignorant with the ease of access to information lol.

As for Bernard. He was underappreciated for pretty much all of his prime. This is a guy that was made to be a regular on Tuesday Night Fights because everyone tried to ignore him.

Comment

Working...
                      X