No announcement yet.

Robbie Lawler: Mayweather wouldn't last 2 minutes with any top UFC fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    exactly...how long would lawlor last in the ring with a decent pro fighter? 30 seconds

none of that dry humping going on in a boxing ring
    Pug,
    There is this UFC fighter in the gym who is underfeated in 2 fights but prior to that his record as an amatuer boxer was wins: 0 lose: 4...

Comment

Now this is getting to be really pathetic. I am not a Floyd Mayweather Jr fanboy nor am I a hater but I will say this, Floyd Mayweather is a FAR superior athlete to any UFC or MMA fighter. Had Floyd dedicated his craft to MMA at a young age to a different Martial art instead of boxing, I have no doubt in my mind Floyd would be known as one of the greatest mixed martial artists ever but he didnt so these jealous MMA fighters need to keep his name out of their mouth. I have no doubt Floyd out trains any UFC fighter physically & mentally for that matter. I think Holly Holm proved that an elite boxer can train can leave the sport and be successful in MMA if the time was dedicated to it and I see it going no different if Floyd were to do so but hes to old and rich for that so I see no sense. People hate on Floyd but the man is a workout machine which is one of the main reasons why I went from being a Floyd hater to really respecting him as an athlete in the sport I love.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        still waiting for one of these UFC guys to stay on top of their game for 18 years straight and dominate the sport.
        It's tough to do that in a combat sport where the best have to fight the best and you don't see the blatant cherry-picking you unfortunately see in boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          why do ufc fighters constantly call out boxers? focus on your own sport nimwit
          Floyd started this by throwing the race card at Connor McGregor.

Comment

Guys, guys.....you're comparing apples and oranges. These are 2 totally different sports with one sport (MMA) having boxing being just 1 style amongst many different forms of fighting. An MMA fighter would probably never beat a pro boxer in a boxing ring. Boxers practice 1 craft. BOXING! That's it. They practice and train to defend against punches only! That's it. Master the art of throwing punches and defending from punches.

An MMA fighter on the other hand has to be able to defend against many martial art forms and can't train solely to fight and defend against just one style.

If Floyd were to enter the ring with a well rounded elite MMA fighter, he has a VERY small window of opportunity to try and get a KO or else he will be taken down and have his limbs separated from his body before he even knows what's happening to him.

Comment

Michael Jordan was a really bad baseball player.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                It's tough to do that in a combat sport where the best have to fight the best and you don't see the blatant cherry-picking you unfortunately see in boxing today.
                People keep saying this crap when MMA is concerned when the talent pool is crap compared to boxing. Unfortunately there is a lot of cherry picking in boxing but that does not mean the MMA fighters are facing stiffer challenges.

I have noticed that UFC fans have a tendency to make excuses when one of their hype jobs gets exposed. If a boxer was exposed, like Ronda Rousey was, you wouldn't have fans collectively talking about how good she still is and how she just went at it with the wrong game plan. The boxer would get picked to part.

It's not that MMA fighters face greater challenges; their fans simply have lower expectations.

Comment

These debates are so f#cking stupid. There is no question MMA is a superior fighting style in a fight. I'd take the MMA guy over the boxing guy all day in a fight where all else is equal. But Robbie calling out Floyd is like LeBron calling out Robbie in basketball. These are different sports. Its just the fighting aspect that get guys throwing out all common sense.

Lets see Conor McGregor call out Tyson Fury. That might be more even. Got a size advantage vs a fighting style advantage.

Comment

UFC is a joke. Fake martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      I'll give credit to that point. Nice riposte.

Comment

Working...
                      X