Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
    No he wasn't a knock out artist silly man...yes h win by knock outs of course....but a knock out artist is a John Mugabi,julian Jackson , Gerald McLennan. pipino cuevas....Jones could punch and knock u out but it was more timing and speed that got you...golovkin is knockout artist and so is kovalev but there not sheer knockout artists.....look i rate Roy Jones but he would not have schooled golovkin and nor would Hopkins or toney.....that's my opinion and golovkin is still to be tested
    Can't determine anything about Golovkin until he fights a top opponent. Wouldn't dare place him with future hall of famers and Daniel Geale is among the short list of best wins. Show some respect for the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
      Ward, Lara, the Kovalev he beat up in sparring. He has options. He just doesn't like his options.
      He also called out the smaller guys from 154 as well.... like Cotto......
      but cant find a opponent for him.... SMH.... maybe he should rematch Lemieux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
        Is he pissed GGG is said to have beat up Kov in sparring, maybe. Maybe they can't deny it or Able will show the tapes. Sorry Kov, but GGG is a cool cat, you're a racist pig. Even if it's just bad humor.

I get people think Kov resume is much better, because he beat up aging grandpa B-hop.

But if you really break it down, there isn't a clear delineation. You look at what opponents done before and after a fight.

(I'll never understand why people put so much value in a name, and less on actually skill at the moment the fight happened. Do that, and many boxers resume look much different. Canelo, Floyd, both had beaten a lot of former champs, but many were limited in skill by the time they fought).

Kov has been lucky, the top LHW have been willing to face him. The top SMW has agreed to come up to face him.

GGG will beat a SMW at some point. There is a reason GGG is regarded so high.

But Kov trainer just hating.
        A Golovkin fan calling someone else racist? Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          I knew you were ****** but this takes your idiocy to another level.
          I've got him on ignore for a good reason. I only wish it extended to those posts also being hidden when they are quoted.

Comment

No one wants to fight him.....saunders said no to 4 million dollars.....canelo is refusing 160 ..tell me how can golovkin get that resume if that are avoiding him like the plague ....there's a reason for it
            how long are you gusy gonna ride that horse....you get no credit for fights not being made...both sides take the blame and no one gets credit...last time I checked no one on this forum is on GGG's team or his matchmaker

If I played devil's advocate I could easily say HBO is milking his contract to hype him up and make him a star and then he will fight better competition.

your opinion on him being ducked and mine on HBO milking his dates is all speculation

what we do know is GGG is the number one contender...holds two trinkets, and has yet to beat anyone to warrant p4p placement or the hype he recieves

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              GGG's inside game is terrible, which was highlighted in the Monroe fight. Let me guess, he was letting Monroe hit him to give "big drama show."
              Don't remember that inside game working out too well for Willie. I mean, if he was having so much success against a "terrible" inside fighter like GGG, why did he stop?

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                What controversy? He tested positive, as did Toney.
                Controversy because both tested positive for the same weight cutting PED.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  how long are you gusy gonna ride that horse....you get no credit for fights not being made...both sides take the blame and no one gets credit...last time I checked no one on this forum is on GGG's team or his matchmaker

If I played devil's advocate I could easily say HBO is milking his contract to hype him up and make him a star and then he will fight better competition.

your opinion on him being ducked and mine on HBO milking his dates is all speculation

what we do know is GGG is the number one contender...holds two trinkets, and has yet to beat anyone to warrant p4p placement or the hype he recieves
                  so your calling him number one contender even though everybody considers him the best middleweight in the world and the supposedly champion is refusing to fight at the stipulated weight for middleweights ......now you really are trolling now....it's February now and we only have 7 months till canelo has to face him or gets stripped or are you still going to class canelo as the best even though he chucked in a belt rather than face his number one challenger lol......golovkin beats everybody in his division and his only decent challenge will be Degale at super middleweight .....golovkin needs some big names on his resume I'll give you that and starting from September that's goona be one

Comment

No he wasn't a knock out artist silly man...yes h win by knock outs of course....but a knock out artist is a John Mugabi,julian Jackson , Gerald McLennan. pipino cuevas....Jones could punch and knock u out but it was more timing and speed that got you...golovkin is knockout artist and so is kovalev but there not sheer knockout artists.....look i rate Roy Jones but he would not have schooled golovkin and nor would Hopkins or toney.....that's my opinion and golovkin is still to be tested
                    He is yet to be tested? Your words right. Explain how an untested fighter would not be schooled by the best Middleweights of the 90's? Doesn't make one bit of sense?

Also to claim Jones isn't a power puncher is ridiculous.. You don't put people out like Jones did without being a power puncher.

Comment

• It's shameful mentioning those names with an unproven contender like this middleweight hypejob. (Even Zab Judah is more accomplished and has fought way better opponents than anyone on this guy's resume.) What did he do? What did he accomplish? Who is the best name on his resume? Geale, Rubio? Damn...

Comment

Working...
                      X