Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Prime Roy Jones, Toney Would School Golovkin!

John David Jackson, best known right now as the trainer for WBO/WBA/IBF light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev, feels Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs) is being overhyped to a certain degree.

[Click Here To Read More]

Toney might rough him up a bit but he would still lose. Jones would be sucking his own methane by round 6

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      John David Jackson, best known right now as the trainer for WBO/WBA/IBF light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev, feels Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs) is being overhyped to a certain degree.

This can be said about many fighters in many of todays divisions.
      For god sakes Danny Garcia is WW champ. Could you imagine him in with prime Margarito? Charles Martin, Wilder, Jacobs the list goes on. Boxing is run more on promotion and protected prospects now so is inevitable. GGG is a solid fighter though I think he beats all the current MWs, problem is getting them in the ring.

Comment

I personally think Andre Ward would school Golovkin. Just a bad style for him.

Comment

Is Jackson mad because his man KOVALEV doesnt get the same hype as Golovkin? I can understand that as Kovalevs resume is already better than Golovkins.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            I think
            You've identified the problem. The next step is fixing it.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post

We'll never know. GGG seems to just overwhelm guys with million of jabs and heavy short punches enabled by perfect foot placement. If there ever was a guy that could disrupt GGG's foot movement it would be twinkle toes RJJ though.

Toney I think would survive the onslaught but lose a wide enough decision. Look at the Jirov fight for proof. No way Toney won that on the cards. GGG would inflict a beating many times worse than that.

Comment

School? Nah. They can and might win but they have to go thru hell.

Golovkin would test both of them chin, will power and mental capacity.

Both would be past prime after a fight with Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  I personally think Andre Ward would school Golovkin. Just a bad style for him.
                  I think so to .

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                    This can be said about many fighters in many of todays divisions.
                    For god sakes Danny Garcia is WW champ. Could you imagine him in with prime Margarito? Charles Martin, Wilder, Jacobs the list goes on. Boxing is run more on promotion and protected prospects now so is inevitable. GGG is a solid fighter though I think he beats all the current MWs, problem is getting them in the ring.

All the top trainers/fighters are saying the same thing about Golovkin.

JDJ is selling him a little short though, I think he is clearly the best middleweight around.

And I wouldn't necessarily write him off against world-class opponents either, but comparing him to greats is ridiculous at this stage.

Jackson is right in that we don't seem to see the same level of skill from Golovkin that we saw from say Kovalev yesterday, or even Canelo.

It would be lights out if he fought my boy Toney.

Comment

Working...
                    X