Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you miss Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's been out for a while, i miss him already.

Comment

I already do. He is the type of fighter that you can't help but like (unless you are just a dummy).
      The first time I seen him against Ortiz, he was getting beat up, but never stopped fighting back.
      I wanted to see the Broner rematch, Thurman, Garcia and Khan rematch.

He had a great career, came back from disappointing losses to fight back to the top.
      One of the best action fighters in the last decade, he will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Damiens View Post
        That's true. I remember I wanted Maidana to beat Ortiz and he did. And I was rooting for Lopez to beat Maidana but he didn't. I think I like Maidana because he made me $500 when I bet he would beat the brakes off of Broner lol

Well that would certainly sway me a bit.

Comment

The Maidana that fought Floyd would destroy Devon lol, what are you talking about? Floyd would pick apart everyone you named lmao.
          What are you talking about? Alexander made easy work of Maidana. That Alexander would beat any version of Maidana. We aren't talking about Floyd. We are talking about Chino's over rated arse. That Floyd runweather would pick apart Thurman, Brook or Spence is highly debatable, and we will never find out, because Floyd was too busy fighting fringe contenders like Chino twice.

Comment

We love you chino!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
              I already do. He is the type of fighter that you can't help but like (unless you are just a dummy).
              The first time I seen him against Ortiz, he was getting beat up, but never stopped fighting back.
              I wanted to see the Broner rematch, Thurman, Garcia and Khan rematch.

He had a great career, came back from disappointing losses to fight back to the top.
              One of the best action fighters in the last decade, he will be missed.
              I liked his heart. He gave it his all, and never quit. Ortiz was giving him quite a beating. My only gripe with Maidana is that he ducked Thurman a couple times. He fought back to the top by selective match making. But got the Mayweather fights, and likely set himself up for life. Good for him.

Comment

Yep, he brought it and his fights were fun. I always enjoyed watching Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                  What are you talking about? Alexander made easy work of Maidana. That Alexander would beat any version of Maidana. We aren't talking about Floyd. We are talking about Chino's over rated arse. That Floyd runweather would pick apart Thurman, Brook or Spence is highly debatable, and we will never find out, because Floyd was too busy fighting fringe contenders like Chino twice.
                  Again, you're using no boxing knowledge. If you think the Maidana that fought Floyd was the same Maidana that fought Devon then stop right now and go do your homework. Hell, look at him against Devon then look at him against Karass. He went from a brawling style and adopted a completely mechanical style with much better technique. Various feints, a working range-finding jab, a jab to position and set up his shots, foot-feints, bending at the knees, head-movement, straighter shots, better combinations and an ACTUAL defense which he didn't have before. If you can't see that then you're clearly just a hater or I'm sorry to say, mentally ill.

Again, NOT the same Maidana
                  Last edited by Damiens; 01-25-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Again, you're using no boxing knowledge. If you think the Maidana that fought Floyd was the same Maidana that fought Devon then stop right now and go do your homework. Hell, look at him against Devon then look at him against Karass. He went from a brawling style and adopted a completely mechanical style with much better technique. Various feints, a working range-finding jab, a jab to position and set up his shots, foot-feints, bending at the knees, head-movement, straighter shots, better combinations and an ACTUAL defense which he didn't have before. If you can't see that then you're clearly just a hater or I'm sorry to say, mentally ill.
                    You choose to speak in hypotheticals. I choose to speak in reality. You claim boxing knowledge, but don't seem to have any. Maidana matched up much differently with Mayweather versus Alexander. With Mayweather, he could be much more aggressive, because Maidana is bigger physically than Mayweather is. He was heavier in the ring, and he also knew that Mayweather couldn't hurt him, so he could come in with his wildness, and attack. Against Alexander, it wasn't the current old gnome Alexander, it was an Alexander that was still serviceable. Alexander is Maidana's size. Add to that he has an iron chin. Add to that, he hurt Maidana during their fight, something that Floyd didn't have the power to do. A more wild and care free aggressive Maidana would lose worse against that Alexander, than he did when they fought. Hell, Alexander took Maidana's punches better than Maidana took his. Karass is garbage. Are you a teenager or a woman?

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                      You choose to speak in hypotheticals. I choose to speak in reality. You claim boxing knowledge, but don't seem to have any. Maidana matched up much differently with Mayweather versus Alexander. With Mayweather, he could be much more aggressive, because Maidana is bigger physically than Mayweather is. He was heavier in the ring, and he also knew that Mayweather couldn't hurt him, so he could come in with his wildness, and attack. Against Alexander, it wasn't the current old gnome Alexander, it was an Alexander that was still serviceable. Alexander is Maidana's size. Add to that he has an iron chin. Add to that, he hurt Maidana during their fight, something that Floyd didn't have the power to do. A more wild and care free aggressive Maidana would lose worse against that Alexander, than he did when they fought. Hell, Alexander took Maidana's punches better than Maidana took his. Karass is garbage. Are you a teenager or a woman?

LOL. He took Maidana's punches? Maidana never landed clean on Alexander you clown. You're calling me names because YDKSAB. Alexander looked like crap against Karass. Also, Alexander can get worse but Maidana can't get better, right? Again, HAHA. You sound like a joke. Floyd would school Alexander and make him quit like Bradley did. Maidana would murder Alexander and I could imagine you balling your eyes at the TV as Alexander gets TKO'd. Alexander doesn't have any power. He couldn't even hurt Khan but somehow he's such a big puncher that not even Maidana dared to attack him? Even though Maidana fought Ortiz with much more aggressiveness and Ortiz is bigger than Alexander AND a bigger puncher? Haha, I'm schooling you right now, just stop. Just admit you hate Floyd and don't want to give him any credit for beating Maidana. Therefore you want to diminish Maidana's improvements to say Floyd sucks. Get out of here clown.

Comment

Working...
                      X