Loeffler: Jacobs vs Golovkin would be a BIG fight especially in New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    I think there is.

He has speed, can box, provides good foot movement, power in both hands, etc.

All of GGG's opponents haven't offered any real threat in the power department except for Lemieux in which GGG was able to outbox him.

If GGG tries to fight Jacobs like he did Monroe Jr, Jacobs will flatten him. If he tries to outbox Jacobs like GGG did Lemieux, he runs the risk of getting outboxed.

It's an interesting dynamic.
    Dream on mate!

Comment

Going in for the kill. Stuff happens. By all means Golovkin should take advantage if that's the case.

BTW, wasn't SRL dropped by Kevin Howard on a flash knockdown? Pac KO'd by someone from Thailand?
      Yeah guys get caught. In his last two fights, Danny's been ultra-aggressive with guys. It paid off big vs Quillin, but he's lucky Sergio is the Paulie Mallinaggi of the MW's. That's how Lemieux got clipped by Rubio.

I look forward to what the WBA has to say on Wednesday. My guess is they'll order Jacobs to fight Blanco first. I'm fine with Danny getting a few more fights before Golovkin. He'll build up his marketability & credibility more so and Golovkin will have a couple more fights too (I doubt Alvarez being one of them), and Golovkin/Jacobs will be a huge end of the year fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Lemieux had clearly retified the issues which led to him losing to Rubio and Alcine.

Jacobs seems to be as vulnerable now as he was when he got KO'd by Pirog.

Jacobs vs Quillin was a "first to land wins" fight. Jacobs just landed first.
        He rectified his situation by facing guys who couldn't punch. After the Mora fight the average KO percentage of his opponents were under 50%. He only faced two opponents with a KO percentage above 50% One was N'dam, who's chinny, and his KO percentage was only 55%. With the De la Rosa fight he's back to facing the level of competition he was facing before GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          He rectified his situation by facing guys who couldn't punch. After the Mora fight the average KO percentage of his opponents were under 50%. He only faced two opponents with a KO percentage above 50% One was N'dam, who's chinny, and his KO percentage was only 55%. With the De la Rosa fight he's back to facing the level of competition he was facing before GGG.
          Well, Lemieux tried to fight Quillin after Lemieux beat Fernando Guerrero (just before the WBO told him he had to fight Korobov). Quillin for whatever reason said no, but team Lemieux wanted it.

"The world championship bout between David Lemieux and Peter Quillin will have to wait. The two clans had enjoyed discussions this spring, but according to Yvon Michel, the speedy victory of Quebecers against Fernando Guerrero has cooled the ardor of the camp of WBO champion. Michel, Lemieux and manager Camille Estephan, will develop over the next few days the scenario for the next fight."
          http://www.rds.ca/combat/boxe/lemieu...plan-1.1154813

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            Bull****. Go read the thread I posted last week about the WBA tournament. Fury fans were saying he should drop the bet after the Klitschko fight instead of fighting Luis Ortiz.

GGG fans don't have a problem with Jacobs because Jacobs is known to be chinny. But mention Lara and they'll give a million excuses as to why the fight shouldn't happen. They'll even say Jacobs should protect GGG by fighting Lara. Lara would be by far the best name on GGG's resume and a common opponent with Canelo. GGG fans immediately dismiss the fight.
            You seem to have a fixation about fans of certain fighters being scared for their hero's health and well-being.

You should stop over analysing comments and projecting your own fears and doubts onto other people.

Fury boxes rings around Ortiz, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Yeah guys get caught. In his last two fights, Danny's been ultra-aggressive with guys. It paid off big vs Quillin, but he's lucky Sergio is the Paulie Mallinaggi of the MW's. That's how Lemieux got clipped by Rubio.

I look forward to what the WBA has to say on Wednesday. My guess is they'll order Jacobs to fight Blanco first. I'm fine with Danny getting a few more fights before Golovkin. He'll build up his marketability & credibility more so and Golovkin will have a couple more fights too (I doubt Alvarez being one of them), and Golovkin/Jacobs will be a huge end of the year fight.
              Yeah, if the WBA orders Jacobs mandatory I've heard Eubanks Jr and Blanco mentioned.

As far as GGG if no Jacobs, BJS, Johnson, or Canelo (155 catchweight), the pickings are very slim. Maybe Heiland or maybe GGG should fight Eubanks Jr?

Comment

Yeah, if the WBA orders Jacobs mandatory I've heard Eubanks Jr and Blanco mentioned.

As far as GGG if no Jacobs, BJS, Johnson, or Canelo (155 catchweight), the pickings are very slim. Maybe Heiland or maybe GGG should fight Eubanks Jr?
                I'm hoping for Jacobs or Lara, but expecting Lee because he'll come much cheaper, has been on tv multiple times, and has no politics to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Well, Lemieux tried to fight Quillin after Lemieux beat Fernando Guerrero (just before the WBO told him he had to fight Korobov). Quillin for whatever reason said no, but team Lemieux wanted it.

http://www.rds.ca/combat/boxe/lemieu...plan-1.1154813
                  He's been curving Stevenson since the GGG fight.

Comment

@ 6:20 Leoffler says GGG vs Jacobs would be a BIG fight; especially in New York.

There you have it. Leoffler also says he's neutral to Haymon/PBC/Dibella. Canelo-GGG won't happen due to 155 lb request. Now let's get the GGG-Jacobs ball rolling
                    Why is Ramirez being considered as a potential opponent for GGG after he fights Wade when Jacobs is the #1 MW and Tom is on record saying Jacobs vs GGG is a massive fight in NYC?

I'm not trying to sound like a nuisance, but let's get the damn negotiations for this fight started already. Schit.

Comment

Jacobs: "GGG who?"

Comment

Working...
                      X