Comments Thread For: Charles Martin Will Have One Year To Make IBF Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Do you know how to make a poll ?

I see them sometimes, but not sure how ?
    Naw my friend I don't know how. I'm to old to know that. I'm not that savy of a poster.

Comment

These were the IBF rankings as of January 4th.

1 Vyacheslav Glazkov Ukraine
      2 NOT RATED
      3 Charles Martin United States
      4 Erkan Teper Germany
      5 Anthony Joshua England
      6 Carlos Takam France
      7 Joshua Parker New Zealand

This will leave Teper or Joshua as the mandatory and I doubt they will want to fight each other for the opportunity. It is possible that we might see either fight Takam to establish the mandatory.

Comment

To earn his respect, Martin will have to be a Fighting Champion, I don't think he should play it safe for a year. Don't wait for Mandatory to be Ordered, take on the top fighters available now. I think Chisora would be a solid opponent for him next.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          According to GGG fanboy logic, unification trumps everything. So Wilder should ask Provetkin to step aside so he can fight Martin, right.
          Wilder should do alot of things. He won't fight Martin either though. Martin is pretty good, remember bum squad only fights bums.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
            Wilder should do alot of things. He won't fight Martin either though. Martin is pretty good, remember bum squad only fights bums.
            How can you figure out that Martin is 'pretty good'? based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              These were the IBF rankings as of January 4th.

1 Vyacheslav Glazkov Ukraine
              2 NOT RATED
              3 Charles Martin United States
              4 Erkan Teper Germany
              5 Anthony Joshua England
              6 Carlos Takam France
              7 Joshua Parker New Zealand

This will leave Teper or Joshua as the mandatory and I doubt they will want to fight each other for the opportunity. It is possible that we might see either fight Takam to establish the mandatory.
              I think both Joshua and Parker will be going for that IBF shot, but not so sure their teams will be willing to put them against each other until it's a big-money-title-on-the-line type fight. Teper will be removed from the rankings soon because of the drugs ban so that leaves Joshua-Takam as the fight they'd order right? Or do we have to wait for the new rankings to know?

Comment

Charles martin v Mark demori would be a perfect matchup to illustrate what a joke the IBF has made itself look.

Comment

Whilst the IBF is clearly a joke, I would point out that over 80 of the 170 fighters that make up the top 10 contenders across the 17 divisions in the WBA rankings, do not appear in the top 10 for any of the WBC, IBF, WHO, Ring, Box Rec, or the Transnational Boxing Rankings.

They literally appear to pull names out of a made up hat!

The IBF comes in a close second.

Look at the "hall of shame" and the "one and only's" pages on my site for a full breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    To earn his respect, Martin will have to be a Fighting Champion, I don't think he should play it safe for a year. Don't wait for Mandatory to be Ordered, take on the top fighters available now. I think Chisora would be a solid opponent for him next.
                    And that's the messed up thing about this dude being a champion. Him fighting Chisora is a solid tough matchup.

Dudes the champ, so he should be very will and ready for any and all opponents. F uck trying to build him up. There is no need he's the CHAMP so bring on all top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Chisora would beat him based on what I've seen of Martin.

Comment

Working...
                      X